Bullseye 2.4.2 - bug fixes and tweaks!

TeacupAngel

On 4/5/2022 at 6:36 PM, Ashery said:

Two things, one small observation and a pretty substantive bug that at least has a simple work around:

First, a point on balance:

Both copper spears and copper arrows with a recurve bow reach the two hit kill breakpoint for wolves, though both require a double hit to kill males when not playing as a hunter as they barely reach it. Whether this is the right balance point, I'm unsure, but it's substantially lower than vanilla, which requires tin bronze spears; vanilla bows never reach it. That said, ranged combat with Bullseye is also a lot slower than vanilla, particularly when it comes to rearming spears, but I feel like the two hit threshold for wolves is an important balance consideration to keep in mind as the danger of wolf encounters really defines the early and even mid-game experience. Copper spears can also be acquired through panning. As can copper arrowheads, but those at least require the investment of feathers and a recurve bow.

Now, the bug:

The intensity of the aiming reticle's drift seems to become more intense as you close worlds and reload new ones without closing the game completely. It is not a matter of how long the game's been open, as I just finished testing this over the course of fifteen minutes or so.

I first noticed this several nights ago when I decided to mess around in one of my testing games to practice a bit with bows, as I finally acquired a recurve bow in my actual game. With the first animal I encountered, I noticed the reticle behavior was a lot more erratic than I expected it to be. I decided to just practice against a tree, and despite being a hunter with no armor penalties, I was still missing a good third of my shots, often with the reticle wildly swinging off target in the fraction of a second it'd take to release the mouse button. And for those that I did land, I was spending a significant amount of time trying to get the reticle on target. Even with a basic bow, it was difficult. So, I disabled Bullseye to try out vanilla mechanics and those troubles vanished: Perfect accuracy without spending several seconds trying to aim each arrow. I was a bit frustrated considering the investment of a recurve bow early on, but it was late at night, so I went to bed with plans to get some hard data to provide feedback.

...Except the next morning, aiming at the tree was trivial.

Last night, I had another incident where the intense drift was glaringly obvious, and this time it was in my real game during a wolf encounter. There was no way in hell I was going to land a hit, let alone two, but I was lucky in that I was able to get enough distance and close the world. I then quit the game entirely and reload. Sure enough, aiming was back to normal once that was done.

Decided to test out my hypothesis explicitly this morning, and it's definitely a result of saving and loading new worlds without closing the game entirely.

Thank you for the detailed feedback! I really wish I got more like this :)

Balance is definitely something I constantly work on to improve. Shooting in Bullseye is slower than in vanilla, so I upped the damage to compensate somewhat. On a damage per second basis, spears and bows are actually weaker in Bullseye than in vanilla, so I'm glad they do still feel powerful! I did balance them before longblades were nerfed and made slower, though, so maybe they are still too powerful now. Either way, I have version 2.3.0 coming soon with some balance changes already, so I might wait for that to release first before tuning it up some more.

Thank you so much for letting me of the bug! I thought that's a bug I already squashed long ago, but apparently it's back now 😧 Version 2.3.0 has some significant code changes and I couldn't reproduce the bug in it, so maybe I fixed that on accident while I was at that. But I'll definitely look into it more later on, just to be sure!

I'm not quite ready to do a big public release of 2.3.0 yet - need to take pictures, write descriptions, and so on. But I'm not planning any further changes to the mod itself, so I could put it here for you a bit early if you'd like to try :)

2 hours ago, Rahjital said:

I did balance them before longblades were nerfed and made slower, though, so maybe they are still too powerful now.

Which would also mean the gap between ranged weapons and longblades is even larger in vanilla. So, while further tweaks wouldn't be a bad thing, Bullseye would still be in a better position that vanilla without additional changes.

I should also add that I wasn't speaking directly from the perspective of copper spears being too powerful, but rather, simply noting that copper spears represent a significant jump in effective combat strength and taking stock of the how easy it is to acquire them. That said, wolves are ultimately more of an early game threat, so the relative ease of reaching the two hit breakpoint may not be a bad thing.

...Well, lone wolves are, anyways...

2 hours ago, Rahjital said:

...so I could put it here for you a bit early if you'd like to try :)

Would love to!

On 4/7/2022 at 3:08 AM, Ashery said:

Which would also mean the gap between ranged weapons and longblades is even larger in vanilla. So, while further tweaks wouldn't be a bad thing, Bullseye would still be in a better position that vanilla without additional changes.

