XLib and XSkills

Xandu

Uploaded a Verion 0.4.9:

-fixed crash when breaking block under cattail 

-fixed a typo  in the composting ability

-added ClassExpMultipliers to skill configuration files

-you can add classes and floats here to increase the experience a player with a specific class receives for this skill.

e.g:  

"ClassExpMultipliers": {
	"commoner": 0.1,
	"blackguard": 0.1
}

will increase the experience commoner and blackguards receive for a skill by 10%

Added two abilities that should make it easier to see in darker areas. As suggested by @Digitalr i added an ability that will let the player glow in the dark. Which is ideal for exploring caves.

The other one uses a shader to increase the darkness of dark areas and is a more experimental feature. I would suggest it more for overworld exploration in the dark. 

Edited by Xandu
  • Like 2
  • Mind=blown 1

13 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Woah, nice! I hate to be that guy, but what about the MoreClasses classes like Archer?

I haven't written any default values for these class specific boni yet. Maybe i will add some later.

Since classes are easily identifiable through its name, it should be no prblem to put in modded classes there as long as they work as the vanilla ones.

Looking at the MoreClasses code, they look identical to the vanilla ones in term of identification. Very interesting. If I do -0.1 for an expmultiplier, does that give the class a penalty? Could I, for example, make the Miner better at learning all of the Mining skills but worse at all of the melee Combat skills?

32 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Looking at the MoreClasses code, they look identical to the vanilla ones in term of identification. Very interesting. If I do -0.1 for an expmultiplier, does that give the class a penalty? Could I, for example, make the Miner better at learning all of the Mining skills but worse at all of the melee Combat skills?

Yes. This should work. But you should not put in values lower than -1.0 there. This could result in weird behavior.

23 hours ago, Hexedian said:

So, some ideas.

The pottery skill should be renamed Handicraft or Primitive Crafting or Manual Labor, or something along those lines. Additional abilities should be added, or existing ones expanded to work on knapping, panning, chiselling and common works that don't fit within other skills. For example,

- Fast Potter, JackPot and Infallible could be made to work with knapping.

- Adding another ability that preserves durability of tools that don't fall into other categories.

- Increase speed of panning animation, chance to get double drops from panning, and adding some items to panning loot chances, or decrease odds of junk-tier items when panning.

- Unlocking new chisel options... One can only hope.

Some additional ideas :

- Add a functionality to some abilities to increase the number of blocks chopped by shears on leaves and scythes on crops and grass.

- Change Shovel Knight to work with any tool, or unarmed, possibly with different abilities depending on tool.

- Killing animals whose generation is higher than 3 should give Farming experience.

- An ability to increase the perishable timer for cooked food, collected crops and killed animal meat.

And finally :

Typo in "composting" : Nutrition, not Nutraition

Thank you for your ideas. I maybe will adopt some of them.

18 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Could that Neighbors patch that was posted earlier get implemented? I see you've still got goblins in here and that's a fairly old mod.

I probably will do this in the future.

8 hours ago, ThePionier said:

Would it be a lot of work to add a skill that pushes the hammer a bit?
Kind of like the shovel knight only for hammer.

It depends on what i add to hammers. More damage for example is pretty simple, but also boring. 

If it were technically possible, stunning would be a good effect.
I would decouple the shovel knight and the skill for the hammer from the warrior skill. So that craftsmen have a little bonus in battle. If I now have a job as a digger or the job where I need a hammer

Edited by ThePionier

4 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Well, the obvious thing for hammers would be stunning enemies, but I don't know how feasible that is to code.

I once tried to add a knock back effect for hammers, but failed. Maybe i get a stun to work.

3 hours ago, Hexedian said:

Or, possibly, add a Tools Mastery skills under Combat, which gains bonuses the higher your skill for that tool is, i.e. with high Digging, you get more damage with shovels; with more Farming, you get bonuses with scythes.

This sounds like a fun idea.

On 2/5/2021 at 3:35 AM, Hexedian said:

Another idea : a pottery ability that gives a chance to create a rare variant of the pottery item you made.

I have implemented this but have no idea how to name this ability. So does anyone have a good idea?

40 minutes ago, Digitalr said:

:) And yet another idea for survival branch:

"Void" ability - personal trashcan inventory (all items, put in this inventory, are removed from existance). May be, realisation similar to trashcan from Neccessarities mod.

I don't know if this is really necessary, since you already can throw items away and just let them despawn.

11 hours ago, Xandu said:

I don't know if this is really necessary, since you already can throw items away and just let them despawn.

Yes, but it is little annoying, when you throw them away, while in your home. Anyway, i have improved version of this idea 😆

You can define, which items are move to void on pickup. Something like strongback inventory, but acting like filter. So, if, as example, i blast quartz vein with ore bombs, and put quartz chunk and clear quartz chunk in this "filter" inventory, i dont need to throw tons of quartz to far corner at regular basis. It just removes from existance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.