XLib and XSkills

Xandu

9 hours ago, Apostasia said:

The Rancher skill increases the amount of milk you get by 33% but buckets can only hold 10 liters, the default amount you get from milking. Do you have to use something else besides a bucket to get the other 3.33... liters?

Yeah you need a stack of two buckets to get the other 33%. I want to improve this so that you just need another bucket in your hotbar or inventory.

3 hours ago, Snowman said:

Just picked up Gourmet and my food has a quality when it finishes cooking but loses it if placed in any crock or bowl. This makes it so I can only get a buff from cooking meat on a campfire. 😢

How did you put the food from the cooking pot in the bowl or crock? Internally there are something like 20 different ways to put food from pots into a container. So i may missed something there.

2 hours ago, EreticKB said:

Btw, how can i change amount of expirience for every level? I rarely play very long runs and 3-4 lvl is my cap with default amounts.

The first post in this forum thread has a configuration section. You can find there how to configure experience.

3 hours ago, Brent Strickland said:

I decided to try out teh Desalinate skill adn the cooking pot registered ti as a valid recipie, but when i added fuel the temperature of the water stayed cold and the porgress bar didn't move. is that normal or a bug?

This is usually the case when you don't have enough water in every item slot.

57 minutes ago, Brent Strickland said:

Well i've gotten salt in the pot, but now i can't figure out how to get it out of the pot or bowl to use

Placing and right clicking on it should work. I probably should add a tooltip for that.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:05 AM, Xandu said:

How did you put the food from the cooking pot in the bowl or crock? Internally there are something like 20 different ways to put food from pots into a container. So i may missed something there.

I think straight from the cooking pot in the fire-pit via a right click. I'll try different methods and see if I can get it working.

Edited by Snowman

2 hours ago, Chance Nettleton said:

My buddy and i have a world going on 1.15.1 and we crashed when we looked at the oven. Upon reading up on here I downloaded 1.15.3 as well as the patch for the mod and everything was fine, fast forward a couple of hours and we now crash when we try to interact with the oven. Any suggestions?

Do you have a crash report?

Edited by Xandu

So after playing some more today, using a crock/bowl from the firepit directly results in a plain meal with no rarity. If I first remove the cooking pot from the pit and place it down, and then use a crock/bowl the meal maintains its rarity. Another quirk is that whole pies and slices weren't displaying a rarity when held, but were when placed, and did gave the appropriate buff when eaten.

On 8/8/2021 at 9:40 PM, Snowman said:

So after playing some more today, using a crock/bowl from the firepit directly results in a plain meal with no rarity. If I first remove the cooking pot from the pit and place it down, and then use a crock/bowl the meal maintains its rarity. Another quirk is that whole pies and slices weren't displaying a rarity when held, but were when placed, and did gave the appropriate buff when eaten.

Ok. I wasn't aware that you can directly take meals out of the fire pit.

2 hours ago, Vika Catova said:

Version (1.15.4 stable) broken xskills or xlib, all my levels is zero but in config file i have levels
image.png.33075752778ae9b95a6259c5ee186d51.pngimage.png.3e55a6317b0b2fc9223ca57e54ccadd5.png

I know. Something broke again with update 1.15.4.

-BUGGED- Cooking Skill Point Add
Xandu, love your mod but I have run into a problem with you mod on a server that I play on. Played on 1.15.3 game and lastest mod version.

I noticed or rather ran into a issue when cooking with your mod. If you apply any points into the cooking skills at all while you have an item cooking in the background then it will cause a a bug where you are no longer able to cook anything more it just shows the fuel burning and no green arrow or temp going up on the food.

Thing's I've tried to fix it:

• Reloging
  • Changing cooking pots
  • Changing cooking spots (with diffrent pots)
  • Using diffrent fuel

Now two of us on the server we play on are unable to cook anything due to this bug so I believe it's replicatable or at least has happened when we both put points into the cooking skill while cooking something.

NOTE: I went onto a single player world and tried to creative test this theory out but giving myself levels to then spend on a cooking skill didn't seem to work. As in I got the levels and put them into canteen cook but I could not put more than 6 pieces of food in each slot. So maybe there is somthing strange going on with the cooking skill?

Thanks for reading, hope this can be fixed soon.

Bug Report Picture XSkills.jpg

• Sad 2

Hey Xandu, we have problems with the xskill Mod. We get this error. The Mod will no load our Skill-file lokadet in data/Saves/XLeveling/

All Skills at default 0

Our players have no more skills. What could be the reason that he does not use the file? I can send it to you once by PN.

Thank you

07:15:39 [Server Error] Mod exception: OnPlayerNowPlayingSystem.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'Vintagestory.Common.PlayerInventoryManager.Inventories'.
   at XSkills.Survival.OnStrongBack(PlayerAbility playerAbility, Int32 oldTier)
   at XLib.XLeveling.Ability.OnTierChanged(PlayerAbility playerAbility, Int32 oldTier)
   at XLib.XLeveling.PlayerAbility.set_Tier(Int32 value)
   at XLib.XLeveling.PlayerSkill.FromSavedSkill(SavedPlayerSkill saved)
   at XLib.XLeveling.XLevelingServer.LoadPlayerSkillSet(IServerPlayer byPlayer)
   at XLib.XLeveling.XLevelingServer.OnPlayerJoin(IServerPlayer byPlayer)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.PlayerDelegate.Invoke(IServerPlayer byPlayer)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerEventManager.TriggerPlayerNowPlaying(IServerPlayer player)
07:15:39 [Server Error] Exception: System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'Vintagestory.Common.PlayerInventoryManager.Inventories'.
   at XLib.XLeveling.Ability.OnTierChanged(PlayerAbility playerAbility, Int32 oldTier)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerEventManager.TriggerPlayerNowPlaying(IServerPlayer player)

Edit: I see, the problem is currently known. Sorry for Post.

Edited by Julius van Vern

3 hours ago, Julius van Vern said:

Hey Xandu, we have problems with the xskill Mod. We get this error. The Mod will no load our Skill-file lokadet in data/Saves/XLeveling/

All Skills at default 0

Our players have no more skills. What could be the reason that he does not use the file? I can send it to you once by PN.

Thank you

07:15:39 [Server Error] Mod exception: OnPlayerNowPlayingSystem.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'Vintagestory.Common.PlayerInventoryManager.Inventories'.
07:15:39 [Server Error] Exception: System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'Vintagestory.Common.PlayerInventoryManager.Inventories'.

Edit: I see, the problem is currently known. Sorry for Post.

Yes. This is a MissingFieldException. It's basically the same one which crashed the game when you had a oven in 1.15.3. It's  caused by an api change in 1.15.4 in the base game.

The Exception occurs while the mod is loading the skills and therefore stops loading at this point.

Edited by Xandu
  • Mind=blown 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.