Corrupted Save

szythe

Have 40 hours into a save and now I get this message every time when trying to load in -

'Whoops, a client game thread crashed, please check the client-main.txt for more information.'

Any way to recover / fix the save?

from client-main.txt -

29.9.2019 18:23:54 [Fatal] Caught unhandled exception in thread 'tesselateterrain'. Exiting game.
29.9.2019 18:23:54 [Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at _kaH6ItzMXB6wTvKsWSUSppPag3s._J7DDcDrtFjC1ci4BuODSQjObAXJ(BlockPos )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.JsonTesselator.Tesselate(TCTCache vars)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ChunkTesselator.BuildBlockPolygons(Int32 chunkX, Int32 chunkY, Int32 chunkZ)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ChunkTesselator.MakeChunk(Int32 chunkX, Int32 chunkY, Int32 chunkZ, IChunkBlocks chunkBlocks, Int32[] chunkBlocksExt, UInt16[] lightExt, Byte[] lightSatExt, IntRef retCount)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ChunkTesselatorManager.TesselateChunk(Int32 chunkX, Int32 chunkY, Int32 chunkZ, Boolean priority)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ChunkTesselatorManager.OnSeperateThreadGameTick(Single dt)
   at _vEfkIn2cXyxFzzwXjGYD03apjVcA._WhVVruHzFM3ArMA00Uw9zQRG7Ln()
   at _vEfkIn2cXyxFzzwXjGYD03apjVcA._euyyWS8wfIVUG7RYLEu1MmRpVuC()

crash.png

client-main.txt

I have mods installed but disabled them all for this world - both for creation and playing it - only Essentials / Creative / Survival 'mods' are enabled.

What's odd though is I see calls in the log referencing missing mods. Are mods still being loaded into savegames even when not enabled? The 

client-main.txt

30.9.2019 16:44:05 [Error] [Armour_Release_V0.1.6.zip] File 'ArmourMod.dll' is not in the mod's root folder. Won't load this mod.
30.9.2019 16:44:05 [Error] [CarryCapacity-0.4.1.zip] File 'CarryCapacity.dll' is not in the mod's root folder. Won't load this mod.
30.9.2019 16:44:16 [Error] [VS-1.9.6-TheNeolithicMod-1.7.2.zip] File 'Neolithic.dll' is not in the mod's root folder. Won't load this mod.

Okay so I realized that there is also a  'mods' folder inside 'VintageStory', not just 'VintageStoryData' that mods are being pulled from. Somehow I had those 3 mods in there. These mods are not shown on the in-game mod selection screen so never appeared enabled, and these mods were not active in this world, ie none of the blocks/recipes. Is this a potential cause?

I tried moving the VintageStoryData folder, removed mods from VintageStory folder, uninstalling, and doing a fresh install of 1.10.15. I copied over the savegame and playerdata folders

Loaded in and... same client game thread crash.

edit: client-main.txt attached (after complete reinstall)

client-main.txt

Edited by szythe

• 3 years later...
5 hours ago, arturbdeco said:

Hi,
Same problem here after the update of the game I made this morning.
Could you help me please ?
Thanks, 
Arthur

Arthur, this area of the forum has been archived so your post could be easily missed by the people that can help you. I think Vintarian Support is the one you need: Vintarian Support

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.