Are graves really vanilla?

Thorfinn

Or do they belong to some mod?

Two of the guys who work for me swear it's now a vanilla thing, but I can't hardly believe it. The rest of the game seems to be hard-core avoidance of skipping ages, with the exception of some tin-bronze tools in cracked vessels here and there. I was running around in their world, stumbled across a grave, and it held a complete, undamaged set of copper lammelar, plus a bronze falx of some kind. Several other items that I could probably sell for decent scratch. That just seems an absurd day 1 find based on the rest of the game's balance.

So vanilla or mod? I was thinking there was some way I used to be able to see the mod from the Block Info, but maybe that was from a mod, too. Do you know an easy way I can tell which mods a given block/item is from?

Yeah, they are pretty, but I have a "look but don't touch" when I play in servers with that mod installed. While you can still make a day 1 bucket, at least making wooden trunks on day 1 is no longer possible. I think. I've not found any complete anvils yet. Ingots, yes, hammers, yes, but no functional anvils. Well, until someone decides to mod in a nails and strips drop on rabbits or chickens carrying anvils or something. Fortunately, you can set books and scrolls down right next to the partially collapsed trunk where you found them, so you can get the Better Ruins lore without preventing others on the server from also reading the added lore. Thing is, even with their new companion mod, which changes the loot, it does not appear to affect the placed loot. So a fairly small hut in the middle of nowhere can still have fancy beds, storage vessels, torch holders, lead glass windows, advanced tools in tool racks, iron doors, etc.

But that's why I wondered whether tombstones were part of Better Ruins, even though the guys who are running the server insist it's just a part of vanilla I've not yet encountered. There was just so much loot!

Is there a way to get more detailed information from the hover? Specifically, which mod it's from? Seems to me I used to be able to see that something was from Primitive Survival or Expanded Foods or whatnot, but maybe that was through Survival Categories...

Maybe it does. I just don't know where to find that, evidently. It doesn't say it in the block info at the top of the screen. It just says "Tombstone" or something like that. Maybe I have to collect it and put it in my inventory to look it up in the handbook?

Yeah, I checked out the Better Ruins Loot Nerf mod last night. It adjusts things in chests, but all the placed items are still there, free for the taking. Land claim has always seemed to me to be a workaround to make your world less subject to jerks, but maybe that's what the Better Ruins needs. At least a config for it. It's used for traders, so why not? At least it gets rid of day 1 lanterns and iron doors (that you don't really need until Steel, but still...) and chests and other things of that type that would otherwise require some effort and fleshing out the tech tree to have.

Even though it's pretty, I have to choose between Better Ruins and view distance above about 512. I can't have both. 1024 is right out. Probably busy generating so many ruins in that area.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.