Fruit tree fix, more Vintagehosting and Development update (v1.16.5-rc.1)

Tyron

Dear Players
v1.16.5-rc.1, a unstable release, can now be downloaded through the account manager.

Been a month since I last posted so it's about time for an update. Here's whats happened so far.

1.16.5-rc.1 minor game update
This update brings a few essential bugfixes, as an unstable release to be on the safe side. Should become stable in a few days. I feel 99% certain this will be the last 1.16.x update.

Ukraine Charity
From the 27th until the 6th of March we have donated 100% of our revenue to humanitarian aid for Ukraine, amounting to over 5000 Eur. We have seen increased sales during that time period  - thank you everyone for participating!

Vintagehosting update
As of yesterday, our Vintagehosting servers now allow a maximum player count of 8 players at no additional cost (previously 5 was the limit). Existing server owners may need to restart their game server for changes to take effect.

2022 Feature Trailer Additions
Currently we are focused on creating a new, 3 minute long main game trailer. In the process we add new visual effects and small details to help visualize the games mechanics and in-game experience. Most of them will become a permanent part of the game in the next main update. I've posted several of this changes on our Discord. Here's a few of them

Player and Creature frost overlay. Freezing players will look frosted and have a freezing animation.
0-freeze.thumb.png.195b808fbcacbe33d5b596200896ec59.png

You'll be able to sit down on a block edge
sitedge2.gif.7c3ad1f1ffd63422d51818d4c694bd61.gif

Improved Lava visuals
lava.thumb.png.a816e9d4533ca8db337c177ffb3d40c5.png

Layered gravel (from panning), Sea shells and loose stones will be submersible. Added flowering lily variant
waterlogged.thumb.jpg.f54648b014a50fbc41b409a1b0d3ccbe.jpg

Upcoming Updates
Beyond the aforementioned visual updates, the topic of 1.17 is "De-Jank". This means we'd like to improve some of the existing game mechanics and finish some of the currently incomplete ones. I don't want to go into specifics but I do can reveal some broad de-janks topics which we plan to work on, which are: Armor system, Immersive First Person Mode, Seraph Voices, Mouse/Keyboard controls, Prospecting, Meal cooking.

Once the game trailer and 1.17 is complete, we'd like to finally make major advances around the games lore in 1.18. This will include lots of new ruins and ruin contents.

We've also been working on a long term plan for a full story arch with different endings, all of them majorly affecting game play in a certain way, which is something I'm personally very excited about. I do hope we can add it all this decade still 😁

Till next time!

1.16.5-rc.1 Game updates

• Fixed: Should fix some fruit trees never fruiting
  • Fixed: Fruit trees harvestable multiple times
  • Fixed: Worldedit import tool "Replace all" mode did not replace air
  • Fixed: Game crashing when it cannot log to file
  • Fixed: Dressing/Undressing backpacks sometimes not showing the backpack visually on the player
  • Fixed: White storm dust particles that are not supposed to be there
  • Fixed: Oversized poults
  • Fixed: Breaking Ladder did not cascade break the entire stack
  • Fixed: Infinite liquid drinking dupe bug
  • Fixed: Able to add crust on baked pies
  • Fixed: Not able to place filled jugs and bowls
  • Fixed: Itemstack tooltip box some title text got linebreaked unecessarily
  • Fixed: Should fix a rare crash with beds. Might break other things.
  • Fixed: Should fix half generated trader carts
  • Fixed: Breaking damaged refractory brick dropped 3 to 5 bricks, the same amount required to replace them, on average
  • Fixed: Harvesting pomegranate trees dropped breadfruit
  • Fixed: Clicking on the crate in the handbook did not direct to the crate page
  • Api Fixed: Two bugs in OnBlockExploded()

View full record

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

2.4.2022 16:52:14 [Error] The dialog GuiDialogBlockEntityRecipeSelector requested focus, but was not added yet. Missing call to api.Gui.RegisterDialog()
2.4.2022 16:53:24 [Error] The dialog GuiDialogBlockEntityRecipeSelector requested focus, but was not added yet. Missing call to api.Gui.RegisterDialog()
2.4.2022 16:54:38 [Error] The dialog GuiDialogBlockEntityRecipeSelector requested focus, but was not added yet. Missing call to api.Gui.RegisterDialog()

Knappping/Forging/Clayforming has that dialog error.  1.16.5rc1 client-main.txt no mods.

One weirdness thing I have noticed since the update. I am panning and if I touch certain parts of the screen it closes out the game. No big changes just close chest accidentally closed game type of stuff.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• 2 weeks later...

