XLib and XSkills

Xandu

On 6/12/2023 at 6:09 PM, Ari said:

I understand, and I can imagine it's very complicated to account for everything! But I do think as it stands right now, Xskills really discourages baking with the oven. Even if you're not using Expanded Foods at all, baking 4 loaves of bread in the oven takes a lot more time and effort than cooking porridge or stew in a pot, and it gives almost no XP. So it would be great if XP from baking anything in the oven got a bit of a boost. I could just make a bunch of pots of stew and porridge and level up really fast, but if I want to bake I make almost no progress. Clearly with the expanded foods stuff it's taken to an extreme, but even vanilla baking gives almost no reward compared to the time and effort required to light the oven, wait for the fire to go out, put the dough in, and watch it until it finishes so it doesn't burn. Thanks so much for considering the feedback! I'm having a lot of fun with the mod. 🙌

So I made some changes to how the cooking works. It should now work better with expanded foods in general and you should get much more experience for backing. This took a lot of time therefore I hope it is all fine now.

And while I was working with the cooking stuff I also added compatibility with the stone bake oven mod on the occasion. And I have added a little feature I wanted to test. 😆

Edited by Xandu
  • Cookie time 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Xandu said:

So I made some changes to how the cooking works. It should now work better with expanded foods in general and you should get much more experience for backing. This took a lot of time therefore I hope it is all fine now.

And while I was working with the cooking stuff I also added compatibility with the stone bake oven mod on the occasion. And I have added a little feature I wanted to test. 😆

Oh my gosh, you're a legend, thanks so much! I will definitely be testing it out plenty! :D

Hello, i was trying to activate perk "Vampire", i already have Combat 7lvl, Warrior and Longlife lvl 2 perks, but Vampire still can't be activated
What i am doing wrong? 

P.S. photosynthesis i haven't touched at all

As much as I love this mod, especially for a server with 10+ people, I've been running into a massive problem. Ever since we installed this mod on the server, the spoilage rate calculations seem break really badly whenever a crock or other container full of food is picked up. It's making stockpiling food for winter much more difficult. A sealed, cellar-stored crock with 240+ days shelf life (stored about a month before that, 30 day months) will nearly halfway spoil the moment it's picked up as if it's fast-forwarding, rather than keeping the existing duration and speeding up. Did some testing without the mod, and it doesn't happen either vanilla or with the full suite of other mods we have. This also happens to pies, bread, or really anything stored in ground storage or on shelves that can spoil.

A crock on the shelf will go from the first pic to the second just by picking it up off the shelf and placing it on the table. Does this have anything to do with how the Salty Backpack and Preserver skills change the spoilage rates in player inventories? I do not currently have either skill. As far as I can tell there's no logs or errors being spit out anywhere either, so it's difficult to say exactly what's happening. 

Beyond that, five stars, will not run a server without it ever again. Indispensable in keeping double digit players happily fed.

2023-06-26_11-37-17.png

2023-06-26_11-38-54.png

37 minutes ago, Whiskey Sunshine said:

As much as I love this mod, especially for a server with 10+ people, I've been running into a massive problem. Ever since we installed this mod on the server, the spoilage rate calculations seem break really badly whenever a crock or other container full of food is picked up. It's making stockpiling food for winter much more difficult. A sealed, cellar-stored crock with 240+ days shelf life (stored about a month before that, 30 day months) will nearly halfway spoil the moment it's picked up as if it's fast-forwarding, rather than keeping the existing duration and speeding up. Did some testing without the mod, and it doesn't happen either vanilla or with the full suite of other mods we have. This also happens to pies, bread, or really anything stored in ground storage or on shelves that can spoil.

A crock on the shelf will go from the first pic to the second just by picking it up off the shelf and placing it on the table. Does this have anything to do with how the Salty Backpack and Preserver skills change the spoilage rates in player inventories? I do not currently have either skill. As far as I can tell there's no logs or errors being spit out anywhere either, so it's difficult to say exactly what's happening. 

Beyond that, five stars, will not run a server without it ever again. Indispensable in keeping double digit players happily fed.

2023-06-26_11-37-17.png

2023-06-26_11-38-54.png

Which version of the game do you use? Because this is a base game issue in the 1.18.5 version. Updating to the 1.18.6-rc.2 version might fix the problem. 

4 minutes ago, Xandu said:

Which version of the game do you use? Because this is a base game issue in the 1.18.5 version. Updating to the 1.18.6-rc.2 version might fix the problem. 

Good to know, it's been on 1.18.5. I'll bump it forward and see what happens.