I should also add that I wasn't speaking directly from the perspective of copper spears being too powerful, but rather, simply noting that copper spears represent a significant jump in effective combat strength and taking stock of the how easy it is to acquire them. That said, wolves are ultimately more of an early game threat, so the relative ease of reaching the two hit breakpoint may not be a bad thing.

It's definitely something I need to give a lot more thought, and having another opinion will definitely help a lot, thank you! One less hit to kill is very significant since to many, the amount of inventory slots spears take up seems to be their greatest disadvantage, and this reduces it a lot. Still, I'm not yet sure if it's actually something to change. Ideally I'd get the double-hit bug of projectiles fixed, and maybe hunters being able to get rid of wolves better early on is a good thing too... hmm. Lots of things to consider, haha!

On 4/7/2022 at 3:08 AM, Ashery said:

Would love to!

Alrighty! Sorry it took a while, I did some quick testing just to see if nothing major broke. That seemed okay, so fingers crossed it's otherwise stable too. I hope you have fun trying it out!

Sadly I lost the descriptions and screenshots I had ready for the release, so all I can give you there is the changelog:

Spoiler

New Features

•  Basic sling implementation
  •  Smoother first person sling animation
  •  Fully animated bows in first person view
  •  Bows show the arrow you are shooting
  •  Ability to choose ammo type for bows and slings (press F to select)
  •  Support for shooting while mounted

Rebalance

•  Spears have greater accuracy difference between
  •  Spears have less vertical aim sway, to make distance judging when throwing easier
  •  Spears no longer have any random spread
  •  Slightly reduced aim sway for simple and crude bows
  •  Increased longbow damage bonus to +60%
  •  Increased longbow movement accuracy penalty to 130%
  •  Reduced recurve bow damage bonus to +35%, but made it draw slightly faster (still has the best sustained damage of all bows)
  •  Reduced recurve bow movement accuracy penalty to 50%
  •  Reduced aim sway of recurve bow
  •  Can no longer sprint when shooting a bow
  •  Shooting bows slows you down (depending on the bow used)

Other

•  Compatibility with Lichen improved
  •  Now also compatible with Ore Crystals, Useful Stuff, Feverstone Horses, and ViesCraft Machines
  •  "globalAccuracy" setting renamed to "aimDifficulty" (can still use "globalAccuracy" to set this)
  •  Large code refactor
  •  Fix: less intrusive patching of arrow and spear damage
  •  Fix: now respects armour ranged penalties properly
  •  Fix: texture leak related to crosshairs
  •  Fix: removed old world migration from version 2.1.0 popping up for everyone

EDIT: Download deleted because of a major bug

Edited by Rahjital
  • Like 1

Whoops, sorry, I definitely did! That changelog isn't done being edited either :D It's meant to say that spears are more accurate throwing from standstill, and less when running. It's only a small change, but previously it was hard to tell there was a difference at all, haha

But yep, it's a big update!

Bullseye230.png.c628880b218ddb1e35566dba5ea303c1.png

Version 2.3.0 released!

This version is a big one with plenty of new changes! Most importantly, the sling has got the Bullseye treatment! It behaves in a very different way from the bows you are used to, and you'll have to deal with its upwards swinging motion to use it. Like other Bullseye weapons, it is also slower but deals greater damage than in vanilla.

Next is movement mechanics and a rebalance for the longbow and recurve bow. It's no longer possible to spring when aiming a bow, and even just walking is much slower. The mod now also recognises when you are mounted on an entity (such as a horse, Vies' airship, a rowboat, and so on) and adjusts your accuracy appropriately. The longbow and recurve bow now also switched places, balance wise - the new longbow is an infantry sniper bow, slow but with a massive +60% damage bonus - strong enough that Hunters with good enough arrows can one-shot surface drifters! The recurve bow is its opposite, dealing less damage but shooting faster and emphasising mobility over damage and range, with much lower movement penalties than any other ranged weapon. It also makes an excellent cavalry bow, much like it did in history - get yourself a horse mod and emulate your favourite horse archers of the past!

Speaking of bows, new smooth first-person animations for bows have been added! These currently work only in first person. In addition, the arrow you are shooting is now physically represented in the bow model too. This may come in handy, because:

You can now press F to pick the ammunition to shoot. This works with all bows and the sling, and displays a small window listing all the kinds of ammunition you currently carry, and even helpfully writes out how much total damage each projectile deals after weapon and class bonuses.

Other smaller changes and bug fixes can be found in the changelog below. Download at https://mods.vintagestory.at/bullseye, enjoy!

