Mr1k3

A mod that adds new fuels. I originally created this mod to be able to reclaim my iron-shavings from the MetalRecovery mod. Also includes fire logs and peat processing.

Now you can stack fire logs, and both refined peat bricks into piles.

Firelogs and the handbook aren't playing nice, firelog now has a description that includes crafting cost, the item should be hidden by the handbook now.

Heres my patreon if you'd like to support me: Patreon

Fuels:

Spoiler

High-Grade Fuel:

Burns fairly long at extreme temperatures, useful for melting all metals, but poured metals take a very long time to cool. (Outputs two items and anthracite can be used instead coke)

Fire Log:

Burns at very low temperatures but each log lasts 40 minutes! For use in a fireplace to keep you warm during winter but not much else. (Outputs 8 items), stacks to 128.

log2.png.03bf9082f5e32a9951d10666bcfdcc8c.png

Peat processing:

The vanilla peat is now a little worse at smelting things- 20 sec burn time at 400c, this is because the peat should be dried in a chest for 36 in game hours. (image out of date)

Dried peat- will burn for 30 sec at 900c, it can also be improved when you add certain materials to it. (image out of date)

Bio-Char- A charcoal dust with all sorts of organic compounds inside. Obtained by smelting most plants in the fire pit eg: cattails, ferns, flowers, etc.

Refined peat- mix bio-char with peat in the crafting grid for 2 bricks of refined peat, this stuff burns for 128 seconds but only at 850c, great for cooking food.

Propolis- A resin-like substance that is obtained when breaking any type of hive or skep, this stuff never goes off and can be eaten but its main use is in the next fuel.

Bituminous peat- Combine dried, refined peat with some resin or propolis for 4 bricks of bituminous peat, this peat burns for 60 seconds at 1100c so its a alternate to charcoal. Cant be used in bloomeries however. (image out of date)

Download:

https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/450

Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Mr1k3 changed the title to [1.13-1.14] Super-Fuels
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Mr1k3 changed the title to Super-Fuels

2.0.2 changes:

• Added new peat processing chain, now peat can be dried once mined then improved with further processing
  • New peats either burn longer at lower temps or burn hotter for a shorter duration, bituminous peat is a low-end charcoal substitute. Refined peat is meant for long duration low temp cooking eg: cooking.
  • Fire logs recipe now only output 8 instead of 16, but burn time was doubled to 40 real minutes. For recipe consistency.
  • Added descriptions to items.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there any chance that Better Than Heresy's Straw and Straw Bales can be patched to behave like Dry Grass and Hay Bales for the purposes of producing Bio-Char? I tried making a patch mod myself- but I can't get the thing to work. Probably because I don't know how to program besides "look at code- copy-paste code. Look at other code. Flail and try to change the right fields."

But seriously, it'd be nice- because I have so, much, STRAW! And nothing to use it on, besides thatch blocks.

• 1 month later...

2.0.4-

Pile stacking and balance update

• Now you can stack firelogs, and both refined peat bricks in piles
  • Improved burn times of all peats by 5 seconds, increased burn temp of dried peat to 900
  • Increased refined peat burn time from 96 seconds to 128 seconds
  • improved bituminous peat burn time from 40 seconds to 60

9 hours ago, Smeeslug said:

trying to click on firelogs in the handbook crashes the game, "can't create itemstack without item"

hmm, cant seem to recreate the issue. I do know there is a few mods that try to add alternate items to fat in the grid, my guess is maybe when someone added one of these alternate recipes, the game is trying to show you the recipe for the "block" or "pile" of firelogs and not the item (though that should be defined by setting "item" in the crafting json, unless it was done incorrectly). Since its the piles are the only new content this update it seems like it has to do with them. Perhaps if you could send me your client/server main, and maybe even the client/server debug .txt from your games log folder I can try to narrow it down more.

Edited by Mr1k3

Spoiler

31/01/2022 08:48:07: Critical error occurred
System.Exception: Can't create itemstack without item!
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack..ctor(Item item, Int32 stacksize)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerBase.OnHandbookRecipeRender(ICoreClientAPI capi, GridRecipe gridRecipe, ItemSlot dummyslot, Double x, Double y, Double size)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.SlideshowGridRecipeTextComponent.RenderInteractiveElements(Single deltaTime, Double renderX, Double renderY)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementRichtext.RenderInteractiveElements(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.Render(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnRenderFrameGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _vRo5OUTQG1GrM9nJI04WT53NTfD._JHlLXLoFTuzi9aMXOf3xs53BiOn(Single )
   at _aMv7wPQlA8cgDnAEfSbEgoGdVfy._5b9xtkxs5cZMXJBpJdsFujTxqHg(Single )
   at _aMv7wPQlA8cgDnAEfSbEgoGdVfy._CZCOZeGO1GrDP5k5hCtFGOFJtVO(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 479
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 454
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at _WBb7CwUzEOAcHICLKAiVW6NVIeN._6uyy3n9Ds2iEHGU5xys7eJtJVNh(_Bv3M5I4kdGBjvWkB5zNcVsHESud , String[] )
   at _rip5UQmdVBLCq6ZoAXXnaN9jQJc._6uyy3n9Ds2iEHGU5xys7eJtJVNh(ThreadStart )

new 2.0.5 version

• still unable to track down the root issue of the firelog handbook crash, in the meantime-
  • firelog has been excluded from the handbook because of the crash sometimes experienced when looking it up
  • added description to the firelog letting players know how to craft it, as a workaround

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.