Large Quern.

EreticKB

Currently quern looks good as small quern for hand grinding, but when you build it as part of windmill it simple ridiculous. I think for windmill we need large quern with 3x3x2(2 horizontal disks65a9c766ef6b896b3f13cc9455bebb43.thumb.jpg.9bd58d7d21fb9df295debe4495a3d874.jpg

) or 3x3x3 (base with one or two "wheels" http://static.ngs.ru/news/preview/e443427f2679fb5103dd1dfb711c74560d397323_695.jpg) blocks in XxYxZ dimensions.

Also we need bigger (in size) bloomery.

Edited by EreticKB
  • Like 5

I like the idea of a large quern, making it a more "modern" thing, I guess. 

I like being able to advance production of things when they're not astronomical automation or similar, but a windmill with a large output would be great for dye, grain and more. 

• Like 2

I'd also like to suggest a saddle quern--maybe made with a few pieces of hard stone (or if there were a way to pick up boulders instead of breaking them--perhaps a shovel?). It could process at like half or a quarter of the speed of a normal quern, but I'd love for flour to not be gated behind the copper age--it doesn't make any sense. Saddle querns are things our stone age ancestors used all the time.

f55c8bdc04dac5fab89b116cc6b065aa6ee2d7df.jpg.13fd23bc7496a1a11b7deecfdcae85ee.jpg

Ideally cooking pots could also be used to pick up one liter of water, which couldn't be used for terraforming but which COULD be used in recipes. Soup being gated behind the copper age is also a bit ridiculous.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, goaliemagics said:

I'd also like to suggest a saddle quern--maybe made with a few pieces of hard stone (or if there were a way to pick up boulders instead of breaking them--perhaps a shovel?).

I like the idea of this, and would suggest that being able to create a saddle quern could be chance based - whenever you interact with a boulder or piece of stone there could be a chance (much smaller for the rock than the stone) that you pick up a quern instead. And yes, any vessel should be able to pick up water for cooking (or cassava soaking).

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.