ZEEkea! Functional Furniture [v1.6.0]

ZigTheHedge

Did you know you can use curtains to make blocks disappear? I don't think this is intentional, and i don't think you can get those blocks back.  If you place an item against a window, then close the curtain on them, it causes the item to vanish forever.  I had a raccoon in a cage and went to close the curtain and it just disappeared. Is this possible to fix? Maybe not allow the curtain to close if there are items blocking? I was testing how curtains worked and didn't realize the curtain placed on each side would fully extend on a fairly long curtain rod. To my surprise, as well as the caged raccoon's surprise. He vanished. I opened the curtains and placed another block against the glass slab (maybe a block of wood. i forgot) then did the same and that block vanished too. Perhaps the raccoon and the wooden block teleported to a better place.

I am playing version 1.15.5 and using 1.4.13 of this mod. I didn't upgrade because I didn't think the mods after would be compatible with my version of VS. However i never saw this issue addressed in the notes either.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the ore boxes need some better balancing.

They are way more expensive (stones, clay and boards; meaning you have to be able to process metal to craft them) but worse compared to reed baskets.
Maybe give them the same amount of inventory slots like storage vessels, but keep it a bad option for preserving stuff? Or improve the preservation capability to about the storage vessel's capability for other food stuffs? Or maybe worsen it significantly so it'll be really good to make rot (not only slightly better than reed baskets for that pupose).

At the point where a player can craft ore boxes they can craft chests instead. the chest has double the inventory slots, is better at preserving foods and can be labeled, while costing only slightly more than double the boards (and no other ressource).

It looks good but being the worst storage option one has at the point one can craft it, I'd feel stupid to use it for anything other than decoration somewhere, which feels like wasted potential..

• 3 weeks later...

@Hal13 Thanks for the suggestion, I'll think about it.

As for now, here's the next version:

• Fixed: cabinets doors renders twice when player very close to a cabinet
  • Fixed: upper cabinets drops incorrect doors/drawers when broken
  • Fixed: winerack and kitchen cabinets now properly displays bottle contents and the tooltip
  • Tweak: Expanded Food compatibility now requires Expanded Food version 1.5.0+

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to ZEEkea! Functional Furniture [v1.5.1]
  • 4 weeks later...
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to ZEEkea! Functional Furniture [v1.6.0]
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love the mod, Zig!

Have a problem though...

I tried running VintageStoryServer.exe with my current world and it disabled Zeekea in the config.  Not sure why.

Anyways, log in, all my Zeekea items are unknowns.  Fix the serverconfig.json, log in and none of the containers work anymore.  Broke some that didn't have anything rare in them...didn't get the stuff back, but they work after being placed down again.

Problem is, and I hate to admit it, all my records and tapestries are in some of them.

Did I loose them?  😧

Not sure I want to hear the answer...

...yea, I want to know.

Edited by Nashty

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.