More temporal gear farming options

DrTenabrae

Can we get another source of temporal gears ? Traders selling them more ? Locusts or locust nests having a drop chance ? Something we can more reliably farm than drifters (locusts having them would also give us a reason not to destroy their nests and come back later... which if there's a mechanic for locusts spreading eventually......)

The drop rate on temporal gears is awful. When you needed one to set a spawn it was ok... now we need 3 at a time it's insufficient. Now that we can't carry enough food to explore long distances we need translocators. The game has changed, for anyone who doesn't want to just sit in their base all day, temporal gears are now a necessity.

• 3 months later...

I have built a drifter drop that works rather well It nets me a rather nice haul in fiber and gears when I bother to go check it. I wanted to do the same for rabits but turns out you have to skin them before they drop anything so landing them on a hopper over a chest from 30 blocks up doesnt work as well as it does on the drifters:)

5 hours ago, MICHAEL CAMPBELL said:

I wanted to do the same for rabits but turns out you have to skin them before they drop anything so landing them on a hopper over a chest from 30 blocks up doesnt work as well as it does on the drifters:)

Also, animals that die from a fall (or are killed by other animals) yield less goods than if you kill them personally.

• 3 weeks later...

I Think its fine as well. I like to build  spawn drop structures with hoppers at the bottom and find that you can even skip farming for flax. you can end up on a daily basis with about 1 to three temporal gears 8 to 12 regular gears or coin and between half and a full stack of flax fiber in a 24 hour game day its quite nice:) save the Preta for some other crop:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.