Farm Life

jakecool19

Still WORK IN PROGRESS, which is why it's here but not on the modDB

Changelog:
- Removed ALL integration with Medieval Expansion and Lichen.  There was a lot, and it was causing some grief, especially for Rhonen and his Medieval Expansion mod
- Got the animal handling gloves working - kinda sorta.  thanks Exletalis08!  Not sure how these used to work (I'm assuming that it would render the animal in the players hands once picked up, but there was no indication of that in the code).  Got tired of mucking with it so I made some compromises. :(

Next up:
- Fix the animals stuck in place behavior.  Thanks again Exletalis08 and DarkSlayerEX

farmlife2v0.0.2.zip

Edited by Spear and Fang
  • Like 3
  • Cookie time 4

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2023 at 1:24 PM, Spear and Fang said:

(I'm assuming that it would render the animal in the players hands once picked up, but there was no indication of that in the code). 

It actually didn't. All you would see were the gloves being held out and you just sort of had to "know" that you were holding something and what it was. I remember thinking it was really weird because yeah, you would expect that you would be holding the chicken or what have you after using the gloves on an animal but no, no such luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

is it working on 1.18.x? I have a problem that my animals are running in one place, looks like pathfinding problem they just have running animation but they do not move at all. Also it's not possible to lure animals with food, they just stay in place and ignores player, also animals do not eat from ground. After disabling this mod, all above bugs are fixed. 

Edited by Luksor

• 2 weeks later...

From what I have been testing in 1.18.5 with the latest releases of Kreatures and Kritters, Feywild and Fantastic Creature, along with Lichen, is that the added entities don't seem to have enough weight anymore in the spawn process and just don't exist anymore. Could also be that they are a bit on the older end of things or that they would appear if I crank up the number of simultaneous entities at a time.

Will try the .02 to see if it still happens. Thank you again for all this heavy lifting you do for this modding community !

EDIT: Tried the .02, but I figured the spawning might have been heavily tampered by Biomes after rereading its description. Sorry for the false flag,

Edited by Randwulf

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/11/2023 at 10:47 PM, Spear and Fang said:

Nope. Not unless I can make some serious progress on it. But my other mods and irl are consuming way too much time right now  :(

On 3/1/2024 at 10:14 AM, pawsbrake said:

I was wondering if you wanted some help coding this and getting it back in shape? If you have it up on github I can contribute, or whatever you prefer.

Just mentioning/quoting the both of you because I'd like to see something (good) happen to this mod so I can add it to the immense list of mods I am using on my server. :D

Oh oops yeah I forgot about this.
Also, I have no plans on continuing to work on it.
Here's the source code and seal of approval from Jake.  If someone wants to take over, feel free.
Original repo is up on Jake's Github if you would rather start from there.

jakecool.png

farmlife2.zip

Edited by Spear and Fang

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.