Smithing and voxels

Sokol777
Go to solution Solved by Streetwind,

Hi, I started smithing Iron Blooms on my anvil to clean them to get a full iron ingot, but on one bloom I accidently missed with my hammer the piece of voxel I was suppose to clear/split and I hit a part of the voxel that creates the ingot. Now my "Partially worked Iron Bloom" is missing three voxels to form an iron ingot. Is there a way of adding onto that said ingot from the other ingots I'm working on, because I tend to get some left over voxels on those other Iron blooms, and I just end up deleting those extra voxels of the useful voxels that create the iron ingot?

• Solution

Welcome to the forums :)

You can save the ruined bloom until you have a windmill set up that drives a helvehammer. The hammer can work blooms for you, so you don't have to do it all yourself. And it will produce a perfect ingot every time, even when the original bloom would not have enough voxels for it. So it will actually repair a bloom that you accidentally ruined.

It will also produces plates from ingots, and plates can be used to start chainmail recipes, so the helvehammer is a great help when producing heavy armor. Every workshop should aspire to have one!

• Like 2

Unfortunately you cannot re-smelt it to recover the missing bits unlike with other ingots, nor can you throw it back into the bloomery. However, there can be more iron bits than are needed to complete the ingot so don't immediately give up hope. In your case though, you will have to wait for the heave hammer as said above.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.