StepUp v1.2.0

copygirl

• 1 month later...

I'm getting thrown upwards when I try to round a corner 2+ blocks high. It is like it is trying to make me step up when there is no step there, like bumping into a tree as you pass by it. Any idea why it might do this? I removed all other mods and still happened.

1 hour ago, Deviator said:

I'm getting thrown upwards when I try to round a corner 2+ blocks high. It is like it is trying to make me step up when there is no step there, like bumping into a tree as you pass by it. Any idea why it might do this? I removed all other mods and still happened.

I'm noticing a little "bump" as I'm walking around corners but nothing as severe as you describe.

Not like hundreds of blocks. I was more giving a direction... not west or sideways but up in case that mattered... still a bit jarring when inside small areas and your head ends up in your hallway ceiling lights as you walk out of a room, was wondering if anything can be done to stop it from doing that on multiple vertical blocks that do not represent a single block you could step up onto.

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

This mod isn't working for me. It doesn't even show on the mod menu, though the .cs file is in the folder. I'm on linux, VS 1.14.10. Thanks for your help!

Edit: Here is what i have in the game's log:

6.7.2021 20:08:43 [Error] [StepUp-v1.2.0.cs] Compiler errors during compilation:
6.7.2021 20:08:43 [Error] [StepUp-v1.2.0.cs]     gamemodeauto:  []
6.7.2021 20:08:43 [Error] [StepUp-v1.2.0.cs] An exception was thrown when trying to load assembly:
System.Exception: Could not compile from source files due to errors
  at Vintagestory.Common.ModCompilationContext.CompileFromFiles (Vintagestory.Common.ModContainer mod, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] paths) [0x00185] in <630cacb4e12041a6a7625435234e588f>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Common.ModContainer.LoadAssembly (Vintagestory.Common.ModCompilationContext compilationContext, Vintagestory.Common.ModAssemblyLoader loader) [0x000b7] in <630cacb4e12041a6a7625435234e588f>:0 

Edited by Lid
additional informations

12 hours ago, Lid said:

This mod isn't working for me. It doesn't even show on the mod menu, though the .cs file is in the folder. I'm on linux, VS 1.14.10. Thanks for your help!

That's a strange error. I've never had this when I was playing on 1.14, and the mod also continues working on 1.15. Best advice I can give right now is making sure that the file you downloaded is the correct one.

1 hour ago, copygirl said:

That's a strange error. I've never had this when I was playing on 1.14, and the mod also continues working on 1.15. Best advice I can give right now is making sure that the file you downloaded is the correct one.

I downloaded the only file available from the File tab, and i also tried the one from the Source tab with no luck. Are there other files i could try?

14 minutes ago, Lid said:

I downloaded the only file available from the File tab, and i also tried the one from the Source tab with no luck. Are there other files i could try?

You can also download from the first post in this thread. What are the contents of the file? While I don't think that's it - are you running any other mods? Could see if disabling them changes anything.

5 minutes ago, copygirl said:

You can also download from the first post in this thread. What are the contents of the file? While I don't think that's it - are you running any other mods? Could see if disabling them changes anything.

Here is what i have in the file (i also tried the first post download, by the way):

using Vintagestory.API.Client;
using Vintagestory.API.Common;
using Vintagestory.GameContent;

[assembly: ModInfo("StepUp", Version = "1.2.0", Side = "Client",
	Description = "Doubles players' step height to allow stepping up full blocks",
	Website = "https://www.vintagestory.at/forums/topic/3349-stepup-v120/",
	Authors = new []{ "copygirl" })]
[assembly: ModDependency("game")]

namespace StepUp
{
	public class StepUpSystem : ModSystem
	{
		public override void StartClientSide(ICoreClientAPI api)
		{
			api.Event.PlayerEntitySpawn += player =>
				player.Entity.GetBehavior<EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics>().stepHeight = 1.2F;
		}
	}
}

And i'm indeed using other mods: Expanded Foods, Primitive Survival, Carry Capacity, Prospector Info, Wattle World, More Roads, Relightable Torch, modBooks and HUDClock. Ah, and i have Compatibility Lib too. I tried to remove every mods but the native ones and your mod, but it still don't show up. That's weird... I even tried to zip the file, just in case, but it doesn't work.

I'm not sure that all the mods are up to date, but they're not that old either. I'll check, though.

@Lid Okay I've looked into the game code and the only thing I keep seeing is this "gamemodeauto" thing, which appears to be a tool or library. I've used gamemode before myself, though not anymore. I don't quite understand how it sneaks itself into the mod compilation process for Vintage Story source mods. Is it possible for you to uninstall that library / package and retry? (Alternatively, disable it somehow for this game, if that's at all possible - I can't find much on it at the moment.) Also, are you doing anything special to run the game, or do you just start it using Mono? (edit: If you use Lutris, try turning off gamemode for this game; I think that's in the System Options.)

Edited by copygirl
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, copygirl said:

@Lid Okay I've looked into the game code and the only thing I keep seeing is this "gamemodeauto" thing, which appears to be a tool or library. I've used gamemode before myself, though not anymore. I don't quite understand how it sneaks itself into the mod compilation process for Vintage Story source mods. Is it possible for you to uninstall that library / package and retry? (Alternatively, disable it somehow for this game, if that's at all possible - I can't find much on it at the moment.) Also, are you doing anything special to run the game, or do you just start it using Mono? (edit: If you use Lutris, try turning off gamemode for this game; I think that's in the System Options.)

Well, good job detective! ;)

I indeed use Lutris, and when i deactivated Feral Game Mode, your mod is shown in the menu and works perfectly!

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, CoB said:

Could you pack this mod into a zip, because the cs file alone won't get downloaded from the auto-downloader. I know its client-side, but i still like to include it as a standard mod for our server.

That sounds like something the base game should support. I don't want to miss out on having a functional and useful "example" mod that makes use of the fact that mods can be distributed this way. I will poke Tyron about it.

• Like 1

@CoBSo the way it works right now, the reason the mod isn't auto-downloaded is because it is a client-side mod, not because it's a .cs mod. I guess the server simply skips loading client-side mods and thus there are not considered to be announced to the client, for it to auto-download. I did ask for there to be a way to do this, since there are very good reasons to want this as a feature.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.