Wiki Discussion

Shaun Graham

Hello, I've been playing the game for some time now, and I've referred to the wiki several times. Unfortunately, there is not a whole lot of content on the wiki regarding many topics, and often there are simply a couple lines describing certain items. I would like to contribute to the wiki, as I've found that helpful wikis are a great way to pull in new players, but I'm not sure how to go about doing so. 

Edited by Shaun Graham
Reflects topic better
  • Like 1

• Tyron pinned this topic

Hi,

Since you guys are working on the wiki, could I ask some improvements to the crafting recipes page? Right now most recipes only have a picture without the name of the items used on the recipe. For experienced players that just need a reminder, it is OK, but for new players that have no idea what the items are is a bit hard to understand. I finally got the hang of it, but I think it would help new players to have a description for each recipe.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

bony soil is useless - I think it should be able to be combined with medium soil to produce rich soil (btw did you know there is rich soil?  It's *extremely* rare, usually in swamps or jungles) 

Most crops are just food right now.  No alcohol or cooking system yet.  Flax produces both edible grain, and flax twine, which is used to make string, which is used to make bows and cloth.  Cloth is used to make ore bombs (<--you want these!) and sacks (an incredible costly version of a backpack) as well as maybe a bed type?  

Basically flax is by far the most valuable crop in the game.  You'll want as much of it as you can possible farm, because of ore bombs.  Food crops are honestly not worth the effort because berry bushes are better in every way right now.  But I'm sure this will change down the road.

Edited by redram
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/1/2018 at 11:51 AM, Tyron said:

Oh yes, gladly. I've now reconfigured the wiki that anyone can sign up but not immediately edit. Please sign up now and tell me your user name, then I'll grant you the editing rights. Looking forward to your contributions!

Ok I signed up, nickname DaveDevil. If you please can add me, I'll try to understand how it works, and maybe I can add something.

Is there a way to make the wiki in other languages?

2 hours ago, DaveDevil said:

Ok I signed up, nickname DaveDevil. If you please can add me, I'll try to understand how it works, and maybe I can add something.

Is there a way to make the wiki in other languages?

Oh nice, sure, you can now edit the wiki. If there is enough demand for another language wiki then I can set up a new one. For italian?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Tyron unpinned this topic
  • 7 months later...