How do you smelt Lamellae into ingots?

Malfiros
Go to solution Solved by Omega Haxors,

So I was panning some bony soil and dredged up a tin bronze lamellae. In the description it reads it smelts into 1x tin bronze ingot. It wouldn’t go into a crucible, forge, or even onto the anvil. I ended up trying the chisel, but it only recovered tin bronze bits totaling 50 units (half an ingot). I didn’t try building bloomery, maybe that’s how you smelt lamellae into ingots? Any direction would be appreciated! 

• Solution

Huh seems that the chisel recipe for lamellae gives half as much bits as it should.
That's probably a bug. EDIT: Yeah it is. Scales are supposed to be the ones that give half material.

The clear solution here is to make lamellae cost half as much to make in the casting process, maybe then people would actually use it.

Edited by Omega Haxors

• 2 weeks later...

The need to break down finished metal products into chunks to re-smelt them is new in version 1.15. Previously, you could just chuck the thing into the crucible as is.

So each item displays how many bars it smelts into, because that info used to be useful in older versions. It was not removed in 1.15. Either it was overlooked, or left intentionally so people could still tell what they would get.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.