Previous Versions

Edited by Niker323
v1.1.3
  • Like 1
  • Amazing! 1
  • Mind=blown 3
  • Thanks 2

• Niker323 changed the title to Temporal Engineering v1.1.0

Hello! So, my friend proposed we try this mod on our server, but while I was waiting for him to get online I did some testing and encountered a texture problem. For some reason, random (or seemingly random) Granite Stone blocks are switched with a weird green texture. It's still a granite block, it's not like it's switching out the item with another one, it just messes up the texture. Here's some screenshots:

vintstory_granite_1.thumb.PNG.0dc94d8e11087940a0e387450b294c2b.PNGvintstory_granite_2.thumb.PNG.79dd30069b893b7393add7edb9f5fb48.PNG

My friend also had a different graphical issue, the same one as above in LocoMiner's post, but I for some reason do NOT have that problem.

Extra info: we JUST updated to the newest VS version (v1.14.7 Stable) and also only just now grabbed the mod. I'm not sure what other info would be useful to help you troubleshoot, but if I can get like world data or something for you from my files please let me know if it would help you with bug-fixing or something. 😄

@Draconic_ @Susel_de_Baibak @LocoMiner @l33tmaan @Niker323 

So I was having the same issue, so I went to Niker323's github to check out the recent commits and so I opened up the original 1.1.0 zip that I downloaded from the link he posted above:

and I compared it to what is on his Github, and noticed a number of files missing, so I downloaded them from his repo and repackaged 1.1.0:

And now I'm not seeing any of those issues in my world:

I know you can do this yourself, but I've attached my repack in case you want it. I'm sure @Niker323 will fix it in his link soon.

Update: Okay, no it wasn't that at all. It's something with existing worlds. When I create a new world with the mod, it is fine. If I apply it to an existing world with other mods, the issue is as described by you all above.

Edited by pawsbrake

If you have problems after adding it to an existing world, does the following command assist in fixing them? https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=List_of_server_commands#.2Ffixmapping

/fixmapping applyall

My understanding is that this is used for between-version updates, but could also fix mapping issues from mods as well.

Edit: Tried it on my own singleplayer world and it didn't seem to do anything. Will play around with this a bit later, as I'd be interested in eventually adding this to an existing MP server.

Edited by AstralVoid

From what I can see in-game, you can produce: Wire (each metal type), Coil, Battery, Electric Chisel, Wrench, Engine Shaft, Generator Shaft, Wire Mold (Raw & Fired), Capacitor (Low, Medium & High), Charger, Connector, Cable, Engine, Furnace, Relay, Rotary Generator, Forge, Water Wheel. It introduces an energy type called TF that can be produced using the rotary generator with the water wheel. This and other mods could expand on this premise now that this groundwork is laid.

Edited by pawsbrake
  • Mind=blown 1

@AstralVoid

It is my understanding that when the program detects a change in blocks due to an update/mod it automatically asks if you want to create a backup and perform a remap, doing this in an existing world after introducing this mod performed the backup process, then nothing. It didn't remap. I need to parse the logs, but I'm sure there was an exit somewhere due to an error.

Edit: Removed excessively long logs I posted, Niker323 fixed the issue.

