Next update eta?

TheNobleYeoman

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've played the game, and I'm wanting to get back into it, but I saw that the next major update is recommending restarting the world after it comes out. Is there a rough eta as to when that would be? I'm wanting to avoid starting a new world and getting invested, if I'll have to update soon after.

Looking at past updates, the time between the first preview build and the stable release of an update is somewhere between 1.5 and 3 months.

Right now, we've not had a first preview build posted yet.

Therefore, I'm personally not expecting a stable release before late March at the earliest, possibly April. That should help you decide whether you want to wait or not.

I'm guessing it's going to be quite a while yet. In announcing 1.17.10, @Tyron said,

Version 1.18 will still require quite some more work before we can release it, let alone become stable. In the meantime a few notable bugfixes have been accumulated that make another 1.17.x release worthwhile.

It's always possible this was just to get those fixes into play for further play-testing, but the impression I get from the announcement is that there was more to it than that.

[EDIT]

I'm guessing there must be some way to remove formatting?

[/EDIT]

Edited by Thorfinn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.