Winner says... immediately fixed. Thanks for the rapid reply and the solution!

Crash when shift clicking meat into a cooking pot

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.18.5 (Stable)
6/27/2023 15:35:09: Critical error occurred in the following mod: xskills@0.7.4
Loaded Mods: armordurabilityiix@1.0.2, aculinaryartillery@1.0.12, backpackpackplus@1.0.3, betterbackpacks@1.0.0, betterruins@0.2.1, cavecontent@1.0.1, extrachests@1.7.0, FarmSurvival@1.3.0, fastermetal@1.0.0, foundrymod@1.0.0, fulldrop@1.0.0, weaponpackg@1.0.1, reducedarmornegatives@1.0.4, meteoricexpansion@1.2.4, millwright@1.0.2, moreclasses@1.2.5, moremolds@1.4.12, NoMoreDrifterThrowing@1.0.0, optimizedleathertwo@2.0.0, optimizedpreservation@1.0.0, OresAPlenty@3.1.0, dzsalvageplus@1.0.1, sortablestorage@1.8.0, tprunes@1.0.8, game@1.18.5, weaponpackalphaunoff@1.4.0, wildcraft@1.6.6, animalcages@2.1.5, cooperativecombat@1.1.0, expandedfoods@1.6.6, fishing@1.1.3, hudclock@3.2.0, sailboat@1.1.0, lavoisier@1.2.8, petai@1.7.9, claywheel@1.1.0, stonebakeoven@1.0.3, th3dungeon@0.1.2, usefulstuff17@1.1.6, creative@1.18.5, vsquest@0.4.1, survival@1.18.5, waypointtogether@1.0.1, woodbarrels@1.0.4, woodfortifications@0.0.3, xlib@0.7.4, knapster@2.4.2, chemistrylib@1.1.4, tradercamps@1.0.5, feverstonewilds@1.2.0, vsquestexample@0.3.0, wolftaming@1.7.3, xskills@0.7.4, kosfire@1.1.3, kosphotography@1.2.2
Involved Harmony IDs: XSkillsPatch
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XSkills.ItemSlotCooking.get_MaxSlotStackSize()
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot.GetRemainingSlotSpace(ItemStack forItemstack) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\ItemSlot.cs:line 86
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot.CanTakeFrom(ItemSlot sourceSlot, EnumMergePriority priority) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\ItemSlot.cs:line 104
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.GetBestSuitedSlot(ItemSlot sourceSlot, List`1 skipSlots) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryBase.cs:line 343
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.InventorySmelting.GetBestSuitedSlot_Patch1(InventorySmelting this, ItemSlot sourceSlot, List`1 skipSlots)
   at Vintagestory.Common.PlayerInventoryManager.GetBestSuitedSlot(ItemSlot sourceSlot, Boolean onlyPlayerInventory, List`1 skipSlots) in VintagestoryLib\Common\GameContent\Inventory\PlayerInventoryManager.cs:line 184
   at Vintagestory.Common.PlayerInventoryManager.TryTransferAway(ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op, Boolean onlyPlayerInventory, StringBuilder shiftClickDebugText, Boolean slotNotifyEffect) in VintagestoryLib\Common\GameContent\Inventory\PlayerInventoryManager.cs:line 233
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.ActivateSlot(Int32 slotId, ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryBase.cs:line 440
   at XSkills.XSkillInventoryBackpack.ActivateSlot(Int32 slotId, ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.SlotClick(ICoreClientAPI api, Int32 slotId, EnumMouseButton mouseButton, Boolean shiftPressed, Boolean ctrlPressed, Boolean altPressed) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 975
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.OnMouseDownOnElement(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 773
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElement.OnMouseDown(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent mouse) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\GuiElement.cs:line 645
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent mouseArgs) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\GuiComposer.cs:line 460
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiDialogInventory.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\Dialogs\GuiDialogInventory.cs:line 551
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\GuiManager.cs:line 394
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 1834
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.Mouse_ButtonDown(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\Input.cs:line 219
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 792
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 1554
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 368
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 6/23/2023 09:23:51, Site = , Source = Application Hang, Message = The program Vintagestory.exe version 1.18.5.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 2d74

Start Time: 01d9a5d435911817

Termination Time: 3

Application Path: E:\Games\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe

Report Id: 983af830-30d1-4be6-a8f6-bfa8067d51f9

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Hang type: Unknown
 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 6/23/2023 09:11:22, Site = , Source = Application Hang, Message = The program Vintagestory.exe version 1.18.5.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 1d5c

