Uuuhhhh.... Yikes?!

Maelstrom

• 1 month later...

Fortunately, that night wasn't apocalyptic level activity, but those three rifts sure made it seem like it was.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get bees going before winter, but as you can see I'll be ready to properly light my home once I harvest my apiary (currently a 6x6 grid of skeps).

Edited by Maelstrom

• 3 weeks later...

This is why I think we need a way to "spawn proof" an area around our base.

Because current methods "force" the builds to have similar architectural details, if you want to minimise drifter annoyances:

• Permanent lighting everywhere
  • Low ceiling heights to decrease mid-air spawn rates
  • Fences, doors, gates and ditches to minimise drifter movement

There should be something like a "Temporal Suppressor" that you can build, which negates spawns within an area.

Then you could build massive vaulted ceilings and open plan rooms, and have fields and gardens, without that constant annoyance, while still having a threat level if you leave your safe zone.

• Like 2

I think the devs are doing a fantastic job of incorporating Lovecraft into the game.  Lovecraft's horror has a scientific/technology base rather than a magic/occult base of most other horror.  Read The Shunned House to get an idea of what his kind of horror is like and see how well the devs are representing Lovecraft in the game.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 12:49 AM, Professor Dragon said:

This is why I think we need a way to "spawn proof" an area around our base.

Because current methods "force" the builds to have similar architectural details, if you want to minimise drifter annoyances:

• Permanent lighting everywhere
  • Low ceiling heights to decrease mid-air spawn rates
  • Fences, doors, gates and ditches to minimise drifter movement

There should be something like a "Temporal Suppressor" that you can build, which negates spawns within an area.

Then you could build massive vaulted ceilings and open plan rooms, and have fields and gardens, without that constant annoyance, while still having a threat level if you leave your safe zone.

Too many people are requesting temporal suppressors. This should be a feature, either that or a time stability device. 

On 8/16/2022 at 9:47 AM, Maelstrom said:

I think the devs are doing a fantastic job of incorporating Lovecraft into the game.  Lovecraft's horror has a scientific/technology base rather than a magic/occult base of most other horror.  Read The Shunned House to get an idea of what his kind of horror is like and see how well the devs are representing Lovecraft in the game.

They are. I would like to see some more ruin lore too, and more things with the ruins. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.