Paints v1.4.0

Sps

Had an idea to build a Moomin house? Missing blue planks? Paints mod for the rescue!

2020-12-22_16-59-41.thumb.png.1b17912d84e6740120b0e659e08277bf.png

New blocks

Planks, plank slabs, plank stairs in new colors: white, black, red, green, blue, yellow, orange, grey, purple, dark green

newblocks.thumb.png.7e2f08d35a6b74895f5b51d13f118bb4.png

Pigments

pigments.thumb.png.1591811164091cff25d6585c4348ad93.png

Paint preparation

First you need to create white paint, which is base for all other paint colors. To create white paint mix 10 liters of limewater with 1 fat.

whitepaint.png.f8c9b59f59d0b99c4f10fedf7a604efc.png

To create other colors paint mix 1 pigment with 10 litres of white paint.

Painting planks

Simply put planks / plank slabs / plank stairs into a barrel with paint. One plank will consume 1 litre of paint.

paintingplanks.thumb.png.68af0b58e24e197471e25d883dc45071.png

Roadmap

• Brush tool to paint existing blocks
  • Color blocks programatically instead of defining custom textures
  • More paintable blocks (fences, linen, doors?)

Change list

v1.4.0

Spoiler

- Added russian translation, thanks ZigTheHedge

v1.3.0

Spoiler

- Added malachite and cinnabar to Luxuries and Treasure Hunter traders (with the same rules as lapis lazuli) to provide 'renewable' source of pigment ingrediens

v1.2.0

Spoiler

- Decreased plank textures saturation

v1.1.0

Spoiler

- Added more pigments by mixing existing ones

- New paint colors: grey, purple, orange, dark green

v1.0.0

Spoiler

- Paint preparation

- Basic pigments

- Coloring planks, slabs, stairs

- Six paint coulours: white, black, red, green, blue, yellow

Bugs and feature requests reporting

https://github.com/lonski/vintagestory-paints/issues

Resources

Source: https://github.com/lonski/vintagestory-paints

Download: https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/522

Installation

Download the zip file and put it, un-extracted, in Mods folder.

Edited by Sps
  • Like 5

• Sps changed the title to Paints v1.1.0
  • Sps changed the title to Paints v1.2.0

Terraria? The super popular video game? People call it 2D minecraft? Basically the way it works in that is you have a bucket of paint - let's say red in this instance - and another bucket with the same color in it. This red might be a similar shade to the one your stairs have. If you were to mix both reds together, you get a less dim, more vibrant version of red - more like your original colors.

I think there can be a place for really garish colors, they're just limited compared to the more muted ones you have now. You could probably get away with having both.
Now if you wanted to get really crazy, you could have white + red = light red, or black + red = dark red. This way each base color has 3 variants: a dark version, a light version, and a supercolored version.

On 11/21/2020 at 4:46 PM, Sps said:

Roadmap

• Brush tool to paint existing blocks
  • Color blocks programatically instead of defining custom textures
  • More paintable blocks (fences, linen, doors?)

does this mean your going to add a paint brush item that will allow you to simply add an overlay on any existing block without the need to craft a custom texture for every item you can paint? if so this is pretty cool I was actually just making custom trees to serve a similar purpose as this mod to allow me to have colored planks but seeing you made this I don't need to and this seems a lot better than having a bunch of new trees and saplings and stuff to make new wood of new colors.

Yeah the idea is to make a tool to color existing blocks, without the need to break and replace them manually. However I was thinking about replacing the blocks with the custom ones instead of overlay. In fact I don't know how such overlay could work. 

Edited by Sps

• Sps changed the title to Paints v1.3.0

I'm not sure how minecraft does it but with leather armor you can die them different colors and each time you die it with a color weather it's the same color or a different color it changes the tint of the color and you can get some pretty decent colors to it.

not sure how to do it but something like the adjustment option in paint'net it keeps the texture but changes the color saturation and brightness.

maybe like 7 days to die paintbrush allows you to copy a texture but then you would have a color wheel in that you adjust and it will change the color I forgot what game it is if I find it again I'll mention it but there is a game that has a paintbrush mechanic like I'm trying to describe however I'm failing miserably at describing it because I don't know the words or have the names of games to reference for what I'm trying to describe.

• 1 month later...
  • Sps changed the title to Paints v1.4.0
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.