Simple HUD Clock

Rhonen

This mod is great, but as a server owner, it would be pretty cool to be able to install server-side in order to control which of the display options are available to clients. I think it adds to the excitement to not know when a storm is going to approach until the game alerts you. Knowing that a storm will come in advance of the game alert is kind of... cheaty, imo.

Is there any possibility of adding server-side controls to restrict which options are available to players?

3 hours ago, Kurazarrh said:

This mod is great, but as a server owner, it would be pretty cool to be able to install server-side in order to control which of the display options are available to clients. I think it adds to the excitement to not know when a storm is going to approach until the game alerts you. Knowing that a storm will come in advance of the game alert is kind of... cheaty, imo.

Is there any possibility of adding server-side controls to restrict which options are available to players?

IIRC, does the mod have to be on the server for the storm?  And this practically does not affect anything.  Information is shown at most a few seconds before the text in the chat

13 hours ago, Kurazarrh said:

@Kurazarrh no it's a client only mod. the hudclock-server-mod is only to support claim-info-display.

9 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

IIRC, does the mod have to be on the server for the storm?  And this practically does not affect anything.  Information is shown at most a few seconds before the text in the chat

no, the mod has not to be on server. it's a client only mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 7:46 PM, JamesB said:

Do you have a git page to your source code?  I've been trying to learn the GUI modding system

no there is no public git of my mods, cause of bad experience by try to manipulate and then calls for "bug support".
But if you need some code snippets, i can send you some snippets from the gui implementation.

1 hour ago, Rhonen said:

no there is no public git of my mods, cause of bad experience by try to manipulate and then calls for "bug support".
But if you need some code snippets, i can send you some snippets from the gui implementation.

That would be helpful thanks!  Just sent me a message to my profile here.

2 hours ago, Zandramas said:

Hi!

2.5.0. seems not to work for the current game version (not sure if it should).

Game crashes when loading a save game but works fine again with hudclock-2.4.2.

I'm using 2.5.0 with rc.2 and it seems to work just fine.  I have not tried to load a saved game, however.

22 hours ago, Zandramas said:

2.5.0. seems not to work for the current game version (not sure if it should).

read the game-version info in ModDB
2.5.0 is for 1.15.0
During API changes by Tyron, 2.5.0 will not work with 1.14.10.

mod 2.4.1 will also not work with 1.15.0

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.