POV: You're a drifter...

LadyWYT

What do you do in order to annoy the player and advance the cause of Rust? 🤣 Any special strategies or items you keep on you to help with achieving your goal? And how are you going to make Dave proud?

(Inspired by a corny idea for a special drifter class that unlocks after the player completes the game's entire story, in which the main gimmick is the rules on temporal stability are completely reversed.)

• Like 2

Throw beenades instead of rocks and beenade snowballs in winter.
When encountering a Seraph, pull a rusty gear from my flesh and throw it at them with expert accuracy and ease, spinning like a shuriken mid-air.
Use a temporal gear that I am magically carrying on myself to set my respawn point to right next to their respawn point. Whenever they kill me, I just reappear.

Keep a little iron oxide in my pockets at all times. Spread the rust like pixie dust, skipping around and groaning with glee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Set up a sand platform over a shallow cave mouth that will cause such a landslide that carries the seraph to the depths of the cave; doing so in an area that is highly unstable at the surface.  Make sure the cave has many areas of two+ block height to make climbing out of the cave take longer.  I'd use rusty gears for projectiles as temporal ones give benefit to the seraph to replenish their depleting stability.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Like 3

On 6/5/2024 at 7:03 AM, ifoz said:

Keep a little iron oxide in my pockets at all times. Spread the rust like pixie dust, skipping around and groaning with glee.

Huh, so that's what they're doing when they're flailing about!

23 hours ago, Oscilation said:

Get the killing hit on any creature a Seraph is already hunting

Devious!

I think what I'd do is first make sure that I'm using the best rocks for my weapons. The shiny sky rocks should do the trick, or maybe the salty pink ones. That way the target can see that it's something they really want, but can never pick up after I throw it! 😁

Also can't forget leaving a trail of rusty gears deep into a cave system. The deeper the better, and make sure nobody attacks them as they go further in. At the end, I'll stick a bell, ideally behind a wall or somewhere else it can't be easily reached. Then let the fun begin!

Of course, there's always the tried and true method of getting the rift to open up near a seraph's basement or cellar, and spawning it to make a lot of noise. It gets even more effective if me and the boys unseal all the crocks stored there too! 😈

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I dance around just out of melee reach, but behind an object so they can't hit me with arrows either. Then when they turn around, I start throwing rocks with the accuracy of baseball legends. That'll really annoy the heck outta them! Remember, only throw rocks when their backs are turned. Seraphs are sight-based creatures so if you stop moving, they can't see you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.