Jump to content

Extra Chests v1.7.0


Dauron

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

He got this mod mixed up with MoreVariants. Your chests are fine, Dauron, it's the MV chests we're having this issue with.

ūü§£¬†Heh, I already thought that not only my chests broke.
Do not use unstable versions, in the latest stable version of MoreVariants the chests just have the wrong textures, but they don't break anything.
Anyway, I'm a little tired of fixing these chests, I have a great desire to just remove them for a while¬†ūüėĖ

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Dauron said:

Which "certain" chests? A popular server with a consistent 15+ people on it have been using this mod since 1.14 release and this is the first I've heard of this issue. Do you have other mods installed?

After some more feedback It's pretty much any chest, labeled or unlabeled, except the metal ones. It's probably More Variants doing it based on the author's comment. I forgot that one also modified chests.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've noticed an incompatibility with Zeekea freezers. They also need a chest and some copper plates,, but because the recipe is shapeless I can only make copper chests and not freezers.
EDIT: Someone also mentioned they can't pick up steel chests with CarryCapacity?

Edited by l33tmaan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, was wondering if it'd be possible to make it so you could upgrade the chests by sneaking/adding the plate rather than needing to pick up the chest and craft it that way?  What I have in mind is like being able to add the silver/gold lining to a lantern placed on the floor instead of having to pick it up to add the lining.  Would it be possible to use that mechanic to work with upgrading chests?

Also, semirelated question; does anyone have the ability to make the windows in game resizeable? i.e. bigger chest has more slots, grab the bottom right corner of the window and drag to resize to fit the new number of slots instead of having a scrollbar (or along with having one)

 

*edit* wondering if the signs could work that way too, adding to the chest with sneak/click instead of breaking the chest and using the crafting window

Edited by Lisabet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Lisabet said:

Hi, was wondering if it'd be possible to make it so you could upgrade the chests by sneaking/adding the plate rather than needing to pick up the chest and craft it that way?  What I have in mind is like being able to add the silver/gold lining to a lantern placed on the floor instead of having to pick it up to add the lining.  Would it be possible to use that mechanic to work with upgrading chests?

Also, semirelated question; does anyone have the ability to make the windows in game resizeable? i.e. bigger chest has more slots, grab the bottom right corner of the window and drag to resize to fit the new number of slots instead of having a scrollbar (or along with having one)

 

*edit* wondering if the signs could work that way too, adding to the chest with sneak/click instead of breaking the chest and using the crafting window

While all of your suggestions are possible, this mod doesn't include any code. It is a content only mod, which means it relies on the vanilla code for the chest mechanics. I will think about it in the future but right now I'm heavy into development of my next mod so I can't make any promises if/when it will happen.

Thank you for your input.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know if this crash is from More Varients or Extra Chests so I'll be pasting the log in both mod threads.  It definitely pertains to the chests though.  Had this crash happen several times today.

*edit* I'm sorry it seems that it's not the Extra Chests mod that's causing the issue; It occured to me that I haven't upgraded the one that's crashing to copper yet.

 

crashlog.txt

Edited by Lisabet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 7:11 AM, Craluminum said:

Storage blocks overlaps inventories each other or displayed so that it cannot be closed by "X". "Not playable" when two or more storage blocks inventories are open

Please look at Known Issue #1 in the original post. You'll need to lower your GUI scale in the game options or move the inventory windows manually for the bigger chests. The GUI issue is something that can't be fixed with a content only mod.

Edited by Dauron
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Dauron changed the title to Extra Chests v1.3.1
  • 3 months later...

How does one go about changing the .json to allow the chests to be carried on your back? Can that change, if at all possible, be made mid-playthrough?
Great mod by the way! Loving it. Makes storing items much easier than having a buttload of chests.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Windego said:

How does one go about changing the .json to allow the chests to be carried on your back? Can that change, if at all possible, be made mid-playthrough?
Great mod by the way! Loving it. Makes storing items much easier than having a buttload of chests.

I made an edited version for you to allow back carrying. Just remove the version you have and use this one instead.
If you're on a server it needs it too. It should cause no issues but it's recommended to make a backup of your world whenever updating mods.

Download: ExtraChestsCC_v1.3.1b.zip

Edited by Dauron
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2021 at 5:41 PM, Dauron said:

I made an edited version for you to allow back carrying. Just remove the version you have and use this one instead.
If you're on a server it needs it too. It should cause no issues but it's recommended to make a backup of your world whenever updating mods.

Download: ExtraChestsCC_v1.3.1b.zip

Thank you a bunch! I really appreciate it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 6/29/2021 at 4:15 AM, Robert Milligan said:

Thanks for this mod. I love it so much.

Please update for 1.15.0-pre.XX versions.

 

 

Posted a new version 1.4.0 for VS 1.15. Though I had no issues using the previous version on 1.15. I will update on the MOD DB once 1.15 is stable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Downloaded and put in place. I am using 1.15.0-pre.12. I was able to upgrade a chest to Copper and then Tin Bronze. However I cannot put it on my back. Yes I did download the CC version. Just downloaded the non-CC version and going to look at that too. Thanks again.

To be clear I WAS able to pick the chest up.

Edited by Robert Milligan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Dauron changed the title to Extra Chests v1.5.0
  • Dauron changed the title to Extra Chests v1.5.1
  • Dauron changed the title to Extra Chests v1.5.2
  • 1 month later...

I am using the latest mod version, in 1.16.4

I cannot place any of the chests on my back. They can be picked up however. Regular chests have no issues.

I see you mentioned hand carrying is default but I cannot spot a config file in mod configs to change this

Edited by Peter Sanderson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Dauron changed the title to Extra Chests v1.6.2
  • 2 months later...
  • Dauron changed the title to Extra Chests v1.7.0
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.