Full changelog:

Spoiler
  • New Features
  • Basic sling implementation with smoother animation
  • Fully animated bows in first person view
  • Bows show the arrow you are shooting
  • Ability to choose ammo type for bows and slings (press F to select)
  • Support for shooting while mounted on an entity (horse, Vies airship, etc.)

• Rebalance
  • Spears have slightly higher running aim penalty
  • Spears have less vertical aim sway, to make judging throw distance easier
  • Spears no longer have any random spread
  • Slightly reduced aim sway for simple and crude bows
  • Increased longbow damage bonus to +60%
  • Increased longbow movement accuracy penalty to 130%
  • Reduced recurve bow damage bonus to +35%, but made it charge slightly faster (still has the best sustained damage of all bows)
  • Reduced recurve bow movement accuracy penalty to 50%
  • Reduced aim sway of recurve bow
  • Can no longer sprint when aiming a bow
  • Walking when aiming is now slower (slowest with longbow, fastest with recurve bow)

• Other
  • Better compatibility with Lichen
  • Now also compatible with Ore Crystals, Useful Stuff, Feverstone Horses, and ViesCraft Machines
  • "globalAccuracy" setting renamed to "aimDifficulty" ("globalAccuracy" is still recognised, too)
  • Major code refactor
  • Fix: less intrusive patching of arrow and spear damage
  • Fix: now respects armour ranged penalties properly
  • Fix: texture leak related to crosshairs
  • Fix: removed old world migration from version 2.1.0 popping up even in worlds that never used the mod
  • Fix: no longer try to pointlessly patch items, blocks and entities on the client

Edited by Rahjital
  • Like 2

• TeacupAngel changed the title to Bullseye 2.3.0 - slings, animations, and a rebalance!
4 hours ago, ThePionier said:

Hello!

Is this mod compatible with any mod that adds bows or arrows? Or are there problems?

I use a few mods that add new bows and arrows like Weapon Gammapack, or Primitv Survival.

Hi there!

Compatibility very much depends on what mod you have in mind. Weaponpack Gamma will need a compatibility patch to work with Bullseye. As for Primitive Survival, I wasn't aware it adds new ranged weapon! I'll take a look at that. Some other mods like Useful Stuff or Lichen should work well as they are :)

Edited by Rahjital

3 hours ago, Rahjital said:

Hi there!

Compatibility very much depends on what mod you have in mind. Weaponpack Gamma will need a compatibility patch to work with Bullseye. As for Primitive Survival, I wasn't aware it adds new ranged weapon! I'll take a look at that. Some other mods like Useful Stuff or Lichen should work well as they are :)

Good Morning!

I'm using a mod that brings a Primitive Bow and Primitive Arrows into play, I thought it was the Primitive Survial Mod. I'll look up which ones exactly, and I use Usefull Stuff Mod in it as well.

My mistake, the Crude Bow and Arrow are from the vanilla game :D

A compatibility patch would be great! :)

