Wolf world

Butterbot

I realize I may have settled in a wolf chunk, but I feel like I spend half of my gameplay trying to control the wolf population. It looks like they spawn in larger groups consistently (~4 adults and ~3-7 pups), which I think makes sense and is good, but they seem to respawn way too quickly. Is this just me? Or is the wolf respawn rate crazy now?

I too have noticed a drastic increase in wolf spawns, seems like every night a new LARGE group of wolves spawns outside my home. It doesn't seem to matter what biome I'm in.

Also, the number of animals in general seems extremely high, I'm constantly surrounded by wild sheep, pigs, chickens, rabbits, and all other animals. There's been no reason for me to practice animal husbandry as I get new animals every night :P 

3 hours ago, Starlethe said:

Also, the number of animals in general seems extremely high, I'm constantly surrounded by wild sheep, pigs, chickens, rabbits, and all other animals. There's been no reason for me to practice animal husbandry as I get new animals every night

Are you using any mods? I've not seen an increase in my game... and a quick look at the files doesn't seem like they've been increased. Wolves have been increased slightly, and they do have a higher chance of respawning (so quicker respawns). Disclaimer: that is just how it looks to me from comparing 1.16 files to 1.17. I'm not knowledgeable about coding or how the game works.

eta: my game is a fresh start in 1.17.2 using the same seed I had before

Edited by dakko

4 hours ago, dakko said:

Are you using any mods? I've not seen an increase in my game... and a quick look at the files doesn't seem like they've been increased. Wolves have been increased slightly, and they do have a higher chance of respawning (so quicker respawns). Disclaimer: that is just how it looks to me from comparing 1.16 files to 1.17. I'm not knowledgeable about coding or how the game works.

eta: my game is a fresh start in 1.17.2 using the same seed I had before

Better ruins, prospector info, primitive survival, and xskills... none of which have stated any increase in mob spawning. I'm not very knowledgeable about coding either.

I did have one weird incident in one of my worlds where a small, inescapable, dead-end cave seemed to constantly respawn wolves. Or they're able to breed and I wasn't aware.

Regardless, there was a pit containing some 8-ish adult wolves and a swarm of pups, and no matter how many I killed whenever I went back a day later there'd be a small pack of them back in there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.