Fruit trees

junawood

I haven't played any 1.16 version yet, but read the info about the fruit trees and do those numbers mean that, in an area where it can get colder than 6-10 degrees, it's likely that orange/olive/mango die, but if the temperature also never stays at 1,5-2,5 for 220 hours, the other trees will never flower? I'm not 100% sure about the numbers, but that sounds like no fruit trees would really work in my area.

And that after 75% of the cuttings die when you plant them and 95% when you try grafting? Why?

And how many cuttings do you get per tree to even try?

>>Fruit trees can be harvested by breaking the leaf blocks titled "with ripe fruit".<< Does that mean you have a bald tree after every harvest? Do those blocks regrow, and when or what triggers that, if they do?

https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=Fruit_Trees

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When you break the fruit trees with an axe, you can get up to two "tree cuttings" and replant them with a 25% chance of them regrowing and surviving it says.
I could just place them somewhere upright on the ground. Now I'm waiting...When you break the fruit trees with an axe, you can get up to two "tree cuttings" and replant them with a 25% chance of them regrowing and surviving it says.
I could just place them somewhere upright on the ground. Now I'm waiting...

1 hour ago, Jacob Kos said:

Most recent patch notes for 1.16.4-rc.2  say: "Fixed: Some derp with fruit tree branches not regrowing after being cut"

No idea if it fixes the issue of planted cuttings not growing, honestly doesn't seem like it.

I agree with you, the specific wording makes it sound like it's a problem that was fixed with existing, fully grown fruit trees that players have cut a branch off. As opposed to freshly grown trees the player has planted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.