falx has increased mining speed but can't mine anything

BlockHead_17
Go to solution Solved by Streetwind,

• Solution

Nope.

Swords used to be a tool like any other before they got a rework into having a specific swing animation. You used to be able to spam-hit enemies.
...which was less ideal than you might think, because you wasted durability on i-framed enemies, and the sound it produced distinctly felt like you were gently but insistently slapping their fleshy little buttocks. Slapslapslapslapslap.

So I think you can definitely file this under legacy leftovers.

• Like 1

So not a  reskinned axe, a reskinned sword?

I never did think to check how good it is at harvesting branchy leaves. Seemed to me it was taking up durability way too fast to be worth the copper. I take it that it still does that? Is it that much better than a stone (obsidian) axe?

I wasn't all that impressed by its drifter-slaying. I tend to stick with flint or obsidian spears the entire game, and have an axe in case I absolutely have to melee. But drifters hit so hard I'd rather just run away, even if I probably won't get back before I lose a half-dozen flint spears to despawn.

[EDIT]

Oh, or do you mean harvesting flax from them instead of melee? The leaf-cutting speed is used as drifter-dissection speed? That could  be useful. If you could shave 20-30% off loot time during a storm, that would make quite a difference.

[/EDIT]

Edited by Thorfinn

Recently slew drifters in a night of high rift activity.  Went 15 straight corpses with not a thing!  I garnered a whole whopping 1 flax in the next 5 drifters.  5% drop rate for ANY item is a bit ridiculous.  But I think I was paying back karma to RNGods as I got my first temporal gear of the world on the 10 drifter corpse in the world.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.