No Monsters 1.1.0

MintYogi

Want a more chill Vintage Story experience and or not enjoy life with drifters and locusts? Love the wonders of cave exploration without the stress? If so, the No Monsters mod is for you.

It prevents drifters and locusts from spawning. It does not affect any other entities so you can still enjoy the dangerous wolves!

Mod Version: 1.1.0

Game Version: 1.14.0

Download Mod

Access mod source.

Edited by MintYogi
Add links to GitHub repository
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• MintYogi changed the title to [V1.14.0] No Monsters 1.0.0
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, hydrazombie said:

your mod is crashing my single player game, i took all the mods out and added the oldest mods first until i got to yours and it crashed my single player game

I am not having a problem with single player and this mod. Perhaps we should compare our other mods. I only have two screens of them 😉

On 1/14/2021 at 11:41 AM, hydrazombie said:

your mod is crashing my single player game, i took all the mods out and added the oldest mods first until i got to yours and it crashed my single player game

I’m running with other mods with “no monsters” on v1.14.5 (stable) with no problems. Have you tried with only “no monsters” enabled?

I suggest that some other mod is causing the crash when “no monsters” is enabled. I say this because “no monsters” is simply a patch that disables locusts and drifters. It doesn’t have any code that could possibly crash.

If some other mod depends on those entities being enabled, that other mod may crash. You might determine which other mod that is by enabling only "no monsters", verifying that it causes no crash by itself, then enabling (one-by-one) the other mods and checking for crash.

I'm interested in which mod is having issues when "no monsters" is enabled.

Edited by MintYogi
Suggest troubleshooting steps

You need to add one file for the bell to archive of the mod:

NoMonsters.zip/assets/nomonsters/patches/

bell.json

I hope this will help you prevent any crashes caused by the bell. Although you may still need a new save, because of someone added it to current save and got drifters and locusts spawn. In that case you need just remove the bell from the assets\survival\entities\land

Edited by Craluminum

The bell.json above seems well-formed as is the json in No Monsters. I see no violation of the patching modification method used for either.

My theory is there is a problem in the game code that Tyron will need to look into.

As I understand it now, the game crashes with the bell mod being the only entity mod, so I think the best way forward is for that mod's author to log a bug report.

Edited by MintYogi

• MintYogi changed the title to No Monsters 1.0.0

I added disabling of the bell entity to this version (1.1.0) of the No Monsters mod for testing.

I'm interested in learning if the game crashes when this version of No Monsters is the only enabled content pack. My world doesn't crash, but I haven't any pre-existing bell nearby.

Edited by MintYogi
Remove attached 1.1.0 version. It's in a GitHub repo now.

I did a little experimentation and found that the game crashes with No Monsters 1.0.0 when a bell tries to spawn monsters.

Also, when No Monsters 1.1.0 (which disables bells in addition to drifters and locusts) is loaded those monsters spawn naturally, but the game does not crash.

I've submitted a bug report in the forum.

Please disable No Monsters 1.0.0 to prevent game crashes until Tyron can fix the game.

• MintYogi changed the title to No Monsters 1.1.0
15 hours ago, MintYogi said:

As I understand it now, the game crashes with the bell mod being the only entity mod, so I think the best way forward is for that mod's author to log a bug report.

The bell is just trying to spawn entities that don't exist (because NoMonsters turned them off)

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT

8 hours ago, MintYogi said:

Yes, it seems the game is trying to spawn in drifters and locusts without first checking to see if they are enabled.

It would be strange to check each asset for availability if you explicitly added it 😁 The author's way of disabling mobs is very clumsy.

I think the best way would be to modify the AI to make the mobs passive by default.

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.