Edited by ThePionier

The client disconnects from the server when trying to shoot a bow 

5.5.2022 09:52:37 [Notification] Game Version: v1.16.5 (Stable) 
5.5.2022 09:52:49 [Notification] External Origins in load order: modorigin@C:\Games\VintageStory\assets\creative\, modorigin@C:\Games\VintageStory\assets\survival\, mod@AdvancedSmithing1.2.0.zip, mod@AncientTools_V1.4.2.zip, mod@animalcages_v2.0.6.zip, mod@BetterDrifters_v2.1.3.zip, mod@CreaturesandCritters1.2.0.zip, mod@Da Bears.zip, mod@emotemenu.zip, mod@fancydoors_v1.16.5-1.1.1.zip, mod@FieldsOfGold-1.16_v1.2.2-rc.5.zip, mod@HammersRingingFall-1.16_1.1.2-dev.1.zip, mod@hangingoillamps_1.0.1.zip, mod@MeteoricExpansion_V1.1.1.zip, mod@MoreCrops1.0.8.zip, mod@MoreRoads 1.4.3.zip, mod@MoreTorchHolders.zip, mod@necessaries_v1.16.5-1.1.2.zip, mod@NeededThings.zip, mod@NightWatcher-v1.2.zip, mod@PreservationMod_v1.0.0.zip, mod@PrimitiveSurvival2.8.0.zip, mod@SuperFuel_v2.0.7.zip, mod@tradeomat_v1.16.5-1.6.1.zip, mod@alchemy-1.6.3.zip, mod@CarryCapacity-VS1.16.0-v0.6.5.zip, mod@Electricity.zip, mod@HelveHammerExtensions_v1.16.0-pre.8_v1.2.0.zip, mod@hudclock-2.6.0.zip, mod@LabeledContainers-v1.0.0.zip, mod@Lichen-v1.6-VS1.16.0.zip, mod@MoreBags-1.0.0.zip, mod@petai_v1.4.4.zip, mod@PlayerCorpse_v1.16.3_v1.3.1.zip, mod@StoneQuarry_v1.16.4_v1.6.5.zip, mod@teleportation-runes-1.0.3.zip, mod@TeleportationNetwork_v1.16.0-pre.8_v1.5.1.zip, mod@translocatorlocator_v1.0.2.zip, mod@usefulstuff_v2.3.2.zip, mod@wildfarming_v1.2.7.zip, mod@WOP be Creative.zip, mod@workbench-expansion-1.4.1.zip, mod@xlib_v0.6.8.zip, mod@xmelee_0.0.10.zip, mod@ApacheTech.VintageMods.CampaignCartographer_v2.2.2.zip, mod@Bullseye 2.3.0.zip, mod@cats_v1.4.2_petai_v1.4.+.zip, mod@wildcraft-v1.2.3.zip, mod@wolftaming_v1.4.0_petai_v1.4.+.zip, mod@xinvtweaks_v1.4.1.zip, mod@xskills-0.6.9-dev.8.zip, mod@yabbaglasschapter_v110.zip, mod@AlphaWeaponPack_Patchv2.0.0.zip
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Disconnected by the server (An action you (or your client) did caused an unhandled exception)
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Destroying game session, waiting up to 200ms for client threads to exit
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Event] TimeDialogController::onLeaveWorld
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 18 base assets in category lang
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category patches
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 22 base assets in category config
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category worldproperties
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 50 base assets in category sounds
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 96 base assets in category shapes
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 74 base assets in category shaders
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 16 base assets in category shaderincludes
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 128 base assets in category textures
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 4 base assets in category music
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category dialog
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category compatibility
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category skills
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category effects
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category effecttrigger
5.5.2022 09:45:58 [Warning] OpenAL Error during dispose of sound game:sounds/environment/waterwaves.ogg: InvalidName
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 18 base assets in category lang
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category patches
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 22 base assets in category config
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category worldproperties
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 50 base assets in category sounds
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 96 base assets in category shapes
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 74 base assets in category shaders
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 16 base assets in category shaderincludes
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 128 base assets in category textures
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 4 base assets in category music
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category dialog
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category compatibility
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category skills
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category effects
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Found 0 base assets in category effecttrigger
5.5.2022 09:46:10 [Notification] Exiting current game to disconnected screen, reason: An action you (or your client) did caused an unhandled exception
5.5.2022 09:46:27 [Notification] Exiting game now. Server running=False. Exit reason: Main screen quit button was pressed

09:47:56 [Server Warning] Exception at client 84. Disconnecting client.
09:47:56 [Server Event] Player Cyraxan got removed. Reason: Threw an exception at the server
09:47:56 [Server Error] System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
   в Bullseye.EntityBehaviorAimingAccuracy.OnAimingChanged()
   в Vintagestory.API.Datastructures.SyncedTreeAttribute.MarkPathDirty(String path)
   в Bullseye.ItemRangedWeapon.OnHeldInteractStart(ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel, Boolean firstEvent, EnumHandHandling& handling)
   в Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemInventory.HandleHandInteraction(_u8fJ3xSYrMFV8OURoSBAcBM3JtF packet, ConnectedClient client)
   в Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ProcessNetMessage(NetIncomingMessage msg, NetServer mainSocket)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Cyraxan said:

The client disconnects from the server when trying to shoot a bow 

-snip-

Hi, sorry about the issues and thank you very much for the report! I haven't managed to trigger the crash in multiplayer yet, but I have a decent idea of what might be causing it now and will release a patch for it shortly :)

On 5/5/2022 at 3:39 PM, Rahjital said:

Hi, sorry about the issues and thank you very much for the report! I haven't managed to trigger the crash in multiplayer yet, but I have a decent idea of what might be causing it now and will release a patch for it shortly :)

I don't know if this helps or not but I have a little more info regarding the same crash:

A day or two after Bullseye 2.3 released, I updated my server from 2.2. After rebooting the server, I experienced this crash several times. I did some snooping and deleted the old version locally from my ModsByServer folder, and restarted my server instance a couple times. Eventually, something triggered and the crash stopped until today.