Edited by pawsbrake

• Niker323 changed the title to Temporal Engineering v1.1.1

game is now crashing with mod

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM 
Version: v1.14.7 (Stable)1/23/2021 5:33:46 AM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at BlockTFCharger.OnCollectTextures(ICoreAPI api, ITextureLocationDictionary textureDict)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.BlockTextureAtlasManager.ComposeBlockTextureAtlasses(IList`1 blocks, OrderedDictionary`2 shapes)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnServerBlocksItemsReceivedStep2(Action onCompleted, Int32 blockCount)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.ExecuteMainThreadTasks(Single deltaTime)
   at _Ji8ZCYdD03AdlbF434eaGgnZqbbA._h7dO1pJXJpGwhthMPDN9E21LMTB(Single )
   at _QXfAdKxrJ1KaNtwiV64JU2IvnpC._cl7z8c5uEEaIF1fo0XdijiZbRYk(Single )
   at _QXfAdKxrJ1KaNtwiV64JU2IvnpC._peV5mb21IaSJTAYBddj4gA99BDo(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _03wQBzfCnykaMLiRGgbQzrKOcn3._QN2fpVgRVBDOLs27GIkkdMlxeKf(_a9AJZVMB0wcgfRPD19VvLtZCbaX , String[] )
   at _NdjU5BXvKkfOW2d88pNMbEAjE1q._QN2fpVgRVBDOLs27GIkkdMlxeKf(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log, last 3 entries
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 1/22/2021 8:44:17 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 00007FFEA480D759
Stack:
 }
{ TimeGenerated = 1/16/2021 11:27:05 AM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Stack:
 }

Edited by LocoMiner

3 hours ago, LocoMiner said:

game is now crashing with mod

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM 
Version: v1.14.7 (Stable)1/23/2021 5:33:46 AM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at BlockTFCharger.OnCollectTextures(ICoreAPI api, ITextureLocationDictionary textureDict)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.BlockTextureAtlasManager.ComposeBlockTextureAtlasses(IList`1 blocks, OrderedDictionary`2 shapes)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnServerBlocksItemsReceivedStep2(Action onCompleted, Int32 blockCount)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.ExecuteMainThreadTasks(Single deltaTime)
   at _Ji8ZCYdD03AdlbF434eaGgnZqbbA._h7dO1pJXJpGwhthMPDN9E21LMTB(Single )
   at _QXfAdKxrJ1KaNtwiV64JU2IvnpC._cl7z8c5uEEaIF1fo0XdijiZbRYk(Single )
   at _QXfAdKxrJ1KaNtwiV64JU2IvnpC._peV5mb21IaSJTAYBddj4gA99BDo(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _03wQBzfCnykaMLiRGgbQzrKOcn3._QN2fpVgRVBDOLs27GIkkdMlxeKf(_a9AJZVMB0wcgfRPD19VvLtZCbaX , String[] )
   at _NdjU5BXvKkfOW2d88pNMbEAjE1q._QN2fpVgRVBDOLs27GIkkdMlxeKf(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log, last 3 entries
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 1/22/2021 8:44:17 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Stack:
 }
{ TimeGenerated = 1/16/2021 11:27:05 AM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Stack:
 }

Fixed (v1.1.2)

Now that it is not crashing my game or making weird graphics. I am trying to use this mod. The relay generators dont power the capacitors. The copper cables dont connect or pass power to anything. They relays dont seem to be working. It seems like 1000 tf/s is alot of power to move a hammer when a windmill can do it with 12 tf/s. This mod still needs lots of work. Great idea though. If I am doing something wrong maybe a video or a more detailed instructions vs the picture.

24 minutes ago, LocoMiner said:

Now that it is not crashing my game or making weird graphics. I am trying to use this mod. The relay generators dont power the capacitors. The copper cables dont connect or pass power to anything. They relays dont seem to be working. It seems like 1000 tf/s is alot of power to move a hammer when a windmill can do it with 12 tf/s. This mod still needs lots of work. Great idea though. If I am doing something wrong maybe a video or a more detailed instructions vs the picture.

In generators, speed is key. Maximum generation 200 tf/s.

OK but nothing is connecting to anything. Relay generator connected to capacitor doesn't transfer power. Relay connected to cable to capacitor no transfer. Forge and engine connected to relay transfers power but they don't work because it need more than relay can generate with current setup. Water wheel gives maybe 18 tf, 200tk is a lot of wheels or time.

Edited by LocoMiner

4 minutes ago, LocoMiner said:

OK but nothing is connecting to anything. Relay generator connected to capacitor doesn't transfer power. Relay connected to cable to capacitor no transfer. Forge and engine connectedto relay transfers power but they don't work because it need more than relay can generate with current setup.

Enable "Show block interaction help"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.