Questions/help

motor services of chepstow

Hi Everyone, I have recently started my adventure in this game and i have a few questions that i can not find the answers for. Firstly i really struggle to find enough copper in order to make a pick axe and hammer. What locations should i look out for e.g around lakes, mountains?

Is there anyway to adjust the amount of day time as i do find this is a bit short for myself. Also at night it is pitch black on my monitor, 2 or 3 times respawning after death in the night i have fallen down caves and had to wait until a starve. Literally i can not see anything. 

When building a clay mold i find it very tedious especially making the sides of a storage pot, i did see a youtuber do this differently it looked like it did the edges just by clicking if that makes sense. 

Thanks in advance, having allot of fun i must say. 

1.) Surface copper deposits are randomly distributed. There's no best location to look, you just gotta be thorough and cover some ground. Recommendation: pick up every loose stone you see. Then at least you'll know where you've already been, and won't accidentally overlook something.

You can also use gravel/sand panning to look for copper nuggets. On average, every eight panning attempts (= processing one full block) yields one nugget.

2.) Amount of daylight cannot be adjusted, as it already changes dynamically. VS has a full season simulation with equinoxes and solstices and variable daylight length depending on time of year and geographic latitude. In the far north you can have a sun that never sets during summer, for instance - just like IRL. Dawn and dusk can also be affected by the weather.

The game starts you in May, halfway between the spring equinox and the summer solstice, with the world spawn at roughly 45° north. That means you already have longer days than nights, and with every day you play, the nights get even shorter and the daylight lasts even longer. Near the solstice, your nights will be around 4 hours long, compared to 20 hours daylight (including dusk and dawn).

Amount of light level at night depends on weather and the moon phase. Cloud cover tends to make things pitch black, as does the new moon. Clear skies during full moon let you see a bit better at night.

That said, you're not supposed to see well at night. That's intentional. You're expected to craft yourself a light source and carry it with you. For earlygame, put sticks into the processing slot of a firepit to make torches. Don't go swimming while they're selected in your hotbar, they'll go out! Later, better light sources let you swim with them.

3.) While mousing over the clay object you want to make with clay in hand, press F. This brings up a mode selector. One of the modes is "copy previous layer". Using that, you can indeed just hold down the button to pull up the sides of the storage vessel.

Edited by Streetwind
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Streetwind said:

2.) Amount of daylight cannot be adjusted, as it already changes dynamically. VS has a full season simulation with equinoxes and solstices and variable daylight length depending on time of year and geographic latitude. In the far north you can have a sun that never sets during summer, for instance - just like IRL. Dawn and dusk can also be affected by the weather.

The game starts you in May, halfway between the spring equinox and the summer solstice, with the world spawn at roughly 45° north. That means you already have longer days than nights, and with every day you play, the nights get even shorter and the daylight lasts even longer. Near the solstice, your nights will be around 4 hours long, compared to 20 hours daylight (including dusk and dawn).

That's so freakin' cool. I  thought that was happening, but I wasn't sure.

Hi! My personal technique for getting enough copper for the firstpickaxe, or for when I find a mineral but I don't have my pickaxe (or one that's not the right strength) is this:

1-pick up any and all nuggets.

2-mark on the map (zoomed in) where you found the mineral.

3- dig a hole as deep as you can on the square where a nugget was laying.

The random pit is much easier to find when you come back. You can make a planning tray with a single log and your knife to pan for the remainder. Sand or gravel is better here than bony soil. Gather lots of cattails/papyrus to make hand and ground baskets- a full inventory is the worst feeling!! I'd also reccomend getting clay working going as early as possible- a cooking pot or two and at least 1 bowl let you make much more filling meals, and it takes a while for clay creations to be fired. Everyone else has made great suggestions, too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.