is there a way to disable console commands? or lock the gamemode somehow?

LARZ1ST

so i have a habit of changing to gamemode 2 whenever i struggle to find a resource or get impatient with a task. or using /tp to save time. i saw gamemode used once while watching a tutorial and it was great at first for me to learn the different mechanics and resources of the game but soon i found i was turning to it for even simple things like building a wall to keep drifters out or giving myself some starter tools instead of looking for surface copper. thats when i joined an online server and had to do everything without commands and i loved it. i had to learn how to find ores using the pro pick, i even built a large forge with helve hammers and made full sets of armour for myself and a couple others. Even the struggle of having to pack up a ton of food and walk for hours around the map to find a certain biome to get 1 resource was fun because it gave a sense of accomplishment when i finally found it.

so what im getting at is the server shut down and i lost around 200hours of work. no hard feelings towards the owner they have their reasons im sure. but i havnt found a server i like as much as i did that one. so i would like to have that level of immersion in single player and be able to work on things at my own pace. i briefly looked through the config files and searched online but couldnt find anything. so if someone knows of a way or can help out i would really appreciate it

If you want to disable creative mode in your single player world, there is a setting you can change to do that.

Assuming your install is in the default location, you will find your local server config here: %Appdata%/VintagestoryData/serverconfig.json

In that file do a search for:  AllowCreativeMode

And change its value from true to false

Now when you start your singleplayer world, you should not be able to turn on creative mode.

Hope that helps.

Unfortunately this did not work, but i suspect it could be an issue with my files. ill install the game on a fresh install of windows and see if it works then and get back to this with the results.

In singleplayer, you are always admin, and I don't think you can take those privileges away.

But you could use a local server instead. The downside will be that you have to start two programs instead of one when you want to play, and that pressing ESC will no longer pause the game. In return, the server config that Ape mentioned will actually work, and you can demote yourself to a regular player instead of an admin.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.