Getting nowhere with Humble Bundle purchase

SinReaper

I'm in a loop here with Humble Bundle:

1. Purchased Vintage Story

2. Informed after purchase, they are out of keys.

3. Asked when keys will be available, two boiler template responses. 

4. Humble Bundle email received saying Keys are available

5. Go to purchase page and see my purchase, no key- just a message that says go here to redeem my code (that I didn't receive): https://account.vintagestory.at/createaccount

6. There is no code to redeem, as that page requires a code to create game account; so back to where I started.

So yeah, I'm a bit stuck. Any devs that can help or point me in the right direction?  At this point I am leaning towards refunding my purchase and buying directly from this site.

Edited by SinReaper

You are supposed to receive a code from the Humble store. With that code, you create a game account on the VS website.

The same is true if you buy it directly from the developer, here: you receive a key via mail, which you then use to create the game account.

So if the Humble store informed you that keys are back in stock, you probably need to perform some sort of action in the Humble store to request/obtain your code. But I've not used that store myself, so I can't tell you what.

When in doubt, perhaps the Humble store customer support could help?

I've used Humble Bundle for years. 

In the screenshot I posted is where that code or key would appear; but instead it's providing a link to the registration page only.

Seems like Carlos got the email about keys being in stock as well, but no key on our pages as of yet.   It's all been janky as hell this far.

i'm in the exact same boat a friend purchased a key for me on humble a few hours ago for my birthday and just going in circles i have been assured someone is working on it but noticed it is marked no key available now.  in the purchse history for the key all i got was a (1) link and no key/code just a link to the register account page:(

Hey, sorry for the troubles. HumbleBundle only informed me a day before they were about to run out of keys and they seemed to have changed something with their key upload system, as they are unable to use our keys containing special characters. The first 5000 keys I uploaded in 2016 worked fine 🤷‍♂️

I've been in contact with their support but that also doesn't seem to make much as of yet progress. I think the quickest course of action you can do is to request a refund and buy it on our site.

Btw. to above poster - I took the freedom to rename your display name - we'd like NSFW friendly names on the forums and discord.

1 hour ago, Tyron said:

Hey, sorry for the troubles. HumbleBundle only informed me a day before they were about to run out of keys and they seemed to have changed something with their key upload system, as they are unable to use our keys containing special characters. The first 5000 keys I uploaded in 2016 worked fine 🤷‍♂️

I've been in contact with their support but that also doesn't seem to make much as of yet progress. I think the quickest course of action you can do is to request a refund and buy it on our site.

Btw. to above poster - I took the freedom to rename your display name - we'd like NSFW friendly names on the forums and discord.

Yeh i'll get my friend to get a refund.  Ah sorry about that no probs i wanted to change it completely anyways:)

13 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

I'm curious, what advantage does Humble Bundle offer over buying it directly from here?

6 minutes ago, DiaperCookieDoll said:

I'm guess in may have been slightly cheaper.  But i'm also guessing people have only first seen the game via humble.  But yeh days later and still getting nowhere

It's not cheaper, it's even more expensive. But I prefer to have all my purchase in the less posible platforms so I keep easily remember where and when did I bought everything. I use the humble store often and if this game was available on Steam it will be my first choice.

They actually advertised it as 10% off but its the same price on here............

Humble has been good to me and ive bought hundreds of bundles and separate games.

I will give them time to sort out my spare key now as they usually sort stuff out eventually by some means.

On itch and humble it's actually 20% more expensive, even with the discount for being a subsriber it should still be more expensive.

Other than that the only differences are: you don't have to register an account on the forum and are able to look up the payment details later easier, if you need them at some point.

• Like 1

Keys are back in stock. I'm cheap and decided to just wait it out for that $2 savings. :)

I got the email 3/24 saying keys were in stock but my Library still didn't show one. Submitted a ticked to humble support and it was fixed before the end of the day.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.