Mark Watton Posted September 29 Report Posted September 29 (edited) Is there any way to make food spoil faster other than keeping it in my inventory? Oh, and what can I do with extra seeds of crops I've got plenty of? Just toss'em? Edited September 29 by Mark Watton
LadyWYT Posted September 29 Report Posted September 29 Just now, Mark Watton said: Is there any way to make food spoil faster other than keeping it in my inventory? Put it outside in a container in hot weather, especially if container is in a greenhouse. If it's cold weather though, the player inventory is pretty much the fastest spoiling spot, since the player inventory remains at a set temperature regardless of the ambient temperature.
Mark Watton Posted September 29 Author Report Posted September 29 Just now, LadyWYT said: Put it outside in a container in hot weather, especially if container is in a greenhouse. If it's cold weather though, the player inventory is pretty much the fastest spoiling spot, since the player inventory remains at a set temperature regardless of the ambient temperature. That's what I was afraid of, danke.
Professor Dragon Posted September 29 Report Posted September 29 "Extra crops" (including grains) can go to rot, feeding animals, long keeping meals or "just in case" storage vessels in a cellar. "Extra seeds" shouldn't really be a thing. Flax seeds can be replanted as you always need twine and linen. Any "spare" seeds can be thrown in a chest for next season or a new base or stopping point or base landscape decoration. Maybe very late game you'll hit excess capacity.
SnapJelly Posted September 30 Report Posted September 30 (edited) On 9/28/2026 at 11:56 PM, Mark Watton said: Is there any way to make food spoil faster other than keeping it in my inventory I assume you want to make rot? I usually just place things on the floor somewhere but yeah composting stuff is a process that takes quite a while regardless. On 9/28/2026 at 11:56 PM, Mark Watton said: what can I do with extra seeds of crops I've got plenty of? Just toss'em? Keep them in a storage box for ever and ever until the heatdeath of the universe... If you don't wanna wait that long then yeah just plant them somewhere or toss em Edited September 30 by SnapJelly Spelling
Demoncyborg Posted September 30 Report Posted September 30 On 9/29/2026 at 3:56 AM, Mark Watton said: Is there any way to make food spoil faster other than keeping it in my inventory? Oh, and what can I do with extra seeds of crops I've got plenty of? Just toss'em? inventory is the best as most have said, but if you have a large quantity.. crates left out in the open are what i've always done with big leftover veg/grain that's destined for the rot barrel, it's not as good as the inventory spoilage rate but it is efficient storage wise, and you can just walk past and see if the crate says rot or not if you're vanilla, all you can do is store your seeds for later or plant them up. if you've got the culinary artillery / expanded food mods, you can put them in a fruit press to get some free oil. 2
Recommended Posts