-------------------------------

2022-04-08 13:33:35,"BETransient exiting at 544911, 115, 499607 cannot find block attributes for tallgrass-eaten-free. Will stop transient timer"

World gen still has has it generated new chunks in 1.16.4 or 1.16.5 rc1:

23.2.2022 21:08:37 [Notification] Tried to get block outside generating chunks! Set RuntimeEnv.DebugOutOfRangeBlockAccess to debug.

23.2.2022 21:08:41 [Notification] Tried to get block outside generating chunks! Set RuntimeEnv.DebugOutOfRangeBlockAccess to debug.

23.2.2022 21:08:41 [Notification] Tried to get block outside generating chunks! Set RuntimeEnv.DebugOutOfRangeBlockAccess to debug. problem is when i take a look at the debug it doesnt do an entry for it

As you explore…easy to test with a wregen and you’ll see those appear as the world gets generated in a new world.

Blocks reinforcements error still happened. 30 000! Errors and warnnings and failed conversion since 90 days to give you an idea…

Bouncy block items

https://github.com/anegostudios/VintageStory-Issues/issues/1844

----------------------------------------

Scythes UI (F tool menu all have memory leaks)

Entities phasing thru leaded glass panels blocks (see below)

https://github.com/anegostudios/VintageStory-Issues/issues/1846

/group info [groupname] doesn’t work

--------------

/group list [groupname] doesn’t work for members of grp

------------

.serverinfo doesn’t work

---------------

Cant adjust a claim with grow or shrink commands once it has been saved once.

------------------

Cant import schematics with multi-block/trees with attributes(crashes)

--------------------

Northern trees don’t update their state properly

----------------

Can harvest fruits from trees from the base trunk even tho there shouldn’t be fruits there (tested with olive trees)

-----------

Admin request:

• Possible to pull out with admin rights the id of unknown items (/debug printclr missing only says: x unknown

• Pull out which patches don’t meet requirements and weren’t applied

• Pull out all config / you can do in a world

• Show the information of the world you join as far as the settings are just like it’d on your SP world you created.

Add email notification via modb follow as options to get notified

Be mechanics error

Btw if you put required stand for axles and mech then remove it you can have it free standing...but then you get : 23.3.2022 20:29:35 [Error] Exception thrown in RequiresStand, will log exception but silently ignore it

23.3.2022 20:29:35 [Error] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Vintagestory.GameContent.Mechanics.BEBehaviorMPAxle.RequiresStand(BlockPos pos, Vec3i vector)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.Mechanics.BEBehaviorMPAxle.RequiresStand(BlockPos pos, Vec3i vector)

23.3.2022 20:29:35 [Error] Exception thrown in RequiresStand, will log exception but silently ignore it

23.3.2022 20:29:35 [Error] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Aledark said:
  • Possible to pull out with admin rights the id of unknown items (/debug printclr missing only says: x unknown

• Pull out which patches don’t meet requirements and weren’t applied

1. try `/bir list` or `/iir list`
2. that should already be printed to the server-debug.txt and client-debug.txt

14 hours ago, Aledark said:

Btw if you put required stand for axles and mech then remove it you can have it free standing...but then you get : 23.3.2022 20:29:35 [Error] Exception thrown in RequiresStand, will log exception but silently ignore it

Is there a way to reproduce this?

On 3/28/2022 at 11:55 PM, Tyron said:

Player and Creature frost overlay. Freezing players will look frosted and have a freezing animation.

I have played in both extreme cold and scorching hot settings and have my own impressions of each.

First, in the extremely cold setting, reeds and papyrus did not grow wild and I could not make Reed baskets.
I can get some reeds from storage containers from the ruins, so I can get by with this, but it was very tough, so I hope to be able to get not only reeds, but reed roots as well.
Other than that, I could not find oak trees even after moving 50,000 blocks south from the initial spawn point for tanning, and I had no choice but to add a mod in the middle of the road to solve the problem.
I had no warm clothing to combat the temperatures below minus 40 degrees Celsius, and shivering in the cold is a good memory now.

Next, in the scorching heat, there were no problems except for the fast rate of decomposition of food and meals, and it was even comfortable to the contrary, such as crops that grow all year round.
But this time, the lack of any disadvantages to temperatures above 35°C was only disconcerting.
I would have to add the important element in survival, which is to drink water first to cope with the heat.

The last thing I want to say is that I want you to deal not only with the cold, but also with the heat.😊

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.