XLib and XSkills

Xandu

Please, add separate download, with source versions of patched files for skill experience levels.

At this moment there is only pure/medium/rich/bountiful/ungraded experience grades, but, as example, brown coal are very common, bituminous much rarer, and anthracite is very rare, but all of them give same experience. Same things with metals: copper are very common. Tin are rare. IMHO, rare version of ores must give more experience.

I can try to restore unpatched versions from patched, but, i believe, it can be useful not only for me.

Also... Is there any way to exclude or add ores to geologist ability?

3 hours ago, Digitalr said:

Also... Is there any way to exclude or add ores to geologist ability?

Yes there is a "geologistBlacklist" in the mining configuration file. Just add something like "nativecopper" there to exclude copper.

3 hours ago, Digitalr said:

Please, add separate download, with source versions of patched files for skill experience levels.

At this moment there is only pure/medium/rich/bountiful/ungraded experience grades, but, as example, brown coal are very common, bituminous much rarer, and anthracite is very rare, but all of them give same experience. Same things with metals: copper are very common. Tin are rare. IMHO, rare version of ores must give more experience.

I can try to restore unpatched versions from patched, but, i believe, it can be useful not only for me.

I will probably work on the ore experience distribution.

Perhaps a small objection, many professions or their skills can only be leveled if you have the professional skill. But you first need level 5 in the area, so you can't do anything with the points until then. Wouldn't it make more sense to put the professions on level 1? So that you could "start" with this profession?

I'm not sure if this problem is on my end or what, but I've went heavily into metalworking on the server I play on and got the "Smelter" perk (molds require 10% less metal to cast at first level). I then went to cast some things to try it out and the mold said it still needs 100 units of metal, so I did some digging in the .json files that hold the perks and couldn't find the smelter perk. So I'd just like to know if its an error, future feature, or I just screwed something up lol

6 minutes ago, zambies1 said:

I'm not sure if this problem is on my end or what, but I've went heavily into metalworking on the server I play on and got the "Smelter" perk (molds require 10% less metal to cast at first level). I then went to cast some things to try it out and the mold said it still needs 100 units of metal, so I did some digging in the .json files that hold the perks and couldn't find the smelter perk. So I'd just like to know if its an error, future feature, or I just screwed something up lol

Hi. The mold still says 100 but if you actually cast metal into it you should only need 90. This works not for ingot molds, since then you could create an infinite metal loop. The way it works is that you will get 1 extra liquid metal for every 9 liquid metal you will put into the mold.

4 hours ago, Hexedian said:

It's kind of funny but... Is Happy Meal supposed to add Fly Agaric? Sure, it's valid, but it's not great to find in your stew...

Well it just adds a random ingredient, so yes it is kind of intentional. It's just bad luck. Maybe i will add a filter or something later.

On 2/17/2021 at 3:15 AM, Xandu said:

Hi. The mold still says 100 but if you actually cast metal into it you should only need 90. This works not for ingot molds, since then you could create an infinite metal loop. The way it works is that you will get 1 extra liquid metal for every 9 liquid metal you will put into the mold.

Is there a way to add molds to the skill perk such as the wire mold from temporal engineering or weapon pack?

1 hour ago, Question Sleep said:

Is there a way to add molds to the skill perk such as the wire mold from temporal engineering or weapon pack?

As long as the author of the other mod uses the BlockToolMold class respectively it's entity class BlockEntityToolMold or inherit from them the molds should work with the ability. 

Have you already tried to use one of them with the ability?

14 minutes ago, Xandu said:

As long as the author of the other mod uses the BlockToolMold class respectively it's entity class BlockEntityToolMold or inherit from them the molds should work with the ability. 

Have you already tried to use one of them with the ability?

I am not sure if another mod is blocking it but the wires mold acts like ingot molds. 1/3 smelter 100 units fill one mold with no extra, while standard molds, like the hammers, fill 100 units plus 10 remaining still.

Where would I check for the entity class? Under the itemtypes, blocktypes, or recipes? 

nvm

its burned value is "BlockToolMold"

Edited by Question Sleep

22 minutes ago, Question Sleep said:

I am not sure if another mod is blocking it but the wires mold acts like ingot molds. 1/3 smelter 100 units fill one mold with no extra, while standard molds, like the hammers, fill 100 units plus 10 remaining still.

Where would I check for the entity class? Under the itemtypes, blocktypes, or recipes? 

nvm

its burned value is "BlockToolMold"

Ok. In this case i have to do some tests by myself.

10 minutes ago, Question Sleep said:

It is working on the weapon pack (from Mr1k3) just not on wires in temporal engineering (from Niker323) for me at the moment.

I figured out what is going on. Everything works as intended. The wires are resmeltable so you can't profit from the ability since you could create a wire from 0,9 ingot bars and than smelt the wires again to one new ingot which creates an infinite ingot loop. So it triggers an internal check that prohibit that the ability is triggered.

Maybe include panning/ hunting / and harvesting animals in processing  or at least hunting included with combat

because it kind defeat the purpose to choose a hunter or some role like that if half the class gives you nothing in terms of xp

for odd reason can't get xp from digging most type of soils  and veeery little xp from rare digs

1 hour ago, Platidragon said:

Maybe include panning/ hunting / and harvesting animals in processing  or at least hunting included with combat

because it kind defeat the purpose to choose a hunter or some role like that if half the class gives you nothing in terms of xp

for odd reason can't get xp from digging most type of soils  and veeery little xp from rare digs

I am currently working on an animal husbandry skill. But at the moment i don't have much free time to work on it. You usually get little amounts of experience for this skill. It is more the quantity that matters for this skill. But you should get experience for all soils. Do you have any mod that add new soil's or add behaviors to soil?

I seem to have trouble changing the configs for a server, sometimes I can get a change to stick, but I am unable to disable any skills so far.  I want to disable recycler as I am using a farmland drop mod instead.  I have tried stopping the server, changing configs, and starting the server; I have also tried changing the configs while the server is active and restarting it.  IDK how I got the previous change (no points or cooldown for unlearning) to stick, it just seemed to happen randomly. 

Is there a specific sequence that I need to preform to make a change to the configs persist and activate through server restarts?

16 hours ago, DragooKnight11 said:

I seem to have trouble changing the configs for a server, sometimes I can get a change to stick, but I am unable to disable any skills so far.  I want to disable recycler as I am using a farmland drop mod instead.  I have tried stopping the server, changing configs, and starting the server; I have also tried changing the configs while the server is active and restarting it.  IDK how I got the previous change (no points or cooldown for unlearning) to stick, it just seemed to happen randomly. 

Is there a specific sequence that I need to preform to make a change to the configs persist and activate through server restarts?

I'm sorry. This seems to be a bug. For some reason it reset the 'enabled' setting every time back to true.

The points or cooldown for unlearning settings work for me. But i look whether i can find any issues there.

Edited by Xandu

After much sciencing, hitting each others with spears and swords, with no armor, and taking into consideration class bonuses, we have come to the following conclusion :

The combat abilities Swordsman and Spearman do not give any damage bonus at all. There was no difference in damage before and after taking the abilities, even for players with 3 points in the abilities.

On 2/26/2021 at 6:37 PM, Hexedian said:

After much sciencing, hitting each others with spears and swords, with no armor, and taking into consideration class bonuses, we have come to the following conclusion :

The combat abilities Swordsman and Spearman do not give any damage bonus at all. There was no difference in damage before and after taking the abilities, even for players with 3 points in the abilities.

Do you have enabled the combat abilities for pvp in the config files?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.