A couple friends also play on this server, but none had used a bow or spear (it happens with either, and likely the sling too but I haven't tested), until today when someone tried to see if they could be held by an armor stand. Immediate client crash and boot from server. I had him follow what I did, no dice. Then I tried, and I also crashed. So it went away for a bit and then came back. The error message given is more or less the same. Here's what's produced server-side each time:

Spoiler

[39;49m[33m17:25:15 [Server Warning] Exception at client 24. Disconnecting client.
[39;49m17:25:15 [Server Event] Player Lithos got removed. Reason: Threw an exception at the server
[39;49m[31m17:25:15 [Server Error] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Bullseye.EntityBehaviorAimingAccuracy.OnAimingChanged () [0x0002e] in <bb88f300da40455d93efe9778e708c86>:0 
  at Vintagestory.API.Datastructures.SyncedTreeAttribute.MarkPathDirty (System.String path) [0x0002c] in <0e4a7b5cab644d0da9e4f27ccd6e0015>:0 
  at Vintagestory.API.Datastructures.SyncedTreeAttribute.SetInt (System.String key, System.Int32 value) [0x00008] in <0e4a7b5cab644d0da9e4f27ccd6e0015>:0 
  at Bullseye.ItemRangedWeapon.OnHeldInteractStart (Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot slot, Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent byEntity, Vintagestory.API.Common.BlockSelection blockSel, Vintagestory.API.Common.EntitySelection entitySel, System.Boolean firstEvent, Vintagestory.API.Common.EnumHandHandling& handling) [0x0009d] in <bb88f300da40455d93efe9778e708c86>:0 
  at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.OnHeldUseStart (Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot slot, Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent byEntity, Vintagestory.API.Common.BlockSelection blockSel, Vintagestory.API.Common.EntitySelection entitySel, Vintagestory.API.Common.EnumHandInteract useType, System.Boolean firstEvent, Vintagestory.API.Common.EnumHandHandling& handling) [0x00018] in <0e4a7b5cab644d0da9e4f27ccd6e0015>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemInventory.HandleHandInteraction (_u8fJ3xSYrMFV8OURoSBAcBM3JtF packet, Vintagestory.Server.ConnectedClient client) [0x00245] in <8316c93e98ed421da4237893dc4beacf>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.HandleClientPacket (Vintagestory.Server.ConnectedClient client, System.Byte[] data) [0x0005a] in <8316c93e98ed421da4237893dc4beacf>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ProcessNetMessage (Vintagestory.Common.NetIncomingMessage msg, Vintagestory.Common.NetServer mainSocket) [0x00150] in <8316c93e98ed421da4237893dc4beacf>:0 

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Just released 2.3.1 as a fix! I still can't replicate the crash on my own test server, but I'm reasonably sure I traced the issue, and my server's ping is likely just too low to be affected, haha. Please do let me know if it resolves the crash though as I can't actually confirm it myself unfortunately :)

• TeacupAngel changed the title to Bullseye 2.3.1 - slings, animations, and a rebalance!

Version 2.3.2 is out now!

As requested, this branch brings compatibility with WeaponPack Gamma, AnMiTech, and Primitive Tools. More bows and arrows for everyone! Be aware that Bullseye tries to respect balance changes in these mods however, so especially in the case of WeaponPack Gamma, you end up with bows vastly more powerful than vanilla or pretty much any mod out there expects.

This is where the second change may come in handy: new server commands to change the damage of arrows, spears, and slings, either separately or all together! Type /bullseye set arrowDamage 0.5 to cut arrow damage to half, as an example. For the rest of the commands, see the full changelog below!

Changelog:

• New server commands:
    • `/bullseye set arrowDamage 0-1000` - set a multiplier to arrow damage
    • `/bullseye set spearDamage 0-1000` - set a multiplier to spear damage
    • `/bullseye set slingDamage 0-1000` - set a multiplier to sling damage
    • `/bullseye set allDamage 0-1000` - set the arrowDamage, spearDamage, and slingDamage multipliers in one command
  • Added mod compatibility for Primitive Tools, AnMiTech, and WeaponPack Gamma
  • Fixed vanilla break chance appearing 100 times too low in arrow description
  • Weapon ammo type now exposed in json instead of being hardcoded
  • Added mod icon
  • Minor code improvements
  • Like 1

• TeacupAngel changed the title to Bullseye 2.3.2 - compatibility, server config commands!