Start Time: 01d9a5d34872d853

Termination Time: 4

Report Id: 7f4ecb62-28de-434a-97be-30fbbe4aa054

}

On 6/27/2023 at 9:38 PM, Gunderwar said:

Crash when shift clicking meat into a cooking pot

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.18.5 (Stable)
6/27/2023 15:35:09: Critical error occurred in the following mod: xskills@0.7.4
Loaded Mods: armordurabilityiix@1.0.2, aculinaryartillery@1.0.12, backpackpackplus@1.0.3, betterbackpacks@1.0.0, betterruins@0.2.1, cavecontent@1.0.1, extrachests@1.7.0, FarmSurvival@1.3.0, fastermetal@1.0.0, foundrymod@1.0.0, fulldrop@1.0.0, weaponpackg@1.0.1, reducedarmornegatives@1.0.4, meteoricexpansion@1.2.4, millwright@1.0.2, moreclasses@1.2.5, moremolds@1.4.12, NoMoreDrifterThrowing@1.0.0, optimizedleathertwo@2.0.0, optimizedpreservation@1.0.0, OresAPlenty@3.1.0, dzsalvageplus@1.0.1, sortablestorage@1.8.0, tprunes@1.0.8, game@1.18.5, weaponpackalphaunoff@1.4.0, wildcraft@1.6.6, animalcages@2.1.5, cooperativecombat@1.1.0, expandedfoods@1.6.6, fishing@1.1.3, hudclock@3.2.0, sailboat@1.1.0, lavoisier@1.2.8, petai@1.7.9, claywheel@1.1.0, stonebakeoven@1.0.3, th3dungeon@0.1.2, usefulstuff17@1.1.6, creative@1.18.5, vsquest@0.4.1, survival@1.18.5, waypointtogether@1.0.1, woodbarrels@1.0.4, woodfortifications@0.0.3, xlib@0.7.4, knapster@2.4.2, chemistrylib@1.1.4, tradercamps@1.0.5, feverstonewilds@1.2.0, vsquestexample@0.3.0, wolftaming@1.7.3, xskills@0.7.4, kosfire@1.1.3, kosphotography@1.2.2
Involved Harmony IDs: XSkillsPatch
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XSkills.ItemSlotCooking.get_MaxSlotStackSize()
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot.GetRemainingSlotSpace(ItemStack forItemstack) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\ItemSlot.cs:line 86
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot.CanTakeFrom(ItemSlot sourceSlot, EnumMergePriority priority) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\ItemSlot.cs:line 104
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.GetBestSuitedSlot(ItemSlot sourceSlot, List`1 skipSlots) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryBase.cs:line 343
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.InventorySmelting.GetBestSuitedSlot_Patch1(InventorySmelting this, ItemSlot sourceSlot, List`1 skipSlots)
   at Vintagestory.Common.PlayerInventoryManager.GetBestSuitedSlot(ItemSlot sourceSlot, Boolean onlyPlayerInventory, List`1 skipSlots) in VintagestoryLib\Common\GameContent\Inventory\PlayerInventoryManager.cs:line 184
   at Vintagestory.Common.PlayerInventoryManager.TryTransferAway(ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op, Boolean onlyPlayerInventory, StringBuilder shiftClickDebugText, Boolean slotNotifyEffect) in VintagestoryLib\Common\GameContent\Inventory\PlayerInventoryManager.cs:line 233
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.ActivateSlot(Int32 slotId, ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryBase.cs:line 440
   at XSkills.XSkillInventoryBackpack.ActivateSlot(Int32 slotId, ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.SlotClick(ICoreClientAPI api, Int32 slotId, EnumMouseButton mouseButton, Boolean shiftPressed, Boolean ctrlPressed, Boolean altPressed) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 975
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.OnMouseDownOnElement(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 773
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElement.OnMouseDown(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent mouse) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\GuiElement.cs:line 645
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent mouseArgs) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\GuiComposer.cs:line 460
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiDialogInventory.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\Dialogs\GuiDialogInventory.cs:line 551
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\GuiManager.cs:line 394
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 1834
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.Mouse_ButtonDown(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\Input.cs:line 219
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 792
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 1554
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 368
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 6/23/2023 09:23:51, Site = , Source = Application Hang, Message = The program Vintagestory.exe version 1.18.5.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 2d74

Start Time: 01d9a5d435911817

Termination Time: 3

Report Id: 983af830-30d1-4be6-a8f6-bfa8067d51f9

}
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 6/23/2023 09:11:22, Site = , Source = Application Hang, Message = The program Vintagestory.exe version 1.18.5.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 1d5c

Start Time: 01d9a5d34872d853

Termination Time: 4

Report Id: 7f4ecb62-28de-434a-97be-30fbbe4aa054

}

Does this happen every time or just occasionally? I have seen this reported a few times but never got a crash report and I never experienced this crash myself. So thank you for this one. It helps to track down the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to implement experience gain from harvesting carcasses and breaking the bones after the harvest, but for some reason my characters don't gain experience. After a lot of troubleshooting and looking at the example for creating a skill, does the mod have the potential to process a gain for this action? Thank you.

