Safely Harvest Mushrooms?

PhotriusPyrelus
Go to solution Solved by dakko,

• Solution
2 hours ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

If that's true, that's a real bummer.  =- (

Why is it a bummer? The mushroom spore remains and it will regrow; there is just no stump left. eta: mushrooms were reworked in 1.16.

Edited by dakko

Digging it up is a problem, as is covering it up. Grass is not. If you use map, just set a marker. If not, use something to mark the area. An unlit torch, or a block of sand, or a block of dirt with some prominent flower that doesn't exist in that region or something.

Alternatively, SpearAndFang revived the Wild Farming mod, and with that, you can culture mushrooms at your home. ;) 

Edited by Thorfinn

Good to know grass won't overgrow it.  Maybe I'll look into that mod, though it's not that I mind foraging for mushrooms, I was just worried about ruining them.

I throw down map markers like they're candy.  They're free, why not.  But I don't try to mark every single block, just the general area.

Not that it really matters much in my specific case, as I try to leave the landscapes as untouched as possible outside my bases.  I was mostly just thinking about potential problems that the stumps solve.  Also, I kinda just *liked* the stumps; it was additional variation in ground clutter.

11 hours ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

What if I forget and cover up the block it was on?  What if grass spreads onto the block?  What if I dig up the block?

Ah. I see what you mean. I kinda liked the stumps too, and also like to leave the landscape as untouched as possible outside of my base. Even peat and clay get dug from underneath with the top layer untouched. I've not yet encountered a situation (in my own game) where I was digging around in a mushroom area so hadn't really thought about it much.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.