Medieval expansion

Rhonen

@Aledark may be add so many rows as a file or a spoile block.

i can not confirm that this memory-leak is coming by medieval-expansion mod. i have no logs in client-main nor in client-debug.
Debug with memory information:
before start a game instance;
grafik.png.baba2472faa958512ee200ecd0d82af6.png

running instance

grafik.png.c885e0a09e425c2f301c19b206c14099.png

stop instance

grafik.png.c6796797f489ebea09a9e347caaa38c2.png

so the mod is not producing any memory leak.
i had that bug in one of the mid 1.14.x version, but that is gone for a long time.

Edited by Rhonen
  • Like 1

@Aledark
Please report problems in Forum so i got a notification.

No animation for when bulls attack/charge you.

Thanks for reporting i will investigate whats wrong.

On servers, death message is soandso got killed by prefixandcreature-aurochsmale

This is known and investigated. After request in then mod-support-channel there was no answer if i can do anything there, that the dead-notification is handle it correctly - there is no sepereate Death-Message declaration for animals.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Rhonen!  Been a huge fan of your mod for a while - I just came back to VS after a break and I find you have added Aurochs!  I've been able to corral a family unit (bull, 2 cows, and a calf), but I cannot get them to eat from a trough.  Do they require a specific food type (other than the grains that pigs and sheep can eat)?

Edited by Zaurkahn

Very minor stuff

in your guide for Room cooling - cellar ice

the word pileapple should be : pile-able

For the recipe to make cellar ice you cant use lake ice because only way to salvage it is to chisel it once but the recipe doesnt take chiseled lake ice, need the lake ice from the creative menu to work. Works super well with glacier ice tough :)

For your second guide for Aurochs domestication

-Caggage should be Cabbages

2021-08-15_01-30-21.png

• Haha 1

A bug with Aurochs bulls: they don't register when they eat from troughs. I have a pen with 2 cows and a bull, both cows eat the hay and it shows they have x amounts of portions eaten. The bull does not have have a sound when he eats from trough and also does not show they have eaten any portions.

5 hours ago, Roth said:

A bug with Aurochs bulls: they don't register when they eat from troughs.

seems that Cabbage and Straw. Dry Gras (Hay) is working fine. Do not realy understand what is wrong, but i am on investigation for that.
So, use a Large Though and dry gras / hay. Thats working for us.

21 hours ago, Rhonen said:

seems that Cabbage and Straw. Dry Gras (Hay) is working fine. Do not realy understand what is wrong, but i am on investigation for that.
So, use a Large Though and dry gras / hay. Thats working for us.

yes, I can feed them in troughs and use hay/grass/cabbage. they can breed as well, but on the info box when you look at the aurochs in the pen, only the cows show that they have eaten portions of food, and not the bulls, even though they can be seen eating from the troughs. there also doesnt seem to be any sound for their animation when eating from the trough, as opposed to the cows who do make a munching sound.

On 8/17/2021 at 11:22 AM, Roth said:

yes, I can feed them in troughs and use hay/grass/cabbage. they can breed as well, but on the info box when you look at the aurochs in the pen, only the cows show that they have eaten portions of food, and not the bulls, even though they can be seen eating from the troughs. there also doesnt seem to be any sound for their animation when eating from the trough, as opposed to the cows who do make a munching sound.

i believe no vanilla animals males like rooster/boars/rams either show the portions eaten by them, they just eat.

I also dont have my bull and cow eat cabbage but works well with drygrass

17 hours ago, Aledark said:

i believe no vanilla animals males like rooster/boars/rams either show the portions eaten by them, they just eat.

it is shown in vanilla... also shown by the aurochs. it is a default game behavior.

12 hours ago, Aledark said:

Also was wondering if there was something special about the spawn conditions of the cows, we've had some show up in a castle at like 180+ elevation and in my underground smith area

you are always reporting interesting miracles. :D

so, the spawn conditions are almost same

Sheeps:

spawnconditions: {
			worldgen: {
				TriesPerChunk: { avg: 0.08, var: 0 },
				tryOnlySurface: true,
				minLightLevel: 10,
				groupSize: { dist: "verynarrowgaussian", avg: 3, var: 4 },
				insideBlockCodes: ["air", "tallgrass-*", "snowlayer-1"],
				minTemp: -10,
				maxTemp: 20,
				minRain: 0.43,
				companions: ["sheep-bighorn-female", "sheep-bighorn-lamb"]
			},
			runtime: {
				group: "neutral",
				tryOnlySurface: true,
				chance: 0.0006,
				maxQuantity: 4,
				minLightLevel: 10,
				groupSize: { dist: "verynarrowgaussian", avg: 3, var: 4 },
				insideBlockCodes: ["air", "tallgrass-*", "snowlayer-1"],
				minTemp: -10,
				maxTemp: 20,
				minRain: 0.43,
				companions: ["sheep-bighorn-female", "sheep-bighorn-lamb"]
			}
		}
Aurochs

"spawnconditions": {
			"worldgen": {
				"TriesPerChunk": {
					"avg": 0.08,
					"var": 0
				},
				"tryOnlySurface": true,
				"minLightLevel": 10,
				"groupSize": {
					"dist": "verynarrowgaussian",
					"avg": 3,
					"var": 4
				},
				"insideBlockCodes": [ "game:air", "game:tallgrass-*", "game:snowlayer-1" ],
				"minTemp": -10,
				"maxTemp": 30,
				"minRain": 0.33,
				"companions": [ "medievalexpansion:aurochs-female", "medievalexpansion:aurochs-lamb" ]
			},
			"runtime": {
				"group": "neutral",
				"tryOnlySurface": true,
				"chance": 0.0006,
				"maxQuantity": 4,
				"minLightLevel": 10,
				"groupSize": {
					"dist": "verynarrowgaussian",
					"avg": 3,
					"var": 4
				},
				"insideBlockCodes": [ "game:air", "game:tallgrass-*", "game:snowlayer-1" ],
				"minTemp": -10,
				"maxTemp": 30,
				"minRain": 0.33,
				"companions": [ "medievalexpansion:aurochs-female", "medievalexpansion:aurochs-lamb" ]
			}
		}

so, same conditions instead of max temperature.
can not explain why they spawn in your rooms.

Edited by Rhonen

15 hours ago, Zaurkahn said:

is the attack behavior of the aurochs supposed to be in a 360 degree area around them?  Or is there a way to get close to them, even if on the other side of a fence, without triggering an attack?

as i see in the aitask for meleeattack there is no setup for degrees in front of or something like that.
so all is the same like pigs or sheeps.
if i am right there is a better chance to get close by sneaking.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to get the mod "capture animal" to function with the aurochs?

With the text section ( {  "type": "item", "code": "game: resource-drygrass", "entities": [  {  "code": "game:aurochs-*", "capturechance": 0.8  } ) it doesn't crash anymore, but the entity "aurochs" can't be detected (craftig grid message " "no suitable animal").

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.