Random Temporal Distortion

Sabrium48

Ruling out Temporal Storms(turned off) and Temporal Rifts(You must be right next to one for it to affect you).

What causes the Meter to spin back and drop when I am mining a path down at the Mantle?

I am calling it Temporal Radiation, but what is the Source of this?

Not sure what you are asking. The deeper in the earth you are, the lower the temporal stability. That is, most places, you don't have to dig very far to have the gear start spinning backwards, and at the mantle, it's really booking it. You can't spend much time there at all.

Are you asking the mechanism or the lore or what?

So get this, when I am down at the Mantle hanging out in the Stope I created, my Gear wobbles back and forth moving 2 steps backward and one step forward, but when I walk down the hall at exactly the same place every time my Gear begins moving quickly backward.

If I go back to my Stope, my Gear moves forward until I recover the lost Stability.

This happens in different places in the halls I created along the Mantle as well. 

See why I am scratching my Head?

If you want, I will make a Video of it, post it on Rumble and I'll share the Link.

Something is up with this and I'm going to get to the Bottom of it.

(Pun intended)

Edited by Sabrium48

Sounds like perfectly normal behavior to me?

Temporal stability changes from one place to another. On average, it tends to be more stable the higher you go in the world, and more unstable the lower you go. Down at the mantle is the least stable on average. However, even then, there may be islands of instability at high places, and islands of stability down at the mantle.

If you have set up in such an island of stability, and then move out of it - yeah, that would cause your gear to start dropping rapidly.

A much better question would be... why are you mining a path down at the mantle in the first place? :P

That makes sense.

As for why I am making pathways at the Mantle, it is the most direst Route without swimming, climbing, or falling in a deep Cavern. 

I thought that eventually I would find Lava, but I have gone over 1000 Blocks in one Direction and I have only found Quartz, and Medium Copper.

I also want to note that everything is set to passive.

Yes, I'm using training wheels for my first World.

In the next, I am going to try Standard.

Edited by Sabrium48

Oh cool!

Is there any use for Lava like in that other Block Game?

Learning Cliff, I like that.

I am still trying to figure out what to do with the 2 pieces of partially worked Tin Bronze that I accidentally split one too many Blocks.

I really don't want to waste another Ingot just for one Block.

As it is, I think you should get 2 knives from hammering one Ingot on the Anvil.

The amount of Blocks you have to Knap to get one is mind blowing.

Edited by Sabrium48
Grammar

Lava cannot be moved and does create obsidian like other games.  BUT obsidian is used for knapping highest level stone tools (which you don't care about anymore) and the single raw block for building/decoration.  It does not have a block palette like the other stone types.  I have also seen someone go so far as to build an obsidian block generator.

The question becomes: is it worth it to find a suitable lava source to turn into an obsidian generator for such limited use of obsidian.  Even more so when obsidian is abundant in basalt rock layers.

[edit] The most I can really think of to do with it is create a mockery of a portal from the other game in my world. The question is do I cut the corners or not? 🤣

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Like 1

@Sabrium48 re: smithing, check out Anvil Metal Recovery. It's a very popular mod. I don't remember whether you forge 2 blades at once or you forge one and get back "bits" that are similar to the base metal bits you can pick up. Same with all the rest of the items. You get back the half-dozen "bits" you split off when forging a shovel.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.