2 hours ago, Exletalis08 said:

I tried to implement experience gain from harvesting carcasses and breaking the bones after the harvest, but for some reason my characters don't gain experience. After a lot of troubleshooting and looking at the example for creating a skill, does the mod have the potential to process a gain for this action? Thank you.

What have you done so far?

2 hours ago, Digitalr said:

Another suggestion for survival branch:

Improved water vidion skill (" Fisheye"?)

For less foggy an more brighter underwater.

I think I have to mess around with shading and rendering stuff for this to work. I don't have much experience in this area. And I don't know whether this code is accessible at all. But I wanted to look at the stuff nevertheless. So something like this could come in the future.

In the Husbandry.json in the patches directory I updated this area:
[
  {
    "file": "game:blocktypes/bone/carcass",
    "op": "add",
    "path": "/behaviors/-",
    "value": {
      "name": "XSkillsCarcass",
      "properties": {
        "xp": 0.25
      }
    }
  },
  {
    "file": "game:blocktypes/bone/bonyremains",
      }
    }
  },

21 minutes ago, Exletalis08 said:

In the Husbandry.json in the patches directory I updated this area:
[
  {
    "file": "game:blocktypes/bone/carcass",
      }
    }
  },
  {
    "file": "game:blocktypes/bone/bonyremains",
      }
    }
  },

Yeah. This does not work. There is no code in the XSkillsCarcass behavior to add experience. So the xp property is just ignored. You would need to write c# code to change this. Why do you want the carcasses to give experience? Isn't it easier to just increase the experience you receive from killing animals?

RP-wise I look at it in the same way the mod was described, as you do actions, you get better at doing that action. In the husbandry skill you can gain bonuses to meat, leather, and bone from harvesting. If you find a dead creature in the wild, you spend time and durability harvesting the carcass, yet gain no experience from it. 

On 7/15/2023 at 7:20 PM, Exletalis08 said:

Would it be possible to send me the code so I can modify it to add handling exp from harvesting carcasses?

I will add this feature to the next update. But I will set the base value to 0. It allows you to set a value you want.

• Thanks 2

Another two suggestions for skills:

Survival branch - "hardy". Increased cold tolerance. May be need, on lvl2/3, as pre-requisite some skills (specialisations?) from other branches.

Farming branch - "Apiarist (?)" - bees not aggressive towards player. Harvested skep, (without breaking), instant become populated.

Upd: and one more, a bit weird, suggestion for survival(?): You have small chance, to find alive baby-animal, when harvesting corpse of female animal. Not only pigs/goats/rabbits, but predators also

Edited by Digitalr

1 hour ago, Digitalr said:

Another two suggestions for skills:

Survival branch - "hardy". Increased cold tolerance. May be need, on lvl2/3, as pre-requisite some skills (specialisations?) from other branches.

Farming branch - "Apiarist (?)" - bees not aggressive towards player. Harvested skep, (without breaking), instant become populated.

Upd: and one more, a bit weird, suggestion for survival(?): You have small chance, to find alive baby-animal, when harvesting corpse of female animal. Not only pigs/goats/rabbits, but predators also

I have something like this on my todo list for a long time and don't know why I haven't implemented it yet. Probably because I hadn't had a name for such an ability until now. 😅

Isn't this the "beemaster" ability that already exists?

I write the idea on my list. But don't know whether I will implement it.

15 hours ago, Conquest of Blocks said:

The file that holds the players skills got corrupted - the skills are all gone, the file is empty. I noticed that when i do /autosave, i am getting the following error in the console:

error.thumb.png.c0a0a1e59a3fe3b407906b7b96a93e5a.png

Thank you for your report. Are there any other issues in the log files before the one you posted? To cause the issue you posted there must be an error somewhere previously to put the mod in such a state. There is explicit code to prohibit a player of a SkillSet to be a null reference. But somehow it seems to have become null. Additionally one player seems to be online and offline at the same time at least in the mods perspective? This seems to cause issues when the mod creates the save file. I have add a check to this for the next update to prohibit a total crash of the whole save process. But I don't know how it ended up in such a state in the first place.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.