What a wonderful game

LazyDrifter

Hello, this is my first post on these forums. Just wanted to say that this game is awesome in every way! Thank you, VS team and contributors, for this great experience! And Kudos to whoever created the very catchy title song. It's hard for me to start the game when I hear it. :)

• Like 7
  • Cookie time 1

Hello there, I found this forum discussion by name "What a wonderful game" and I think that this place is good for my post. I want to give a many thanks to developers of this beautiful game so I will do it here. I bough this great piece of code before a few days and I am amazed every few seconds of playing this one. Im enjoing all details that this game have. I am bowing before developers, which musted do a lot of work to catch all this details in this one game. I am developer too, not games, but desktop applications, webs, etc. I am trying now work and learning Unity engine and I can now say that it isnt easy work. Many thanks to you again. And I hope that your work will not end now and continue to finish (Not that this game looks unfinished) this master piece. I am looking forward for any updates you post.

Best regards, Jakub

Thought I would add to this too.

This game is so wonderful, and I want to express my heartfelt appreciation to the creators and developers.

A little history...

It was suggested to me that I try Minecraft, but looking into it, it requires a microsoft account to play, and as a old school gamer and Linux operating system user, I despise this form of gatekeeping and manipulation of pulling someone into their ecosystem. Doing some more research, I found the open source voxel game engine, Minetest. I installed that and the Mineclonia game and gave it a whirl. I found it just ok, not amazing. Then Vintage Story was suggested, and I could not find anyone really saying anything bad about it, and watching a video on youtube talking about the brutal survival aspects of it, I was drawn in, and I have not been disappointed!

I'm going to make a few suggestions in another part of the forum, and ask some questions.

Thanks again for such a wonderful game, and also having the ethics and morals to have the high standards you use and openly post on your front page. This is the sort of thing I am happy to to pay for and support!

• Like 4

On 3/30/2024 at 12:49 PM, jumpityjumpjump said:

Thanks again for such a wonderful game, and also having the ethics and morals to have the high standards you use and openly post on your front page. This is the sort of thing I am happy to to pay for and support!

Definitely! I was really lucky that a reddit user in an Empyrion subreddit mentioned how he stopped playing EGS and Space Engineers months ago after he picked up Vintage Story and wasn't able to put it down ever since. I've only been playing this game for a week or so but I can very much relate to this.

• Like 1

I would like to share my appreciation for this game here too.
This game really is what I always wanted Minecraft to be. I spent so long looking at modpacks but nothing could ever give me this level of cohesion or feeling of soul in a game until one day YouTube randomly recommended me a video of this game and I luckily decided to watch it.
I would say that without a doubt that this is one of my favourite games, if not my favourite game out there.
The really interesting lore and world, the sheer freedom of creativity that chiselling and clutter offers, the cool fashion, the realistic gameplay, the fact that progression is genuinely difficult but also really rewarding, and how easy this game is to play with friends. (Glaring disapprovingly at Minecraft on this one especially).
Myself and my friends have been playing together in a server, and we are all having an absolute blast!

I love building structures and designing my character in games, making up my own lore for the world I'm playing in, and this game is amazing for it's ability to do that.

This is literally the perfect sandbox, and I would like to thank the developers for making this amazing game. :D 

I'll join the dogpile of compliments myself.

A few months before I heard of Vintage Story (thanks @Vallen for your Utoob video introducing me to this wonderful game) I described a mod for that other popular block game in which one punched leaves to get sticks, dug in dirt or gravel for flint to craft an be able to craft an axe, spear and shovel to acquire wood and bones (hunting with the spear) to then scratch at iron bearing stone which would allow for the rest of tools to be crafted.  Little did I know I was describing this most wonderful game.  Once I watched the first video on utoob, I knew I had found the game I wanted.  Hundreds of hours of game play later and I'm no more bored than I was after the first hour of frustration climbing the learning curve.

I will add my notes too.
I really like survival and exploration games. My whole life I am pretty much into them... and it's decades already! :)

What a nice surprise was to discover this game. It's so clever combination of medieval-like, survival and exploration; maybe best I have ever seen.
It surprised me with its complexity, but not at the cost being fun to play. Complexity is well served with a mix of technological gating and exploration necessity.
Which is good, because you cannot actually rush the game. You have to learn in longer cycles. You need to prospect and know your neighborhood.
Some stuff happens over days or months, while you are (gently) kept busy with something else.

Lore and its references are omnipresent, but not obtrusive. I enjoy survival aspects, until I decide to discover little bit more. Nobody is telling me when.
Overall, game design is just excellent!  I think other game devs should study VS how to make good game mechanics.

I wish VS more of success. Maybe Steam presence would help? Not sure. I just randomly bumped into VS on Youtube.
Which is a bit of shame, since not all are that fortunate.

• Like 1

Fortunately, if you told just one new person every day from here on out, and he told just one new person, and so on, in a little more than a month, there would be no one on earth who didn't know about this wonderful game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.