Something that would be really cool to add:
a change/new recipe to make more than six arrows at once (as there are enough voxels to do so).
I know there are other mods that have this feature, but I don't want to install a whole mod for just a single feature...

And it'd fit well in the theme I think.

7 hours ago, Garjouan said:

Something that would be really cool to add:
a change/new recipe to make more than six arrows at once (as there are enough voxels to do so).
I know there are other mods that have this feature, but I don't want to install a whole mod for just a single feature...

And it'd fit well in the theme I think.

Metal arrowheads can be smithed in batches of 9 at once! I looked into making 9 knapped stone arrowheads before, but they are much bigger than metal ones so I gave up at the time, but I want to try again. If it doesn't work out, I might increase stone arrow durability instead :)

6 hours ago, Peter Sanderson said:

Just installed 2.3.2 to my test server. Steel longbow (none of the reinforced longbows) from Gamma Weapon Pack will not fire, or allow arrow selection

Oh dang, that's a big issue! I tested the steel longbow in particular a whole lot, and haven't seen that problem. My best guess is a bad interaction with another mod, I'm afraid all I can do is ask you for the game logs, so I can try to figure out the issue from there.

1 hour ago, pennedgalaxy said:

I crash when I try and enter a server with any version of this mod after 2.2.4

crash.txt 2.49 kB · 0 downloads

Bullseye is not in the mod list in the log - the game didn't load it at all. It could be because you are on game version 1.16.4, while Bullseye asks for 1.16.5 . Try updating the game and see if it helps! :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rahjital said:

Bullseye is not in the mod list in the log - the game didn't load it at all. It could be because you are on game version 1.16.4, while Bullseye asks for 1.16.5 . Try updating the game and see if it helps! :)

Oh my god XD Thank you, the issue is fixed now, can't believe the issue was so simple XD

16 hours ago, Peter Sanderson said:

Just installed 2.3.2 to my test server. Steel longbow (none of the reinforced longbows) from Gamma Weapon Pack will not fire, or allow arrow selection

I tested it on a different server and managed to get this issue to happen now. Unfortunately it's a bug in the game itself I'm not sure what to do about yet... You might need to downgrade back to 2.3.1 for the moment if you want the bows from Gamma Pack to work like they used to, I'm afraid :(

3 hours ago, pennedgalaxy said:

Oh my god XD Thank you, the issue is fixed now, can't believe the issue was so simple XD

Glad that made it work! ^^

19 hours ago, Rahjital said:

Metal arrowheads can be smithed in batches of 9 at once! I looked into making 9 knapped stone arrowheads before, but they are much bigger than metal ones so I gave up at the time, but I want to try again. If it doesn't work out, I might increase stone arrow durability instead :)

Ah, cool. Though my problem was that I wanted to produce a larger amount of flint heads. Durability is good, but if you run out of arrows, that doesn't help much.

I also found a bug. when crafting with clay, I get a new mold, but the name is shown as bullseye:...
(not gonna write what it is exactly, in case that's a secret/surprise so far).

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 9:13 PM, Garjouan said:

Ah, cool. Though my problem was that I wanted to produce a larger amount of flint heads. Durability is good, but if you run out of arrows, that doesn't help much.

It'd definitely make things easier for me balance-wise as well. I still want to look at it again in the future, and maybe cheat a little if I need to, haha - add an extra row of voxels to fit three more arrowheads in, maybe.

On 5/15/2022 at 9:13 PM, Garjouan said:

I also found a bug. when crafting with clay, I get a new mold, but the name is shown as bullseye:...
(not gonna write what it is exactly, in case that's a secret/surprise so far).

Whoops, that recipe was meant to be turned off, haha! Thank you for letting me know. It's not really a secret, just very much unfinished and untested so I haven't really talked about it yet. I'll remove the recipe in the next patch until it's done, but it should be safe to keep it around so I don't think you need to get rid of it if you've already made one or more :)

Edited by Rahjital
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 6:35 PM, Peter Sanderson said:

Sorry about the issues! I now have a mod out (https://mods.vintagestory.at/compatibilityfix) to fix the bug that causes it.

I'd recommend anyone who plays with AnMiTech, Weapons Pack Gamma, Primitive Tools, Lichen, and Ore Crystals to get the mod, as it will make mod compatibility work better. It's even useful for other mods like Bricklayers and its compatibility with CarryCapacity!

• Like 1

Found a bug that kept overloading on the server I'm a part of, if I died whilst still aiming my bow there's a high chance this would get thrown at the server and I'd be unable to join plus the server would simply repeat this until a shut down resolved it

unknown.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.