Mechanical elevator

sharptile

On 8/1/2022 at 2:06 AM, sharptile said:

a craftable wooden platform with a frame that has a rope attached to the top

that can be brought up or down using mechanical power that is spinning a spool 

(im bad at explaining things so if anyone understands and can explain better then let me know)

Why?

For decoration? To serve a purpose? Just to be cool? To tie into other mechanical devices?

And would it be quicker or slower than a ladder?

On 8/9/2022 at 1:03 PM, Professor Dragon said:

Why?

For decoration? To serve a purpose? Just to be cool? To tie into other mechanical devices?

-for elevating purposes

-if done properly an elevator can be part of decoration

-yes elevators are primarily used for vertical transport

-it could be cool if implemented properly in a build

-well now that you mention it  i usually build my mechanical stuff high in the air for wind power so it could be used to elevate people up to the platform so yes it could be tied into other devices 

-yes it would be faster than ladders else it wouldnt have much use

Edited by sharptile
apparently i cant write and proofread my own text before sending it so im fixing some typing mistakes
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Professor Dragon said:

Why?

Why do you need an elevator? In a Minecraft-style survival game where you often go digging around for lots of loot and resources? Where people often make homes high up in the mountaintops? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Why do you need an elevator? In a Minecraft-style survival game where you often go digging around for lots of loot and resources? Where people often make homes high up in the mountaintops? 

yeah man idk why people dont enjoy painfully climbing up to their houses every time theyre done mining and stuff XD

i personally LOVE the dreadful walk all the way up and down the mountain every time i need to do absolutely anything in the game besides building my house and even then i compensate my relaxing build by doing some hardcore hiking up and down the mountain for additional building blocks while getting chased by at least 2 wolves and 3 drifters in the middle of the night while the rift activity is high and or during a temporal storm

10 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

That's hardcore. I should play on your settings!

oh you know.
-just have mobs do 400% damage (and give the player max possible HP(35) for compensation but if you want you can leave it at default(15) if you want to practice for playing DarkSouls),
-have temporal storms every 3-6 days that gradually get worse with a max amplitude of 200%,
-have soil and every possible block you can make have physics actually HAVE physics,
-if you want you can make every month have 30 days so when winter arrives you will be royally screwed if you dont hoard some food,
-maybe even set food spoilage speed to super high to ensure you actually wont have any food when winter arrives(not using that because i feel like food spoils fast enough for it to be hard to store),
-set temporal gear uses to a limited amount(not a setting im playing with though),
-speaking of limited amount! why not just give yourself a limited amount of lives!(also a setting im not using because i knew i would be dying a LOT),
-if you enjoy the warped shader that the temporal storms have you can set the storm length to max too(not using that cuz of chiselling reasons),
-set most cubical blocks to chisell-able(because yes and IDK why thats not a default setting to be honest),
-you could also set your spawn in the siberian area to absolutely reduce your chances of living(again not using that because i have the game to be playable and not on ''waterboard me harder daddy'' setting),
-have a forest world start and when you start set the forest on fire(only do that if you want your PC to scream at you for 4+ hours till everything settles...totally didnt do that),
-i set my character to have high cold resistance just cuz it doesnt affect anything in the current version but if you want to play it even in 1.17 then set your character to be really sensitive to low temperatures to force you to either freeze a lot or make a lot of clothes
-basically just go through the settings and go ham with all the possible ways you can make your VS experience feel like a trip through Auschwitz
-and lastly share your pain by playing with a friend so you can both scream and rage at the horrible decisions you two made in life

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, l33tmaan said:

Your post should be in its own thread and pinned to the forum. Great ideas. I'll do all of them.

if you actually do all of them then send pics and maybe even do a letsplay since 20 lives in a hardcore world should be under 10 episodes so not much work editing wise

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.