Homesteading balance and stability patch #2 (v1.15.6-rc.3)

Tyron

Dear Community
v1.15.6-rc.3, a unstable release, can now be downloaded through the account manager.

2021-09-20_17-07-11.thumb.png.5b2551ff6ad2d867a4ac9cd519b4575f.png
Screenshot by Daag

Game updates since rc.2

• Tweak: Glacier ice can now also be chiseled (but still needs some visual improvements)
  • Fixed: Not able to place wallpaper on chiseled blocks
  • Fixed: Removing the last sand/bony soil layer not making water flow
  • Fixed: Shift + Left click items from creative inventory lag spike when inventory was full
  • Fixed: Entities at the edge of int.MaxValue or int.MinValue caused the server to freeze
  • Fixed: Crash introduced in 1.15-6.rc.1
  • Fixed: Animals that seek out players did not respect the players crouching state, which is supposed to reduce the detection range by 40%
  • Fixed: Game crashing during knapping
  • Fixed: Mantle block had wrong the block material
  • Fixed: Potential race condition crash in the world map (might fix the crash the player Purple Heart experienced)
  • Fixed: Game crashing when looking up logs in the handbook, introduced in 1.15.6-rc.1

View full record

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tyron said:
  • Fixed: Animals that seek out players did not respect the players crouching state, which is supposed to reduce the detection range by 40%

I wonder if this applies to drifters as well? Yesterday was digging some Sulfur in cave and did that using SHIFT key, as it was low positioned all the time. And drifter seemed not to notice me for a long time although i moved closer to him. Later, when was droping some items to free inventory, character stood up and they charged me right away. Did not have time to test that more but i never thought to try sneaking around drifter till this happened. :)

1 hour ago, Filip Nowak said:

Many thanks, Tyron! I'm happy to read this fix! 🤩 
Does it mean that also carpets can be placed to chiseled blocks as well? My floors are often made of chiseled blocks, because beneath is some decorative ceiling on the lower floor.

Yes, all decor blocks are affected by this change 👍

25 minutes ago, Domkrats said:

I wonder if this applies to drifters as well? Yesterday was digging some Sulfur in cave and did that using SHIFT key, as it was low positioned all the time. And drifter seemed not to notice me for a long time although i moved closer to him. Later, when was droping some items to free inventory, character stood up and they charged me right away. Did not have time to test that more but i never thought to try sneaking around drifter till this happened. :)

Should have, yes. The malefactor reduced detection trait still worked though.

• Amazing! 2

Ideally the bug report subforum or github. I see bugs from both getting fixed, not sure if there's an internal priority.

In any case though, think less about where you put it and more about what you put in there. The majority of all bug reports are of such poor quality that gleaning any information at all from them is a challenge that might well be impossible, or may take more time than fixing the bug itself. Attaching a relevant log is a start, but if you really want to help, you can do better.

• Clearly state your game version and OS. Clearly state if you're using mods.
  • Don't report a one-time 'ghost issue' unless it's particularly crippling. Try to figure out what made it happen, and try to force it to happen again.
  • Write down how you made it happen again. In great detail. There can't possibly be too much detail here.
  • If you managed to make it happen again, start a new world at default settings and with zero mods. Try to make it happen again. Describe the result.
  • Provide screenshots if you suspect that they might help illustrate what you want the devs to see. If you're set up to record video (for example, you stream or do Youtube content), a video is even better than a screenshot.
  • Watch your bug report and be prepared to answer questions you get. Even if it takes a week or more for questiosn to come in. Sometimes Tyron is on vacation, or he does focused bugfixing sprints once every so often but works on new features at other times.
  • If you cannot make a bug in a modded game happen again in a new save without mods, don't report it as a bug! Try to find out which mod, or which combination of them, causes it to happen, then go to the mod threads in question and report it there.
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.