Hunger

Melidebby

I'm not sure if there's a way (maybe a mod?) to completely disable hunger, but you can adjust the hunger rate down to "much slower (25%)" when you're creating a new world.

In an existing world, you could also use this command:

/worldconfig playerHungerSpeed [0-10]
Set the players hunger rate multiplier (default: 1)

https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=List_of_server_commands/worldconfig

But I'm not totally sure if 0 means actually no hunger at all.

And you could also start a world in "Creative Building" (completely flat) or switch to creative mode in a normal world with "/gamemode 2", but that of course changes more than just getting rid of hunger. ;)

If you want peaceful mode, it's also worth mentioning that there are configs for mob aggression, including 'only attacks if you attack first', and totally passive.    But ya as far as disabling hunger entirely I'm not sure.   @Tyron would know.   But there's also creative mode, which definitely disables hunger.  But it also changes inventory so maybe that's not what you want.

• 2 years later...

after using /worlconfig playerhungerspeed command and reloading game world in single player no longer works,  used to before today, reinstalled game no mods... deal breaker for me, help... tried editing in savefile, end up corrupted...When edited using the command it will show the correct new value  in your gameinfo on the main menu, but it still shows 25% : (

image.thumb.jpeg.8c68c966763f906f2e65790dc83faccd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8ec2c5b4ee4db2a8e650c685b92fe683.jpeg

image.thumb.png.60efd7147cd6827afd720739c0c8aebb.png

Edited by Meuhey

If somebody can verify if this command is now broken that would be appreciated, when you modify the value using the command it should show up in your gameworld info on the main menu like my 2nd picture ( it used to for me as of yesterday),  in my case, it  would be 0.078 rather than the 25% showing right know. If we can mess with calendar day length we must be able to adjust the hunger speed otherwise for me I have to eat a massive amount of food to go thru one gameday while my food growth speed follows calendar day speed.

Edited by Meuhey

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2023 at 2:37 AM, Streetwind said:

Some worldconfig settings have minimum values you cannot go below. Maybe 1.18 changed something about the minimum playerHungerSpeed you can set? (I don't actually know, just speculating.)

I got mine to go past the minimum but now its stuck there, and if I manually change it it corrupts the save 

On 9/13/2023 at 1:32 PM, Meuhey said:

If somebody can verify if this command is now broken that would be appreciated, when you modify the value using the command it should show up in your gameworld info on the main menu like my 2nd picture ( it used to for me as of yesterday),  in my case, it  would be 0.078 rather than the 25% showing right know. If we can mess with calendar day length we must be able to adjust the hunger speed otherwise for me I have to eat a massive amount of food to go thru one gameday while my food growth speed follows calendar day speed.

and yeah its broken if you go beyond 1 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.