Where is the resin???

Benjamin Bishop

Must just be bad luck. I usually find several my first day. I just started a new game, survival, all defaults, and had 2 by noon, a third at 12:27. I was a bit worried because I did not start in a pine forest as usual, but found the start of a pine stand about 600 south of spawn. Now it's 13:48. I just spotted my 4th, and I am 3 fiber short of a linen bag. That's a little better than usual, but not by much.

[EDIT]

I just switched to this and had just hit escape to exit out when I noticed a second resin in the same view. So that's actually my 5th resin before 2PM. The problem from my point of view is that I have very few copper. Usually I've got a dozen or more by now, and I only have 4 because I've been focusing on the trees rather than the ground.

2022-02-08_08-33-42.png

Edited by Thorfinn

I also had problems finding resin in my 1.16 world. I have quite a lot pine trees near my home but only one (that i found) has resin on it. I was not very lucky in regions far away too. So i actually started to bookmark the few spots (wich i never had to do in former versions of the game). Would be cool if we could have resin randomly on the trees we planted ourselfs or harvest it by cutting with a tool and stick some resin pots to it.

1 hour ago, Aur1FX said:

I also had problems finding resin in my 1.16 world. I have quite a lot pine trees near my home but only one (that i found) has resin on it. I was not very lucky in regions far away too. So i actually started to bookmark the few spots (wich i never had to do in former versions of the game). Would be cool if we could have resin randomly on the trees we planted ourselfs or harvest it by cutting with a tool and stick some resin pots to it.

I believe there are mods which do that. I don't know whether they are compatible with 1.16.

[EDIT]

Yeah, look at Wild Farming (allows tapping trees) and More Resin (restores 1.15 resin spawn rates). Both have been updated to 1.16. 

Edited by Thorfinn

38 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

I believe there are mods which do that. I don't know whether they are compatible with 1.16.

[EDIT]

Yeah, look at Wild Farming (allows tapping trees) and More Resin (restores 1.15 resin spawn rates). Both have been updated to 1.16. 

I will look into that, thx a lot :)

There's probably something weird with resin and climate or something. From experience some areas don't have any at all, so I just wander around until I randomly find a tree that has it and then I look around at other trees

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.