Simply Patches (Extended Bed Time, Drop Armor)

DArkHekRoMaNT

Some people think the sleep time in the game is unreasonably low, so I made a mod that doubles sleep time. So far, this is the only mod here, but if there is a request for other small simplifications of the game, I will add here. If you have any suggestions, write.

Extended Sleep Time (doubles sleep time):

Drop Armor (on player death)

Spoiler

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT
  • Like 1

• DArkHekRoMaNT changed the title to Simply Patches (Extended Bed Time, Drop Armor)

Its fine for meals, but resources like quicklime and shingles need to be more efficient, waiting in front of a fire for an entire stack of items to cook isn't fun, especially when they aren't the final product. Ideally the furnace leftover from earlier updates could be used to cook multiple items at once in trade for a longer cooking time (this probably wouldn't work for the cooking pot and crucible because they have their own inventories). Actually I have a potentially easier way to do this (in terms of programming at least) make a "bulk" Item that has a reduced cooking time compared to individuals, use crafting to convert them both ways in both (cooked and uncooked) states. Just a suggestion for my preference, I am not really a hardcore survivalist.

Oh my god, yes. I assume something like this will happen whenever the firepit gets updated, but I need to be able to stick 64 lime into a firepit and make it into quicklime without agonizingly smelting every individual lime from cool to smelted. It's ludicrous and the waste of fuel makes me feel bad.

12 minutes ago, Devilofether said:

Its fine for meals, but resources like quicklime and shingles need to be more efficient, waiting in front of a fire for an entire stack of items to cook isn't fun, especially when they aren't the final product. Ideally the furnace leftover from earlier updates could be used to cook multiple items at once in trade for a longer cooking time (this probably wouldn't work for the cooking pot and crucible because they have their own inventories). Actually I have a potentially easier way to do this (in terms of programming at least) make a "bulk" Item that has a reduced cooking time compared to individuals, use crafting to convert them both ways in both (cooked and uncooked) states. Just a suggestion for my preference, I am not really a hardcore survivalist.

This is a little more than "Simply" patches 😅 I'll add this to my ideas list, there are a couple of options for how this can be implemented. For example, using the containers in which it is cooking (like a crucible for metals), or try to patch the fire roasting system so that it heats all the items at once.

4 hours ago, Devilofether said:

Its fine for meals, but resources like quicklime and shingles need to be more efficient, waiting in front of a fire for an entire stack of items to cook isn't fun, especially when they aren't the final product.

That is why I was so excited that one of the poll options for 1.15 included a firepit rework. But instead people voted for additional meals to cook. -_- I guess we'll be stuck with the unintuitive, inefficient, and exploitable firepit for a while longer.

17 hours ago, Streetwind said:

That is why I was so excited that one of the poll options for 1.15 included a firepit rework. But instead people voted for additional meals to cook. -_- I guess we'll be stuck with the unintuitive, inefficient, and exploitable firepit for a while longer.

People mostly voted for the animal rope 😅

• 8 months later...

Can you make the time acceleration from sleeping happen while others are still playing? I have no idea if that would work or not, but if it does (reasonably easily) then having

(# of Seeping Players / Total # of Players) = Ratio of Time Acceleration

then

Ratio of Time Acceleration * Base Rate = New Rate

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.