XLib and XSkills

Xandu

28 minutes ago, Xandu said:

Hi. Thank you for your update. I found the issue. It is a problem when the server sends the inventory to the client and the inventory has a flexible size.

Awesome! :D

Do you think that it will be able to become multiplayer friendly?

5 hours ago, Fluffems said:

Also had the same issue with the second hotbar causing a crash but I am playing in single player world  1.14  I tried doing what doing what Xandu suggested by modifying the save file by changing the tier to 0 did not work but just outright deleting the section completely worked for me. I guess Ill just stay away from the "Strongback"  skill for now.

I'm on single player 1.14 as well and am also not able to load into the game.

Changing the tier to 0 didn't work for me either, and neither did deleting the Strongback under the Skills heading in the json file - do I need to delete the whole bit from "survival" on down to the next one?

@GodogmaAnother thing you can try is what my friend did he deleted all the text in the Json file and left it blank. Then he started the game up with two mods off saved and exited and turned them back on. The game loaded up with them back on then and from there he used the commands to get back what he had lost. It took him a bit longer but he said his stuff is running fine now.

13 minutes ago, Fluffems said:

@GodogmaAnother thing you can try is what my friend did he deleted all the text in the Json file and left it blank. Then he started the game up with two mods off saved and exited and turned them back on. The game loaded up with them back on then and from there he used the commands to get back what he had lost. It took him a bit longer but he said his stuff is running fine now.

Yeah, I deleted everything the mod added to the folder when I couldn't get it to work and redownloaded and reinstalled. Now I'm going through the process of adding experience back to the skills.

Alright, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to get the commands to work for boosting my experience and levels and such back to what they were at before I bought the Strongback perk.

EDIT - Took a break, got less frustrated and got the commands to work.

Edited by Godogma
Figured it out.

Hi everyone,

I am sorry for this nasty strong back crash. I thought i tested everything. Apparently i was wrong. This is the reason why the version is marked as a pre release and not a full version. But here is the fix along with some other changes i made in the past days.I hope everything works fine now or at least don't crash the game.

API:
    -reworked parts of the effects library
    -effects can now be defined with json files
    -effects should now work better
    -added a new stat effect that can be used to manipulate every player stat
    -removed old obsolete effect types
    -effects are now loaded after the player loads into a world, so short ones don't run out immediately
    -improved performance of the effect hud
    -added tooltips for effects(WIP)
    -effects are now automatically translated if a it can find a translation
    -the xleveling commands now also accept localized names instead of only internal names(thought i already did this months ago)

Balance:
    -buffed the default values for adrenaline rush

Bugfixes:
    -fixed an issue with bloodlust not stacking properly
    -fixed a crash caused by the strong back ability
    -fixed adrenaline rush triggering when you die
    -fixed: Effects were not reset on the client side when the player dies

• Like 1

Game v1.14.2, mod v0.4.0-Pre5
Looks like skills that reduce chance of durability loss (like Careful Miner) makes tools unbreakable. Have 2 lvl Mining and 1 lvl Careful Miner, so it should be 7% chance to not lose durability when break a block. Copper pickaxe (73/300) after breaking about 100 blocks still have 73 durability.

1 hour ago, dedok13x said:

Game v1.14.2, mod v0.4.0-Pre5
Looks like skills that reduce chance of durability loss (like Careful Miner) makes tools unbreakable. Have 2 lvl Mining and 1 lvl Careful Miner, so it should be 7% chance to not lose durability when break a block. Copper pickaxe (73/300) after breaking about 100 blocks still have 73 durability.

Thank you for your report. You are right. I missed one character there. Will be fixed with the next update.

I tried using the search function but didn't yield any results.

How do you actually configure things like the experience rates for different skills? I've been cooking pretty much non-stop on our group's server (making meals for everyone) and barely scratched enough experience to gain even a single level in cooking, so I had intended to try to tweak some of the rates of experience gain for some of the skill categories.

However, there doesn't appear to be any files explaining what the different values are.

Based on the names of the values, these seem to be what I'm looking for:
"expBase": 40.0,
  "expMult": 10.0,
  "expValue": 0.8,

The problem is, I don't understand what these are actually influecing. "expBase" sounds like it would be related to base experience value for an action. "expMult" sounds like it would be a multiplier for the base experience per action, but "expValue" seems like it would be setting an additional % based multiplier to some number. These numbers are the default values taken from the cooking skill file.

Edited by Ashiel

12 hours ago, Ashiel said:

I tried using the search function but didn't yield any results.

How do you actually configure things like the experience rates for different skills? I've been cooking pretty much non-stop on our group's server (making meals for everyone) and barely scratched enough experience to gain even a single level in cooking, so I had intended to try to tweak some of the rates of experience gain for some of the skill categories.

However, there doesn't appear to be any files explaining what the different values are.

Based on the names of the values, these seem to be what I'm looking for:

The problem is, I don't understand what these are actually influecing. "expBase" sounds like it would be related to base experience value for an action. "expMult" sounds like it would be a multiplier for the base experience per action, but "expValue" seems like it would be setting an additional % based multiplier to some number. These numbers are the default values taken from the cooking skill file.

I've tweaked those values in previous updates, and I didn't notice any substantial change in the levelling speed. However inside the mod in the xskills/patches subfolder I noticed that every skill file has values for the experience of every action linked to the skill. increasing the values increase the speed in a linear way. The problem is that there is no pottery/cooking/survival/blacksmithing file in that subfolder.

