Electricity System

Sedrowow Chaos

I heard you developers like Minecraft... So i thought: why not adding a redstone like system? it would make some things MAYBE easier. like automated farming, smithing, crafting, etc... it would be as great as minecraft itself! more creativity... Also to mention that i could be a bit different, more realistic, like: battery, lcd displays, and colored leds...

But the devolopers don't like easier lol

And if they wanted to make a copy on Minecraft, that's what they'd do. 

Their goal is more for realistic, and at its current stage the game is hardly into the iron age. Arguably it's still in the bronze age, putting electricity well out of reach for now. It may be something they get to in the very distant future, but certainly not anytime soon. 

They already have other types of automation in their roadmap, but it's all mechanical based, not electrical based. 

It's also reasonable to assume that if it's a thing in Minecraft, they've thought of it and already decided they will or won't do it. No need to suggest things from Minecraft. 

• Like 4

I like the mechanical power in VS but I hope that electrical power will be introduced. 

Rather for automation I hope to be able to use electricity for lighting and material processing. In particular, electricity is necessary to make aluminum out bauxite.

PS. Also steam power would be great 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yukihira_S said:

I like the mechanical power in VS but I hope that electrical power will be introduced. 

Rather for automation I hope to be able to use electricity for lighting and material processing. In particular, electricity is necessary to make aluminum out bauxite.

PS. Also steam power would be great 

I'd prefer steam power come first.

If/when electrical power is brought to the game I hope it won't be as simple as finding "redstone" and using it as is.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sparkle Kitti said:

I'd prefer steam power come first.

If/when electrical power is brought to the game I hope it won't be as simple as finding "redstone" and using it as is.

I agree. I never really liked that magical redstone thing in Minecraft.

In VS we already have everything is needed to make electricity. For example, Sulphur can be used to make sulphuric acid which, combined with lead, make accumulators.

• 1 year later...

For the ones who like electricity more than mechanics, I can recommend QPtech Mod. Basic stuff is in there, but not to overloaded with unnecessary gimmicks. Great mod but kind of unbalanced compared with mechanics. Makes the game a little less challenging, but is fun to play with.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2020 at 5:58 PM, Yukihira_S said:

it has been said several times by the devs already, officially there won't be electricity as vanilla tech level development will end with steam age. and mechanical power (including steam power) is already the equivalent to MCs redstone BUT modders are free to implement electricity or even nuclear power or more futuristic stuff.

On 3/22/2020 at 10:29 AM, Yukihira_S said:

In VS we already have everything is needed to make electricity. For example, Sulphur can be used to make sulphuric acid which, combined with lead, make accumulators.

yes devs want to implement even stuff that vanilla tech won't need, so that there won't be such a chaos like with MCs different modded coppers (before 1.17, there was no official copper and several mods added their own copper that needed conversion if you wanted to use it across mods) and other ores and metals.
one example for such a metal is lead which up to now has practically no use in vanilla VS, even less useful in vanilla VS are and potentially will always be: gemstones, chromium, platinum, rhodium and uranium....

Edited by Hal13

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.