Fire Spread

Lynne

I updated to 1.16.0 stable, and started a new world.  Got to the point where i started a pit kiln for pickaxe and hammer molds.  The grass around it caught on fire.  I didnt look around much after because i was making more molds. Then I noticed behind me the entire area was on fire as well as the trader. So I logged out of the world and deleted it.

I have never had this happen to me before. Is there a command to turn off fire spread? I have googled for a couple days and cant find any command. Or is there a different way in the world to deal with pit kilns, like should i not do these inside a building?

Option 1: remove flammable blocks rom the vicinity of the kiln. Like 2 blocks out in all directions will do.

Option 2: house kilns inside a stone structure. I like to put them in a 3x3x3 cobblestone shell, the same one I use as a charcoal pit. Fits five kilns at once, and nothing outside ever caught fire, even though it was surrounded by grass.

• Cookie time 1

• 4 weeks later...

AND its looks good to, to use stone.... 5x5 then a "ring" on the outer end, then fill the 3x3 inside whit like dirt... and a 1x1 in the middle.

Then cover the dirt whit stone, leave 1x1 so you can take out the dirt ( so you can use that space for the wood ) and then you just block it whit a 1x1 stone and let it "cook"  ^_^

• 2 months later...

I have a pretty bad thing in my world, I set up shop in a forest with 50% more vegetation or whatever it’s call, and my pit kilms have started a fire that has cleared about 50-60 blocks in all detections and in some places the fire itself is 30 odd blocks long. Short story short the world is playable for about 15 minutes before black screen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.