Better Sprinting.

NarielV

Hello, I have a suggestion make sprinting not require holding down the button at all times it is kind of annoying having to hold it down and making it linger while movement is active would be a nice Quality of Life change.

Also controller support and hybrid controls(Controller and K&M mixed controls) support would be nice not necessary, but appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NarielV said:

make sprinting not require holding down the button at all times

🌸  This is also good for accessibility. Some people have difficulty holding down a key than others. A menu tab for accessibility would be a good way to implement making such things as optional settings.

I feel that the sneak key would be the first priority for this treatment tho because it's easier to hold control than shift because of where the buttons are placed.  💖

1 minute ago, Sparkle Kitti said:

🌸  This is also good for accessibility. Some people have difficulty holding down a key than others. A menu tab for accessibility would be a good way to implement making such things as optional settings.

I feel that the sneak key would be the first priority for this treatment tho because it's easier to hold control than shift because of where the buttons are placed.  💖

Yeah sneak just needs to have a toggle option, while sprinting needs to be made modern like most fps games.

I agree that 'sticky' sprinting should definitely be an option at the very least, if not the default. So +1 for that.

13 hours ago, Christina Garner said:

Yes, please make a sprint toggle and also autorun (ie. keep moving forward without holding down W.)

I just bought the game and its awesome but my hand is killing me already.

If your hands are hurting from it, can I suggest re-binding sprint to shift and sneak to control? I tend to find this is more comfortable for long periods of running :)

This really should be taken seriously if it is actually hurting people to play the game, RSI is no joke.

Thanks for the suggestion! Since I posted that, I started using an Autohotkey script to make sprint into a toggle instead of having to hold it down, and also you can use the same idea to make an auto-run key.  It's working well, although it would be nice if it was part of the base game.

Here's the script if anyone is interested:

z::
KeyDown := !KeyDown
If KeyDown
	SendInput {v down}
Else
	SendInput {v up}
Return

Substitute "z" and "v" for the relevant keys

taken from here: https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=11938

• 3 years later...

Hi, I know this topic is very old but I just want to know where must I put your script ? 

I suffer of a cervical hernia and always pressing a key make me pain.

Do you have any idea to make the same script for clicking (like when I mine, I want to click one time to start mining and one time to stop mining).

And maybe that can be implemented directly in the game ? 

Thank you !

there's a setting in the menu to enable sprint toggle now, so this isn't needed anymore (Under the Controls tab, right at the top)

As far as the mining toggle, that sounds a little more complicated but not impossible to do, though not something that could be done without a modder involved if you want that feature in-game only.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.