Wouldn't it be cool to be able to relocate the traders to your desired locations? Having a "Trading Trailer Park" or a nice little marketplace/settlement nearby? Checking for the inventory stock/prices almost instantly of every category? 🧐

• Like 2
  • Wolf Bait 1
  • Confused 1
  • Amazing! 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2021 at 10:19 AM, l33tmaan said:

This mod look interesting, but I kind of agreed with the idea of being able to attract existing traders directly to your home and not just having a block like a carpet question to spawn a travelling trader is not really the same. I think bringing traders to our house can add some's challenge question to make sure that trader survive in the road, still ask to explore the world, question to find the traders you would like and everything.

I would like to being able to create somes kind of store with multiples traders on a village, I think this can be nice.

• Like 1

I think being able to relocate traders to your base would also be a satisfying objective if one wants to create a sort of town structure, like building a village in minecraft. I do think probably relocating in-world traders should be a time-consuming effort that's never certain, with traders only being willing to leave their homes after a lot of trades and needing to be transported in something like a horse-drawn carriage or other player-made transport, and moving traders attracting waves of drifters like a localized temporal storm that gets worse if you allow the trader to take damage. After bringing the trader home the storm would slowly fade if they had all the luxuries they needed--bed, table and chairs, food, chests, and a secure room with requirements kind of like aging bleu cheese where they need both a secure location and a window of some sort. In return for all this effort they would maybe have more trades the more luxury you gave them--for example, wallpaper blocks in the area, fur rugs on the ground, and tapestries or art pieces. Allowing the player to decorate is always a fun touch after all, and stuff like fur rugs would add a use for pelts after leather is available.

That being said, I totally respect the design decision to have traders basically forced to stay in their untouchable houses, making the player have to be the one with a trade route that goes around several traders. Maybe that could be expanded on instead, with carts and wagons for the player and traders paying extra for wood or stone that isn't available in the local biome or vegetables that are hard to grow in the local climate.

• 1 year later...

I was searching for a way to increase the amount of traders in the world (either through mods or world generation parameters), as I felt they were too few and far between IMO. Your idea about relocating them to your base at a sort of caravan bazaar sounds awesome however!

It will create a goal in and of itself to gather all kinds of merchants and enable a real economy. Or maybe if NPC settlements are ever implemented, trade routes could be introduced. I'm just letting my mind wander about the possibilities.

On 4/26/2023 at 8:31 AM, Kolosus said:

Your idea about relocating them to your base at a sort of caravan bazaar sounds awesome however!

Yeah, I'd definitely be a fan of that. Some sorta dwarf fortress-eque trading spot that results in yearly caravans of a few trader carts would be nice.

I think it would be best if you had to build the structures -- market stalls, inns, etc., to some particular standard, then traders are attracted to show up in person, without their wagons. Otherwise you have to figure out reasonable-looking multi block movable entities. If you don't regularly trade with a particular trader, he leaves, opening the space for someone else.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Id go for a route where you can perform a couple quests for each trader and then invite them to your town, afterwards they give you an item that is like a tradepost deed, and you place a shop wherever you want in a certain volume area. so lets say you go for the blacksmith, then you place the deed and it marks an 8x8 area in which he will build his base workshop, then you can build something cooler around it. even better for certain players, you can chose if placing the building less option or the larger option having it be a whole store, that way we could build commercial districts and towns. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.