Is this a bug? - Above ground infinite water block

I went to go water my one and only cabbage plant, and accidentally used a bucket, and ended up with a infinite water block, above ground. This would seem like it should not be possible. On top of that it creates a loophole in farming game mechanics of not having to have a nearby in ground water source. The cabbage plant is still growing in this block of water.

This is in version 1.19.5 installed via Flatpak on Manjaro XFCE Linux.

IMG_0640.JPG

No programming bugs.  What you got there is a rare aquatic cabbage.  Looks like a fresh water aquatic cabbage at that.

To prevent propagation of aquatic vegetables and grains it is highly recommended you take care with the water in your bucket.  Apparently, seraphs are something of a sorcerer's apprentice.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice': The genesis of 'Fantasia'

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! That is an old movie reference!

I've since upgraded to 1.19.7, and am in a new base much further south in a warmer biome. I accidentally poured a bucket of water on my base floor, and it reacted as expected of spreading outwards from an infinite water source. I'll have to try this again on tilled ground with a vegetable growing to see if the same thing happens as above.

2024-04-24_12-18-15.thumb.png.b5dee81bddef9c3ea94bb721329316b4.pnggg

Still seems to be a problem on 1.19.7. Though it does not appear to add moisture to the tilled land. I also accidentally emptied a bucket nearby on grass, and the spreading of the infinite water block all around it got on some of the crops, which I noticed that this did not add moisture to the tilled land either which would seem to be correct.

Nice to know it does not add moisture. Though it wouldn't make that much difference. If it worked, it just means that you need to use of 0/9 blocks in your farm for water, instead of 1/9. And it's not like space is an issue.

Not flowing out of the crop into adjacent tiles is interesting. Can't see right off-hand how it could be exploited, but I'm sure someone can. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.