Do chicken get saturation levels like pigs?

stony

It looks as if they eat out of the small trough from time to time, but the number of portions remains the same. I've tried flax and rye. Or is there something wrong with my pen?

I´m on version v1.12.9-rc.1, no mods. Edit: It's two hens and a rooster.

2020-03-16_18-06-55.thumb.jpg.c137c5faeeaa90b05b3f0c425a2878df.jpg

Edited by stony
  • Like 1

I had a similar question so Ill add it here. Can someone please explain the breeding mechanic a little better than I've seen so far? Similar situation, I have a pen with one boar and 4 sow. I've seen all of them eating from the trough and I've noticed saturation levels on the sows, but no breeding so far. The boar shows no saturation level. I don't know if there's a certain saturation level they need to reach before they'll breed or if I'm doing something wrong. Do boars just not show saturation? Do they lose saturation over time?

24 minutes ago, Stroam said:

yes

Not sure if that yes was to chickens having saturation, or their pen being set up wrong. In my single player game I noticed the same thing with my chickens as the OP.

Afaik the hens just weren´t ready to mate and therefore could not get saturation levels. Tyron added that status to the animal info hud in 1.12.9.

I think sows get pregnant once they reach saturation level 8. Boars don´t get saturation levels. Not quite sure if they're even needed to impregnate sows.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stony said:

Not quite sure if they're even needed to impregnate sows.

They are needed, yes.  All animals need a male in there to get the females pregnant.  But, as mentioned, the males do not gain satiation.  I didn't think they even ate at all, but I sometimes think I've seen them eat in more recent versions, so I'm no longer sure of that.

3 hours ago, redram said:

sometimes think I've seen them eat in more recent versions

Pretty sure I've seen them eat.

21 hours ago, stony said:

the hens just weren´t ready to mate and therefore could not get saturation levels

What causes this? I haven't seen anything in the info hud saying they are not ready

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.