Why does my greenhouse hate me

Butterbot

3 hours ago, Streetwind said:

What exactly is the issue? What are you trying to do that isn't working, how does it manifest?

Just checking this so we can determine if there is actually a problem, or just a misunderstanding of how it's supposed to work. That happens sometimes.

I am trying to make a 5x5 greenhouse. I can't get the greenhouse buff to show up on my tilled block

2 hours ago, Zandramas said:

Hi!

I just replaced the door of my greenhouse with a rough wooden door and the buff disappeared. So I think it's not working with that door. Maybe try to close the entry with dirt blocks to check this.

I will! I tried that before, but then I ripped down the entire greenhouse and moved it from the house (I thought maybe the higher walls were interfering with the sunlight??) but I haven't tried that with the current build.

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Do I see a rough hewn gate in the last screenshot?  If it is, that might be the problem.  Try replacing it with a dirt block.

It can take a while for the game to recognize a greenhouse.  You may want to implement a fix go do something for a bit and come back to see if anything changed.

That's exactly right, with dirt blocks the buff did appear eventually. Guess I'd better hurry up and get that anvil made!

• Cookie time 1

Per the wiki's greenhouse page: 

It might take a little bit of time before the +5°C buff appears on the farmland blocks inside of the structure, and not all blocks will be updated simultaneously. To be precise, every farmland block checks for a greenhouse after a maximum of 4 ingame hours - plus minus a few seconds - and will check in every direction for walls & roof stopping the search in the allowed distance of up to 7 blocks.

Edited by Silent Shadow

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.