ISSUE JOINING SERVER

Ian HEUER

Hello I am new to VS and was able to set up a server on my own pc that my friends can play but when I try to join it I get an error message of "no message could be made because the target machine actively refused it". The server works for my buddies but not me, is there something I'm missing about server hosting or do I just need to disable the server and use the open to internet feature when I want to play with my friends?

I don't have a solution, but I'm watching for an answer. We've had this problem as well. I was told that our internet router was probably blocking access. The default port is 42420, if that is any help.

Edited by dakko

I am having the same issue. port forwarded 42420 on both my and my friend's routers but still can't connect to each other. Even tried connecting to my own IP and I get this message "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it..." (shows ip and port)

and that with dedicated server. The Single Player just gives me a Upnp error when my router already has that enabled.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I am having the same kind of connection issues as OP. I have tried several ways to address the issue, including reinstalling the game, logging out and back in, reattaching to the server, etc. I was previously able to access this server on a different computer but when I switched to a new computer, I suddenly had an issue logging in.

Edit: So I think I fixed the problem as I am now able to connect

Edited by ruggbean

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2021 at 7:30 AM, ruggbean said:

Hello, I am having the same kind of connection issues as OP. I have tried several ways to address the issue, including reinstalling the game, logging out and back in, reattaching to the server, etc. I was previously able to access this server on a different computer but when I switched to a new computer, I suddenly had an issue logging in.

Edit: So I think I fixed the problem as I am now able to connect

It would be very kind of you if you could at least try to specify what you did to fix this.

Just typing "I fixed it" in a thread should be a ban reason...

• Like 2

On 6/3/2021 at 8:23 AM, DerLord said:

It would be very kind of you if you could at least try to specify what you did to fix this.

Just typing "I fixed it" in a thread should be a ban reason...

If I remember correctly, the port number on the back of my server ID was not input correctly when moving to a new computer and I had to double check my server ID against the port number. 

It would also be very kind of posters to sometimes show screenshots or exact logs of the issues that they are trying to get fixed, especially because there are multiple reasons why an issue can occur, especially on such an early access game. Did OP fix the issue? If not, why not come back and tell us what they did to fix it. Not sure who hurt you, but to insinuate that what I said or didn't should constitute a ban is rather extreme and I hope you have a better day about that.

Capture.PNG

• 3 years later...

Hey guys, I Managed to find a POTENTIONAL FIX for the problem! (machine actively refused) This is how i Fixed mine: Do this on the PC which is going to HOST the server/world. Not the ones that are joining! (youll see why soon) Load up the world you want your friends to join, when youre ingame click Escape and click on Open to LAN, then escape again and click on Open to Internet, (same place as LAN) make sure "Advertise server" is NOT ticked (not Blue) or you MIGHT have randoms joining. Now tab out and do this:  In Windows Search, type in CMD, a little black box should appear, or type in Command Prompt, When that appears you will see C:/Users/(your pc name)  type in there    /ipconfig   then press enter, youll see a bunch of numbers, Depending on if you are on Ethernet or Not, IF ON  ETHERNET: Scroll down and you will see Ethernet adapter Ethernet: look down to IPV4 Address:........ (numbers and dots) Copy them/write them down.  IF ON WIFI: (not ethernet) Look for Wireless LAN adapter Wifi, and copy IPv4 Address ONLY those ones at ipv4.  Ok, so now that they are written down and copied, go to the PCs/Laptops that need to connect to your Main Host PC. (the one that is running the world).
 1: Joining, While the server is Hosting/Up and Running on the Main PC that you just Copied the ipv4 numbers from, on your Pc/Laptops that need to join click on Multiplayer ingame and then click on Add new Server at bottom, At the server name, Put in same name as the World is hosting/called. (not sure if caps lock is soft or not) At the Host/Ip address, Put in the ipv4 address numbers and right after the numbers NO SPACES do :localhost     (this is not what the numbers look like but this is example   196.253.34.0.20:localhost  )   Then after that Connect and you should be able to join, this is what worked for me when i refused to install hamachi. Do Not paste your ipv4 or any numbers in here please they must remain private.

Edited by Tipsygypsie
fixed spelling mistakes, simplified some text easier to read and understand

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.