I got access to the Survival/strong back skill, where am I supposed to go to find the additional inventory?

Edited by Stefano Da Giau

Hey,
i added a configuration section to the mod description. Hopefully this will fix some of your confusion. I know that the exp value things can be quite confusing. I am bad in naming things. If there are still some questions please contact me. So i know where i have to be more specific.

I am also currently working on the cooking skill experience gain.  It will probably end up in 6 to 8 times more experience.

6 hours ago, Stefano Da Giau said:

I've tweaked those values in previous updates, and I didn't notice any substantial change in the levelling speed. However inside the mod in the xskills/patches subfolder I noticed that every skill file has values for the experience of every action linked to the skill. increasing the values increase the speed in a linear way. The problem is that there is no pottery/cooking/survival/blacksmithing file in that subfolder.

I got access to the Survival/strong back skill, where am I supposed to go to find the additional inventory?

You can use the R key for the strong back ability.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xandu said:

Hey,
i added a configuration section to the mod description. Hopefully this will fix some of your confusion. I know that the exp value things can be quite confusing. I am bad in naming things. If there are still some questions please contact me. So i know where i have to be more specific.

I am also currently working on the cooking skill experience gain.  It will probably end up in 6 to 8 times more experience.

Thank you very much! :D

Hey i uploaded a new version. Since there seems to be no reported crashes i decided to release this as the stable 0.4 version with following changes:

Changes:

• added a expEquation configuration for skills.
  • added a hint which key you can use to use the strong back ability

Balance:

• increased the base experience gain for cooking by 50%
  • the cooking base experience is now also multiplied with the amount of ingredients you use to cook(which was the intention in the first place but i have forgot to implement it)
  • additional you receive a 10% bonus experience for every different ingredient you use(so you can get 30% more experience for cooking a rice-flax porridge with mashed potatoes and cranberries than cooking a hefty readmeat stew)
  • in total you now receive up to 7.8 times the cooking experience
  • doubled the default experience you need to level up survival, you need to remove the survival config file or at least the exp section of it so this changes can be applied. of course you can also left it as it is but i felt like it leveled to fast in compared with the other skills

API:

• fixed: durability abilities always triggering when a durability ability was picked
  • Like 2

I couldnt find a way to melt the small steel pieces down that you get from your mod whil smithing. Did i miss something or is this intendet?

And the skill that you can destroy stone faster (in german Spitzhackenexperte) seems not to work for any player on aour server anymore. it dousnt speed up the breaking of the blocks nor does it show the counter for the effect layer.

1 hour ago, Tarquinius753 said:

I couldnt find a way to melt the small steel pieces down that you get from your mod whil smithing. Did i miss something or is this intendet?

And the skill that you can destroy stone faster (in german Spitzhackenexperte) seems not to work for any player on aour server anymore. it dousnt speed up the breaking of the blocks nor does it show the counter for the effect layer.

It is currently not possible to smelt them down. I haven't looked in the whole steel working stuff yet.

Uploaded a 0.4.1 version to quickly fix the skill. You only need to update XSkills. 

Edited by Xandu
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Xandu said:

It is currently not possible to smelt them down. I haven't looked in the whole steel working stuff yet.

Uploaded a 0.4.1 version to quickly fix the skill. You only need to update XSkills. 

Tahnk you very much for the fast fix. One player just got the strong back skill but it dident work for him. might there be a bug too?

40 minutes ago, Tarquinius753 said:

Tahnk you very much for the fast fix. One player just got the strong back skill but it dident work for him. might there be a bug too?

I tested this ability so much after the latest problems with it. And i would highly doubt my sanity if it would still be broken. So i tested it again and for me it seems to be fine. 

Maybe he just used the wrong key? You can set the key at Settings->Controls->Character controls->Xskills hotbar switch

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xandu said:

Hey,

Yep I found the key by randomly pushing keys ahahahah

Unfortunately we had a crash related to the mod

18:56:30 [Server Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at XSkills.BlockSmeltedContainerOnHeldInteractStepPatch.Prefix(EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, Int32& __state) at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockSmeltedContainer.OnHeldInteractStep_Patch2(BlockSmeltedContainer this, Single secondsUsed, ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel) at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.OnHeldUseStep(Single secondsPassed, ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel) at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemInventory.callOnUsing(ItemSlot slot, ServerPlayer player, Single& secondsPassed, Boolean callStop) at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemInventory.OnUsingTick(Single dt) at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

30 minutes ago, Tarquinius753 said:

Unfortunately we had a crash related to the mod

18:56:30 [Server Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at XSkills.BlockSmeltedContainerOnHeldInteractStepPatch.Prefix(EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, Int32& __state) at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockSmeltedContainer.OnHeldInteractStep_Patch2(BlockSmeltedContainer this, Single secondsUsed, ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel) at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.OnHeldUseStep(Single secondsPassed, ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel) at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemInventory.callOnUsing(ItemSlot slot, ServerPlayer player, Single& secondsPassed, Boolean callStop) at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemInventory.OnUsingTick(Single dt) at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

Thank you for your report. But can you give me some more information? How this actually happened? Cause i don't know where this could crash.

Edited by Xandu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.